Who makes the best TT today?

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I forgot about JRI. They had those electronic tuned shocks at Offroad Expo and I haven't seen or heard from them since.

Old Truck Guy

RDC Crypto
So Its
best truck = Geiser
best engine = Kroyer
Best Transmission Gear Works

Best Drivers = Rob =Andy = Voss = Johnny Angal :rolleyes:
Since someone mentioned driver, I vote "Moneybags" for driver. With barely a year of TT experience under his belt, and 4 years total of desert racing experience, this goonba won it all at V2R over the top modern era drivers. If anyone can chime in with another driver who over-alled a BITD or SCORE event in such a short lived career, now's the time.
For modern day TT's, 2wd-Geiser, 4wd-Mason

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
So out of all of these TT's, how many of them are bone stock, as delivered from the manufacture?

Or are they all modified by the owner/driver to fit their needs? Which then makes them modified, Masons, Geisers, etc.

Rprice

RDC Crypto
Since someone mentioned driver, I vote "Moneybags" for driver. With barely a year of TT experience under his belt, and 4 years total of desert racing experience, this goonba won it all at V2R over the top modern era drivers. If anyone can chime in with another driver who over-alled a BITD or SCORE event in such a short lived career, now's the time.
I remember he had a team mate…

Steve_Sourapas

RDC Crypto
Website
stevesourapas.com
All the top trucks you can win with. I have driven or raced most of them and they all have pluses and minuses. In the last 24 months the cost of racing one of these things has just gone off the chart as people continue to push the limits of power which in turn breaks stuff or reduces the parts usable life. Still love my Geiser # 6 as it may not be the fastest anymore but it always gets to the finish line and doesn't break the bank doing so. Excited to get our Herbst 6100 in a couple of months who knows maybe one day we will put a big motor in that one.

Chas Moore

RDC Crypto
Website
battlebornoffroad.net
Yup, JRI. Never saw a set in person. Fox now has some active stuff for golfcarts. How long till they supersize it?

Fox has been testing active suspension systems on TTs since 2014. Lofton runs it.

that BMX dude

RDC Crypto
Every couple of years, there is one of these threads. So who makes the best truck today?

Geiser has clearly been the most successful shop. But are they still the top choice?

Jimco? Mason? ID? Camburg? Smith/Herbst? Racer Engineering? Jefferies? Brenthel?
I am going to have t go with mason just because all of he hype all around them now with the awd trucks. But there is nothing wrong with a good reliable 2wd trucks geiser and smith/herbst make great trucks and and I believe it comes down to preference.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
All the top trucks you can win with. I have driven or raced most of them and they all have pluses and minuses. In the last 24 months the cost of racing one of these things has just gone off the chart as people continue to push the limits of power which in turn breaks stuff or reduces the parts usable life. Still love my Geiser # 6 as it may not be the fastest anymore but it always gets to the finish line and doesn't break the bank doing so. Excited to get our Herbst 6100 in a couple of months who knows maybe one day we will put a big motor in that one.

oh great the Sourapas are going to be racing 6100 in a new Herbst truck. Wonderful 😂

Mike

that BMX dude

RDC Crypto
I just want to see rob mac in a awd tt
Yes that would be very interesting but he has such great driving ability I'm not sure if he needs the assistance of AWD. I talked to him at a Lucas oil event and asked him why he hasn't gotten an AWD truck and he said that he was going to let the other drivers work out the kinks of the AWD trucks first.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Yes that would be very interesting but he has such great driving ability I'm not sure if he needs the assistance of AWD. I talked to him at a Lucas oil event and asked him why he hasn't gotten an AWD truck and he said that he was going to let the other drivers work out the kinks of the AWD trucks first.
Hes driving a AWD TT at the 1000 this year. :cool:

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Voss Jimco, BJ’s ID, Luke’s Racer, and Menzies Geiser I know for sure we’re all heavily modified from original or at the very least had some front geometry changes. Now that BJ is having ID work on the truck again the front end may have been changed back to “stock.” Both Menzies Geiser and and BJ’s ID had larger fuel cells installed to bump the range up to around 300 miles. They each can race Parker on only 1 fuel stop. I haven’t heard of any heavy mods going on the AWD Masons but Andy mentioned just last week they’ve found some issues in the truck they feel they’re compromised with.

You may have the top of the line equipment from any of the builders but in reality 10-30 of your competitors have the exact same equipment. If you’re not at least trying little things to set yourself apart and get an advantage then you’re really not trying that hard to win.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Voss got out of his Jimco a few seasons ago and had their own design till the big wreck last year, dont know what their plans are for a replacement.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Voss got out of his Jimco a few seasons ago and had their own design till the big wreck last year, dont know what their plans are for a replacement.
Yeah I was just saying during the time they were racing the Jimco. But you help make my point about trying different things to get a leg up on the competition. Instead of buying a new cookie cutter truck they decided to develop their own platform.

sand shark

RDC Crypto

Don't forget he one the Baja 1000 in the utv class in 2014.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Well after the 400 yesterday, I guess you still cant count the old Gieser out. 3rd overall right behind 2 brand new Mason AWDs. Might have been a win if Rob didnt get held up by Robby blocking the course.