Who makes the best TT today?

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
When are you gonna buy a cheap geiser chassis and transfer all your drivetrain into it and race it? thats the cheapest option on good chassis these days. The fact that Herbst Smith chassis can be either class is brilliant.
Thats where you should be thinking, winning chassis with your drivetrain?
That should create 30 more posts

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Haha funny guy. Wouid be way more than 30 post if I did that.

I don’t think our chassis is that bad. It has some great things about it. It’s tough as hell. We have never had a chassis issue. It’s narrow and long which is good for lots of races. And now it has a killer drivetrain. It’s only weakness is it’s taller but that can also be a benifit, especially for taller drivers.

I do love the Giesers truck though. But the early ones we can’t fit in. We are all 6’5” and the early Geisers are too short.

Mike

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Im talking about anyone who races a TT who would cry to have a 2WD class. Mike should sell his truck and buy a Herbst Or Mason or Geiser if he wants to compete when the top guys race 6100 too haha.
To quote your previous post, when BFG introduced the 39” in 2005 (if I recall correctly) Herbst AWD won both the SCORE Henderson 250 and Primm 300 back to back. They were the only truck in the field to have the 39” so that was a slight advantage as well, lol, but the truck handled it. I can also recall several podiums for that truck and at least 1 more win somewhere in there. The Achilles heel to that truck was front wheel travel, I think it was less than 20”.

Seriously I believe AWD was going to be the wave of the future 20 plus years ago if the factories had stayed in it. MacPherson had theirs which I believe motivated Herbst to go that route as well as the Nick Baldwin car. That big money pulled out and I don’t think the privateers wanted to fund that development farther, they just wanted to buy a Geiser and go win.

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
Please just stop. Seriously log off lol. We do NOT need a lovely 2WD TT class. The class is UNLIMITED. If you cant step up and hang with the big boys then go race 6100. The last thing we need is another lovely class when there is already 1000000 of them because people who cant win always cry till they get a new class made for them.
Actually 2WD class would be fine as long as they mix the start like BITD does with 1500 cars. IT was always cool to see Letner going for the win in the Alpha 1500. I bet 2WD-TT class could get 20+ entries every race. Look at how many classes that have less that 5 entries. 2WD TT class might be 3rd or 4th biggest class. Not a big fan of more classes unless it can pull a lot of entries.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Yeah Kyle has proven he can win in anything. He took a Camburg that had not been on the podium and won with it, then the same with Brenthel.

I bet he could win in our truck also. For sure there are outliers like Kyle, But that does not change the facts on who has the best TT.

I will be honest the idea of 2WD TT class has me excited. One of the reasons I am struggling with racing next year is I know there are going to be 5 or so new 6100 with TT teams racing them. They will make it almost impossible for us to have a good season. We already have a hard time justifying with the fast guys that are already racing 6100. 5 or more brand new trucks next season with experienced teams will just be too much for my positive naive brain to fight against.

I bet every one of those new 6100 trucks would be racing 2WD TT if it was a class.

Mike
Mike, I think you should relish in the idea of more competition coming to the class. The idea of winning a race is only appealing when you've conquered a challenging course and a full field of cars that could have one, but you bested them.

I personally think that the Spec trucks are the future of the sport due to the fact that there's somewhat of an equal playing field.

If our team was talking about going spec or TT id push for the spec all day long because the amount of money you pour into the program has an almost direct correlation with your average finishing result.

Sure, the TT is the pinnacle of the sport as far as innovation as well as competition currently, but as time rolls on I would bet on the spec becoming the premier place for drivers to go head to head. The AWD has already begun the demise of the class, heavy hitters will continue to fold and go elsewhere in the field because eventually the $$$ poured in will not make sense.

The spec truck offers more reliability, a more level playing field, a more affordable option, its a win all the way around other than it doesn't hold the clout that TT currently does.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Just so you guys know portal hubs are not a new thing, tractors were using them in the 30s and VW was using them in the 40s, I believe Hummer H1 was fitted with portals as well.

