Who makes the best TT today?

Advertising supports this site

Robert Mason

RDC Crypto
They are basically all the same truck. The differences between them don't have that big of an impact on overall performance.

That said, I think the photos of the Brenthel and the TSCO are for 6100s, and the Geiser and the Mason are true TTs. I'll take the big block! That's a real difference!
The good drivers can tell the difference from one truck to another. All the trucks definitely are not the same. For the 30k prep on a TT every 1000 miles. You can spend 20k-30k on an engine rebuild alone. No one is competitive in a TT that only spends 30k per 1000 miles on prep unfortunately. Prep costs vary significantly from one team to another. Really depends on budget and how much you are willing to spend to minimize chance of a failure. The typical teams running an awd service all drivetrain components every race as do most competitive 2wd teams. There are a lot more drivetrain components to service on an awd so inherently they are more expensive to prep. I would say the same team going from a 2wd TT to awd TT will spend 25% more in prep costs. This was more early on in development when there were more part failures. To do a solid prep on a 2wd it would take me roughly 250 hrs and to do the same quality prep on an awd would take about 300 hrs then add in the extra cost of servicing more drivetrain components. Most teams that go awd say they would never go back so that added expense must be worth it to them. I think it showed at San Felipe when our awds qualified 1,2,3,4,5 and swept the podium on race day. Some may say "well thats because you have the best teams" and yes that is true, team and driver are the number one factor, But dont you think there may be a reason why the best drivers have gone this route?

Just my 2 cents.

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
This topic is the same one from like a decade ago when it was thought you couldn’t win unless you were in a Geiser. You can observe great racers looking very average or average racers looking great depending on the race vehicle and the team they are on. This holds true from F1 to Supercross to every form of Motorsports in between. It’s never a bad thing to drive a proven winning platform, until it isn’t, just ask Hamilton.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
For sure some guys can win in 2WD. But I am sure those same guys could win in AWD as well.

Guys like Kyle Jergensen proved that there are guys that can win in anything. Haha put Kyle in a Mason AWD and game over. Everyone might as well stay home, at least that’s what Fish would say.

From an enthusiast the lines and design of the Mason stand out to be the best of the best. Even if they were slow they just look well designed and thought out.

Mike

sand shark

RDC Crypto
For sure some guys can win in 2WD. But I am sure those same guys could win in AWD as well.

Guys like Kyle Jergensen proved that there are guys that can win in anything. Haha put Kyle in a Mason AWD and game over. Everyone might as well stay home, at least that’s what Fish would say.

From an enthusiast the lines and design of the Mason stand out to be the best of the best. Even if they were slow they just look well designed and thought out.

Mike

Was Kyle in the Awd Brenthal at Silver State?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Was Kyle in the Awd Brenthal at Silver State?

Yes but it had belt problems then a cooling line got damaged. So it was not a good measure.

Mike

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
This topic is the same one from like a decade ago when it was thought you couldn’t win unless you were in a Geiser. You can observe great racers looking very average or average racers looking great depending on the race vehicle and the team they are on. This holds true from F1 to Supercross to every form of Motorsports in between. It’s never a bad thing to drive a proven winning platform, until it isn’t, just ask Hamilton.
This is just evolution of race vehicles in this instance. For the longest time the 2WD trucks all started to be similar and Geiser no longer had the advantage. Eventually, maybe, AWD technology will all be similar or as good as the Mason trucks. Until then, the best teams are buying them and the best teams are running out front in them. Now that 5-8 of the top 10 teams at every race have the best equipment, those other 1-2-3 guys not in the same equipment have to push harder to keep up and that still may not be enough. The point you are making is solved by buying the newest technology every few years. It is what works in our daily drivers to drive up sales. If Mason or Geiser never improve or develop new technology, then eventually their sales will stagnate and somebody else will be gaining more customers.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
what about this scenario: You get the opportunity to choose between Mark Post's "Black Diamond" Or Bryce Menzies Mason.

Forget about winning. This is just to drive and experience it in a race.
I'd choose the vehicle that has been in the hands of RobMac, Mark Post, Curt Leduc, Jerry Welchel, Robby Gordon, Ed Herbst & Carl Renezeder.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Haha that’s a good idea.

I just sold my 2020 toy hauler for $5k more than I paid for it brand new 2 years ago.

All the toys i have are worth way more now than when I bought them. But who knows what the future holds.

So yeah buy the Mason. Order a spec truck and maybe in 2 years I will be ready.

Mike

Goober

RDC Crypto
I’d choose the Mason cause with a 2 year wait I bet I could sell it for enough money to make life really easy for me and Mrs Nimrod plus have enough left over for a utv or 1600 to race. If only I knew which one to pick…..
I thought Mason said the 2 year wait ways a myth?