atl_wall_chart.jpg
Fish right now trying to figure out where all the Jesse trucks are

Attachments

• 4D0260B0-32EA-4EFC-BBC9-E03FE117AD0A.jpeg
    4D0260B0-32EA-4EFC-BBC9-E03FE117AD0A.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 0

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I don’t think it’s the cost of racing TT or unlimited that people are whining about.

If you step back and look at what the AWD is and will continue to do is devalue the 2WD and make guys not race them at all.

The TT numbers have gone down and will continue to drop as it becomes more clear you need a AWD with 1200hp to race TT.

There is a huge gap now between AWD TT and 6100. 2WD TT fits right in the middle and just makes sense. You guys are just stubborn.

AWD and 2WD classes makes sense for the orgs and the racers. Anyone that says otherwise is racist. That argument seems to work for others. Haha

Mike

TrophyBurro

RDC Crypto
I don’t think it’s the cost of racing TT or unlimited that people are whining about.

If you step back and look at what the AWD is and will continue to do is devalue the 2WD and make guys not race them at all.

The TT numbers have gone down and will continue to drop as it becomes more clear you need a AWD with 1200hp to race TT.

There is a huge gap now between AWD TT and 6100. 2WD TT fits right in the middle and just makes sense. You guys are just stubborn.

AWD and 2WD classes makes sense for the orgs and the racers. Anyone that says otherwise is racist. That argument seems to work for others. Haha

Mike
convert them to 6100.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The idea that TT’ will get converted to 6100 hasn’t played out the way everyone thought. And I don’t think we need more 6100 trucks anyway. 2022 will have even more already.

But give me a good reason why we can’t have a 2WD TT class?

There are AWD and 2WD classes in other forms of racing.

Mike

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
I don't really follow this line of logic. Brand new, an AWD costs about 50% more than a 2WD. Same thing for prep and maintenance. That's not "devaluing". That's simply the universal rule that speed costs money.

But putting that aside, there are only like 5-8 teams that are seriously competing to win Baja events. Everyone else is out to have fun and do as well as they can. For this group of "everybody else", it doesn't matter that Bryce and the McMillin's have an AWD TT. Those teams already had helicopters, weeks of time off work to prerun, tons of paid crew members, 57 years of pace notes, etc., etc., etc. The fact that their race car is slightly faster doesn't matter. The "everybody else" group wasn't trying to beat Bryce anyway.

Thus, the calculus of whether or not to enter the race is unchanged.

And why do you think TT numbers are down? If you are looking at the 1000, those numbers are down because (1) it was a peninsula race (too expensive and time consuming for many in the "everybody else" group) and (2) all of the good drivers now team up, which cuts the entries by 50%.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
If Baja were as dependent upon cornering performance as WRC, AWD would have been standard for 30 years. As it has been in short course racing. The reason the hassles AWD bring haven't been addressed earlier is that the performance gains aren't quite as dramatic relative to the challenges of endurance.
But dramatic enough for people to spend 750k on them.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
V2R is a good reason

Why?

Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to understand.

I don’t think there have been many AWD race V2R.

Mike

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
Why?

Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to understand.

I don’t think there have been many AWD race V2R.

Mike
Because many of the AWD trucks are slower than the fast 2WD trucks, and the fast 2WD trucks do not want to get stuck in the dust behind the slow AWD trucks

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I guess I just see a lot of 2WD TT’s sitting and for sale for way lower than they should.

Also see fewer TT at races.

6100 is growing and TT is getting smaller. Having a step in between would be good.

I don’t think there are as many 2WD TT teams out to just have fun. They think they have a chance. The more they realize they do not have a chance they less will race.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Because many of the AWD trucks are slower than the fast 2WD trucks, and the fast 2WD trucks do not want to get stuck in the dust behind the slow AWD trucks

I get that. But they won’t win anyway. Does not matter if they start up front and have clean air. The AWD will win over the 2WD.

And the AWD will qualify better. So you already have slower AWD starting in front of fast 2WD

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
V2R, the one legit AWD checked out till a part checked out, a fast 2wd in a well funded team rolled right into that win. Its still gonna happen, looking at the roster for the M%@T 399 next week, I dont see a Mason entered, lots of 2WDs racing, some with amazing teams, others are moving traffic cones. Will be a great show.
Luke-Racer 2wd
Lofton, Edit, Per Mason, Lofton is racing his AWD
No Menzies listed

Looking at 6100 could be a shootout too, I know the 6100 BITD champs are not racing

Last edited:

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
I guess I just see a lot of 2WD TT’s sitting and for sale for way lower than they should.

Also see fewer TT at races.

6100 is growing and TT is getting smaller. Having a step in between would be good.

I don’t think there are as many 2WD TT teams out to just have fun. They think they have a chance. The more they realize they do not have a chance they less will race.

Mike
Mike - I don't know what planet you are living on!

At that Baja 400, there were 23 Spec TT's and 27 real TT's. Those are huge entry numbers for both classes.

And the AWD TT's (excluding Bryce, Andy and Luke - who beat everybody no matter what they are driving) were sprinkled throughout the qualifying results.

Look, I own a 2WD TT. I don't want another class.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Yeah not any AWD at the Mint. So good point that it wouid be silly to have separate classes there.

I talked to Dustin and they said they were not racing the Mint. But MM updated the entry list and they are still there. And I saw a IG clip of them cleaning the truck. So maybe they have changed their minds.

Actually 6100 at a Mint is turning out to be a decent field. Not a lot of ringers but lots of faster guys.

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Funny Jones story, coming home from Parker 2 last year and Mason is parked at Vidal Junction with hood open on tow rig, Jones truck in on some clapped out Big Tex 2 axle buggy/landscape trailer, I ask the Masons of they need some help, they had some wiring issue, mention the trailer status and they laugh and say its Jones truck trailer............

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Mike - I don't know what planet you are living on!

At that Baja 400, there were 23 Spec TT's and 27 real TT's. Those are huge entry numbers for both classes.

And the AWD TT's (excluding Bryce, Andy and Luke - who beat everybody no matter what they are driving) were sprinkled throughout the qualifying results.

Look, I own a 2WD TT. I don't want another class.

Dude I don’t know what planet I am living in either. Haha I was totally against a 2WD class.

I guess I am mostly getting worried about all the 2WD TT guys coming to race 6100 next year. But maybe I need to stop bitchin and either sell our truck and buy a new Herbst or just go home.

So I am biased and want some class to keep the TT guys out of 6100. Hehe

Mike

TrophyBurro

RDC Crypto
Our plan was to buy the truck and only race for one year then sell it. We are at the end of our 3rd year. LOL Just like only doing coke for one weekend, not a good plan and should have known better. The Mint400 will be our second race in the last two years that we are showing up with a good truck. But so many things can go wrong in this sport. I think it takes a lot of races with a perfect truck to have good results. the guys showing up in new Herbst, Geiser, TSCO, etc trucks have that part handled.

I did that spreadsheet of 6100 manufactures standings and Brenthel was rarely if ever in the #1 spot until Kyle started racing them. There could have been one but for sure that was not the trend. Brenthel does a lot of things well and I have a lot of respect for them. But they are not the best TT or spec truck, period. Sorry

Mike
Brenthel had 6100 Win 2020 baja 1000 Jeff Bader