Who makes the best TT today?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Yes for sure relative. We are far from where we started when we bought our truck. Financially and experience.

No not really trying to prove anything. We are not great drivers or great truck builders. In fact we know very little and work hard to compensate for our lack of knowledge or experience.

We started just wanting to finish. Now we want a top 5. It’s a never ending pursuit.

I don’t think we can beat the top dollar Herbst trucks. I just like to remind them who they are and who is chasing them.

I never really have a point. I just speak what I am thinking. I was bummed to see another “hired” gun in a top dollar 6100 truck sign up for Cal City. I was just complaining in my own way. Haha

I already regret even saying anything about my budget or other things I own. Should have let your post slide. :)

But you guys know I am too dumb to keep my mouth shut.

Mike

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes for sure relative. We are far from where we started when we bought our truck. Financially and experience.

No not really trying to prove anything. We are not great drivers or great truck builders. In fact we know very little and work hard to compensate for our lack of knowledge or experience.

We started just wanting to finish. Now we want a top 5. It’s a never ending pursuit.

I don’t think we can beat the top dollar Herbst trucks. I just like to remind them who they are and who is chasing them.

I never really have a point. I just speak what I am thinking. I was bummed to see another “hired” gun in a top dollar 6100 truck sign up for Cal City. I was just complaining in my own way. Haha

I already regret even saying anything about my budget or other things I own. Should have let your post slide. :)

But you guys know I am too dumb to keep my mouth shut.

Mike
Haha. Was not trying to air any laundry!

Just funny to see the small fish pointing at the bigger fish.

Many fish of many sizes in our little pond. All just trying to have fun!

I imagine our goals will be similar. "Let's just finish." turns into "Let's get that podium" over time.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
You are fine. I didn’t take it as you messing with me. It was a valid point.

I deal with people that have serious FU money so it’s easy to lose perspective.

I had a course I did on Luxury sales and dealing with the affluent. A Luxury product public company paid me to travel the world and teach people how to sell to the ultra rich. I was on the road for 3 years talking about this subject. Much of my presentation is about Relativity. There is always some one with more and less. We all get complacent where we are and have a hard time seeing where others are.

I try hard to be thankful and appreciate what I have. It’s hard when Dan is not around to do it for me. Hehe

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
I also own a 1979 Citation Jet that I personally fly and lease out to some guys to help cover the cost.

I try hard to be thankful and appreciate what I have. It’s hard when Dan is not around to do it for me. Hehe

I'm LOLing out loud while I am posting this video....

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I wish. Haha

Mike

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
Are there any new AWD trucks in the works outside of the Mason order list? I think it is getting to the point where enough fast / well funded teams are in them that you cannot simply wait for them to have mechanical issues at this point. At least in Mexico. Idk how many of the AWD trucks are racing BITD anymore.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
So, Bryce had the Huseman truck in contingency. Which one did they race? I went by to fast for me to tell.
Mason. Hasn’t run the Huseman in a race this year.

His media guy told me at Crandon that the Huseman is really fast, with a higher top end, but the Mason is much smoother on the driver. And when you’re splitting trucks with Andy it’s good to have a truck they both know.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
So a couple AWD Masons did pretty good the other day. Are we able to say they are legit now? I think maybe a 1227 mile Baja peninsula run might suggest these trucks with a lot of moving parts to break are more durable than some have thought them to be. No?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Pretty hard to argue with #1 and #2 at the longest race in recent history. I think Mason has proved itself in long desert racing for sure.

Mike

TwistyItch

RDC Crypto
Website
liquidaider.com
One of the 2 Geiser RPM trucks in the Baja 1000 is AWD. I don't know if it was #4 that was in the hunt for one of the top 4 positions and broke an axle that put hem down to 6th, or if it was #5 that broke and did not finish.

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
Masons are legit, anyone who discounts them has their head buried in the sand. Even their 2wd did a great run.
The bar has been moved and its up too the other MFGs to step up their product, but 3rd was still a very traditional 2wd, small block truck run by a great team who knows how to race.
I agree with everything you said. Cam put together a great team. They had an incredible run. And really, there is probably not a better ambassador or anybody more likeable in off road racing. We are starting to see now the 4WD populating too much of the field to deny that you will have to have one in the next couple years to win in Baja. Hell, that may already be the case. Cam was 45 minutes back, and if Bryce / Andy don't lose a motor, it may be a good hour. I know Geiser has made an AWD, but I would think Herbst is going to need AWD with those bad a$$ Gibbs motors soon or they won't be winning much. San Felipe, AWD trucks were 1st and 3rd, Baja 500 (before penalties changed the order), 1st and 2nd, Baja 400 1st and 2nd, and now the 1000 1st and 2nd. Arciero is ridiculously fast in 2WD. Jax and Block were surprisingly fast. But those front trucks were on another level. They averaged almost 60 MPH. That's incredible.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
The #4 is a 2wd G6, the 5L is the Dual/Dual truck, 2 motors, 2 transmissions, one throttle
Posts by the drivers counter that. Pretty sure the Matney team was driving the AWD