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Haha ok fine. Then you figure out a way to keep TT guys from racing in 6100. Let’s hear your ideas.

Oh well I guess nobody asked me what I thought anyway.

Mike
Why would you want to stop them from coming to 6100?? This only makes sense if youre one of the people who knows they cant win now unless other people who are better break. Thats the exact problem I was talking about earlier, its those people who whine and complain till they get their own class so they can "win".

This is lovely racing, that means you show up and want to beat the best there is! When I race I want to race against the most competition as possible! Its lame "winning" against just a couple cars. Bring them all! If they are within the class rules then lets do it!!! If you need other people to break for you to have a chance then you are not racing. Simple as that. Fix your program, truck, pits, whatever is keeping you back so then you can actually go for a win without needing others to break. And I dont wanna hear $$ as an excuse because you shouldnt be racing a class you cant afford.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Ok

Everyone that struggles to afford to race the class they are in should stop. There goes 80% of off-road racers.

Mike

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Ok so only race if you have unlimited budget. That makes sense. The point of 6100 was it was limited. It has become unlimited funds.

I get your point. But it does suck to have TT guys with big pockets come race in 6100 and take away the chances for the lower budget teams. But you are saying there should not be lower budget teams.

But it’s way more macho to beat your chest and say don’t whine or don’t race if you can’t afford to have unlimited budgets.

Interesting perspective from someone that does not race at all.

Edit- I am over it. Tried to make my points. I Need to stay off RDC. Haha

Mike
6100 is a limited class correct?? So having an unlimited budget doesn’t help THAT much in a limited class. Everyone can have the same equipment as there is a limit to what you can do. Sure maybe you can’t have brand new stuff every race if you don’t have as much $$ but that’s just part of racing and always will be no matter what class you race! Whining about someone who’s got more $$ racing in your class is just a part of life. Go race SST if you want everyone to be in the same vehicle and $$ not to matter.

Ive raced off-road for 20 years in every class and I know how it works. The limited classes have rules to help keep budget from making a difference. Hell when we used to race 1450 our trucks didn’t have all the crazy wazoo poop on them and we still smoked everyone who did because we actually didn’t have our trucks fall apart every race and knew how to drive. We always wanted to race against the most people we could! That’s racing!!

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
2) I agree. He is getting really fast, really quick. He will be in what it takes to compete.
4) Absolutely. If you are whining about budget of "unlimited" racing being the issue, you are in the wrong class.
if class has 'spec' before its designation, That is the $ whinnning 'go ' signal 😉👍( edit, i raced Spec rx7, i kept it to myself, but others in my budget level cried about guys who used to race in the gt classes, showroom stock classes ect' drop down' to spec and Always have brand new tires every session& cars with the latest " tune", they still had a hard time running at the front, me?, i didnt mind , they were Great pit help, always throwing me down THEIR 'used' tires, then i would wear 'em to the cord, & hope for more, money is always running at the front period

Last edited:

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
Im talking about anyone who races a TT who would cry to have a 2WD class. Mike should sell his truck and buy a Herbst Or Mason or Geiser if he wants to compete when the top guys race 6100 too haha.
no, i say sort out the lt 1& get 110% out of the truck, as you get better at driving, the wins will come, starting a whole new program will only slow the driver progression, the truck , i hate to say it, MTP, is probably able to win , Now, its All the nitt picky / driving skill things now, with seat time comes wins

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
Why would you want to stop them from coming to 6100?? This only makes sense if youre one of the people who knows they cant win now unless other people who are better break. Thats the exact problem I was talking about earlier, its those people who whine and complain till they get their own class so they can "win".

This is lovely racing, that means you show up and want to beat the best there is! When I race I want to race against the most competition as possible! Its lame "winning" against just a couple cars. Bring them all! If they are within the class rules then lets do it!!! If you need other people to break for you to have a chance then you are not racing. Simple as that. Fix your program, truck, pits, whatever is keeping you back so then you can actually go for a win without needing others to break. And I dont wanna hear $$ as an excuse because you shouldnt be racing .
fixxed it