Who makes the best TT today?

bdubs50

RDC Crypto
All the top trucks you can win with. I have driven or raced most of them and they all have pluses and minuses. In the last 24 months the cost of racing one of these things has just gone off the chart as people continue to push the limits of power which in turn breaks stuff or reduces the parts usable life. Still love my Geiser # 6 as it may not be the fastest anymore but it always gets to the finish line and doesn't break the bank doing so. Excited to get our Herbst 6100 in a couple of months who knows maybe one day we will put a big motor in that one.

@Steve_Sourapas would you consider the Geiser 2wd still the "Best Bang for Your Buck" today?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
How about those TSCO 6100's

If I was rich and was going to by a new truck I think it would be a TSCO. They are amazing and so well built.

When I was doing the most winning 6100 spreadsheet the TSCO had great finishes with very few entries compared to the other brands.

I don’t think Herbst would sell me a
Truck anyway. So TSCO it is. Geiser is a very close second.

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Mason has thrown together a few winning 6100s, the Beerman kids did pretty well in one, well 2 of them. Just as the Geiser 6100s with RPM, Johnny Angal and some others have done.

SMS81

RDC Crypto
Best 6100, without a doubt, Herbst. Masons look like the new premier TT but give them a little more time to surpass the Geiser!

Steve_Sourapas

RDC Crypto
Website
stevesourapas.com
@Steve_Sourapas would you consider the Geiser 2wd still the "Best Bang for Your Buck" today?
Yes but it all depends on what your goals are. Today the biggest issue with 2WD trucks is what are you running for power. The trucks with big blocks or Gibbs package seems to be somewhat competitive. Realistically you are going to have a tough time breaking into the top 5 in the bigger events against the AWD if they stay alive. I remember seeing a sign at Don Hatz VW Racing engines back in the day that said, Speed cost money how fast do you want to go. Some people have lots of money and want to go really fast.

bdubs50

RDC Crypto
@Steve_Sourapas It’s interesting to think it was only a decade ago you’d still be labeled crazy to throw in a big block. It didn’t make sense then as it was still unproven/unknown whether the drivetrain would live. The underdrive and 10” gears helped get there. I think Jesse James was the first big block geiser.

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I would think for a builder to make a TT they better be working on a AWD. Or we will just have all Mason TT’s behind built. Love Mason but they can only build so many trucks and it would be nice for them to have some competition.

The reality is all the top builders are making crazy well built trucks. But only TSCO has made the best intro to a race video ever. That’s why they get my vote. John Vance is my new hero after that.

Mike

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
So are all the tt builders developing a AWD truck now? Ive heard of a few but haven’t seen much evidence.
A few have made them already Geiser, Racer, Jimco is working on theirs.

I am wondering if Geiser is working on a second version.

Does anyone know if TSCO has one in the pipeline?

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
The jimco looks promising. Herbst smith has messed with awd for so long I’m surprised they don’t have a better platform. Their 6100 is a bad bitch though.
Herbst is still building 2wd TT's (same platform as their 6100). Ryan Arciero won V2R last month with a brand new one straight out of the box

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
We have 12 methods total for the race car prior to contacting Method about any sort of help. When I did reach out I got a very automated response both times two times in a row. “You must buy 8 race wheels of the same SKU# to be eligible for our program”. Well we’ve already done that and I’ve explained that. We’d like to purchase more wheels for our race car and chase trucks. Never heard anything back.

Also looking at the contingency payout schedule they skipped from Class 1 to the Pro UTV class. They don’t want to support us or class 10, so we won’t beg, but we’ll most likely take our business to Raceline where I’ve heard they have real people who will take the time to speak with you and maintain a relationship. I’m sure the product is equal if not superior.

Yet Thompson had to buy a Mason to get into a AWD for concrete after Herbst/Smith declined to build one for him.
Assuming you were referring to them testing with Mason this week??? They installed the Masomatic sequential trans into one of Concrete's Herbst/Smith trucks

Note - i have zero knowledge if Concrete has 1 or more Mason trucks on order