Who makes the best TT today?

JerryB

RDC Crypto
I'm laughing my ass off right now. AWD, 2WD, 6100. The Masons, Herbst, Geiser, Tsco, and Brenthel all make quality trucks. All can win with the right team and driver behind the wheel. We sold our Mason as we had the 3rd one and had poor finishing results from failures of transmissions, diff's, and transfer cases and spend a poop load of money in the process. I have full confidence if we had kept it we would have figured it out and been competitive but was unwilling to spend the time and resources to do so. I give the Mason's credit as they took the risk ( or their customers ) to try something new and it's paying off now. Never hurts having the best teams running your product either. Was nice to see our old truck win Laughlin again with Justin Lofton behind the wheel. Continue with the discussion.
jajaja....... I was never a truck builder but I played on on RDC once :rolleyes:

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
I'm laughing my ass off right now. AWD, 2WD, 6100. The Masons, Herbst, Geiser, Tsco, and Brenthel all make quality trucks. All can win with the right team and driver behind the wheel. We sold our Mason as we had the 3rd one and had poor finishing results from failures of transmissions, diff's, and transfer cases and spend a poop load of money in the process. I have full confidence if we had kept it we would have figured it out and been competitive but was unwilling to spend the time and resources to do so. Is the AWD faster I think it is with less driving effort needed to get there but it is a tank at 7500lbs. For example Brett's old #88 Herbst truck came in at 5704 race ready. I give the Mason's credit as they took the risk ( or their customers ) to try something new and it's paying off now. Never hurts having the best teams running your product either. Was nice to see our old truck win Laughlin again with Justin Lofton behind the wheel. Continue with the discussion as it's entertaining.
The truth! :)

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
It’s a silly question as we already have the Data and results to show that currently the Mason is the top dog TT.

We can say that’s the case because of the teams that race them but clearly those teams think the Mason is the best and they know way more than we do.

AWD is the best solution now and will continue to be. That’s where super cars have gone and you don’t see too many off road vehicles being sold to the public that are 2WD.

If the other builders want to sell TT’s they have some catching up to do.

Mike

Argentino

RDC Crypto
AWD has always been so dominate in all forms of racing that it has it's own class in every style of racing other than ours. Not that I want another class, just stating the facts.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Hmm.
So LR in a 2WD truck is first in points for the championship going into the 1000.
Rob Mac in a 2WD is second by 2 points.

Hmm.🤔
There are so many factors that come into play that going by points doesn't really make either side of the argument have any The Science™™ to prove things one way or another...

Lets skip over to BITD- Concrete and Jergensen are the top two BUT, they didnt have to race Voss so does their point standing really count?

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Well voss is done so no need to compare him anymore.
1. For sure? I heard differently and desperately want you to be wrong.

2. That doesn't change my point. Andy wrecked at the 400 so that means what? 2wd is better than 4? Too many variables?

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Dan200,
You know as well as anyone that consistency is what wins chsmpiobships.
And I do believe LR and Rob Mac were racing against the the top tier teams who were racing Mason AWD trucks.
Just saying.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Dan200,
And I do believe LR and Rob Mac were racing against the the top tier teams who were racing Mason AWD trucks.
Just saying.
Yea, I get it BUT does a championship mean they had the best truck?

For example- Honda arguably has the best 7200. It won this years Baja 250 and 500 but since it did not run the Baja 400 its going into the 1000 third place in points. I'm pretty sure that even if we win the 1000 were not gonna win the class championship.

Does that mean that Chamlee (who is first in points) has a better truck than a factory funded TSCO? We beat him both times we raced him in 2021. But he raced all the races and we did not.

Basically we agree, right? There is no right answer to the "who-makes-the-best-tt-today" question.

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
Yea, I get it BUT does a championship mean they had the best truck?

For example- Honda arguably has the best 7200. It won this years Baja 250 and 500 but since it did not run the Baja 400 its going into the 1000 third place in points. I'm pretty sure that even if we win the 1000 were not gonna win the class championship.

Does that mean that Chamlee (who is first in points) has a better truck than a factory funded TSCO? We beat him both times we raced him in 2021. But he raced all the races and we did not.

Basically we agree, right? There is no right answer to the "who-makes-the-best-tt-today" question.
LR has a win and leading in points, just needs a good finish to also win the championship so in his case, you can argue he has the best truck.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
LR has a win and leading in points, just needs a good finish to also win the championship so in his case, you can argue he has the best truck.
NO. YOU. CAN'T.

You position is based on a logical fallacy but you can make statistics say whatever you want if ya try hard enough so...

Bryce is second to last in BITD points so you could also argue that Masons and or 4wd trucks are garbage.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Rob and LR have raced every race.
So has Brice, Luke and Andy, all in Mason AWD I do believe. 😁

Just stiring that pot. 😎

And your right, you can stack the statics anyway you like to prove your point. Been done for ages. Even more so nowdays.

A fast race car and good team can get you a win.
But a reliable, consistent race car and team wins you championships. 😉

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Dan200,
Just saying.
Does Bryce or Luke have a shot at the championship if they win the 1000? Or is Rob going to get it racing in Luke's truck at the 1000?

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Does Bryce or Luke have a shot at the championship if they win the 1000? Or is Rob going to get it racing in Luke's truck at the 1000?
Thata the million dollar question? Do the points go to driver of record? If so, is luke going to let Rob be driver of record?

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
Is there a wait list, yes. Anyone who builds a competitive truck will have one. 5 years, not even close. To have a new truck finished, you are looking the middle of 2023 completion. Can no longer say he has never steered you wrong. :)
maybe he meant 5 years of mega overtime to cover the check?( i like how this is sortta turning into a 'who wins the championship' thread, im all in for LR👍

Last edited: