Who makes the best TT today?

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
I thought Mason said the 2 year wait ways a myth?
Yep, I posted it in another thread. Mason came on and said my info was incorrect. It was a myth.
So you should be able to go buy one and have it ready to go by the 1000. Or sooner if it's juts a myth. ;)

And didn't Rob Mac just miss the podium in his old 2WD truck at this years SF250? :)

Advertising supports this site

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
Yep, I posted it in another thread. Mason came on and said my info was incorrect. It was a myth.
So you should be able to go buy one and have it ready to go by the 1000. Or sooner if it's juts a myth. ;)

And didn't Rob Mac just miss the podium in his old 2WD truck at this years SF250? :)
One of the greatest racers in history who is not far removed from winning the Baja 100 has a flawless run and misses the podium. It is not like he is washed up and totally slow. That should be all the evidence you need that requirement for winning if not now, in the very near future will be AWD and monster horsepower.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
One of the greatest racers in history who is not far removed from winning the Baja 100 has a flawless run and misses the podium. It is not like he is washed up and totally slow. That should be all the evidence you need that requirement for winning if not now, in the very near future will be AWD and monster horsepower.
Rob and Luke just won the Baja 1000 in Lukes AWD.
And Rob won the 2021 SCORE TT Championship as well.

There's a reason Rob still races the regular TT class and not the legends TT class. he's still whipping up on the young kids.

fastfelix

RDC Crypto

But that’s rob mac

Gittere

RDC Crypto
can someone MANSPLAIN to me the abbreviations for the manufacturers on score results sheets?

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
2011 actually. 12 year old tech and still at the front. Old for sure lol
So an 11 year old truck that's seen more than its fair share of racing I'm sure, beat all but 3 MASON AWD new trucks at SF. Oh and it also won another SCORE championship in 2021. :cool:

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
So an 11 year old truck that's seen more than its fair share of racing I'm sure, beat all but 3 MASON AWD new trucks at SF. Oh and it also won another SCORE championship in 2021. :cool:
This again proves the point of what TT gives you the absolute best chance to win today. Rob is one of the nicest guys I have met and still is as fast as anybody. A flawless race with one of the fastest guys in the history of the sport was off by nearly 6 minutes in 250 miles. Over a true 1,000 mile race a 24 minute loss would not be impressive.

Not taking anything away from Rob but it proves the point that the guys up front having a flawless day with a new AWD truck are going to finish ahead of the best 2WD. There are starting to be enough AWD to where there will always be at least 1 fast guy with a flawless day in an AWD. The last year or two has seen a 2WD finish up front a couple of times due to attrition but that will not continue to be the case with more AWD on the course. If it was not an advantage, Andy, Bryce, Lofton, Luke, Dan, etc. would not make the switch. Because Rob was "close" doesn't mean that truck gives you the best chance to win today. These guys are not spending $100K plus per race prep (according to Steve Sourapas numbers) to be close.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Rob is about as humble as it gets. But when he's in race mode, its game on serious.
I think he can win in his 2WD depending on the course. The AWD is a different animal with a different driving style.

If you think about it, Rob won more races and championships in short course in his 2WD than he did in the 4WD. He even beat the 4WD's in his 2WD a few times.

But given enough time in a AWD Baja truck, I think he could adapt easily. I knw he learned a lot while prerunning in Luke's AWD for the 1000 last year.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
All he had to do was beat LR. he was 2 points behind him. I'm sure Rob could have done that in his old 2WD truck. :)

"All he had to do" is kind of like "If only". Haha you cant play that game. Because then you have to go to the rest of the field and allow them to say all they had to do was one thing or If only, and they may have all won. Like if only Luke would not have went thru the tent area. Totally changes outcome.

Rob Mac can not be used to prove any point on RDC. He is an outlier and should not show up in any statical analysis.

And his truck is not a 2012 truck no more than our truck is the same as when it was built in 2012.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Haha true, Well we don't know what paper work Rob has with his truck to get over the border. Maybe all he needs is to sign someones shirt and gets across whenever he wants. or maybe they have a special gate just for him. They should.

He is the Goat for sure. messing with stats for a long time.

Mike

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Funny story.
Pitting out in the middle of nowhere down south for the Baja 500 SUR. We were camping out there for several days with no one around. Come race day, a couple of local's from somewhere show up and set up across the road from us. I go over and take them a Rob Mac poster. They are freaking out. You would think I just gave them a gold bar or something. Was awesome.