Who misses ROR?

Joser1726

RDC Crypto
i remember the good o'l days when it just started and we used to hang out behind farmer boys in Riverside, when Dan was the man and was launching his famed ranger at super heights lol.... how about at the ROR, good fun, cheap and great place to race for the day and then drive home. so who has any good memories from those day?

Ill start, mine was when i actually got second in Dirt wars 04... i remember i was broke after buying some parts for the motor to be able to race and with the winnings i was able to go Kellys bar and get drunk lol thanks ROR

i borrowed this video from Rob-o.... thanks!
2004 ROR Dirt Wars Video by Rob-O - MySpace Video

Last edited:

Cadwell

RDC Crypto
ROR was the first offroad event I went to when I started getting into this sport!!

Pit Girl

RDC Crypto
Great times @ ROR!!! We race buggy and even my father in law @ age 62 race there too! AWSOME TIMES!!!!!
Greg and Jen did a great job! I can't wait for Glen Helen. I think it will be like old days of racing!

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
RDC Crypto
After the 1st jump champs.....
that were held at my home...
I was at every ROR event...
great times...
I still miss those days...

ALEX

RDC Crypto
I miss "ol' Drippy" aka The water truck, as well as the racing. I think I got the front wheels off the ground once in that poor thing, but I could do a lap in one load ;)

roostthemoon

RDC Crypto
I wasnt in the sport at the time, but watching all the vids and hearing the good things for the ppl that were around, makes me miss it alot.

Greg

RDC Crypto
Website
prerunners.com
The track is still there. Could be ready to race on in one day of prep. We left on very good terms with the city. All it needs is someone with a LOT of time and determination...and about $10-15k to run an event. As small as the place was, it never lost money (didnt make much either though) and the last season we did no advertising...place was at max capacity every event...even when the weather sucked. Talk about dedicated fans and competitors. ROR was a special place...great spectators, great volunteers, great races and racers. It was a bit of a dive, but it was built from my savings and many, many hours of sweat, we didnt owe anyone anything. The goal was to build a place to race, not to impress anyone. We were fortunate enough to get many Pro drivers out there, at a time when they were not running on the west coast at all, and that was good for people to see these trucks run. We were also lucky enough to get many first-time racers out there. I have so many good memories and friendships that came from ROR. I miss the good times, but I dont miss the stress.

Joser1726

RDC Crypto
thanks for posting Greg, all i know is i had a lot of fun there and thanks for all your and your crews hard work to make the events happen.....

Vtr_Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.socalmotocross.com
LMAO, I remember "The General". Fish posting the crazy stuff he was doing with that old car when he first started on RDC. Basically seeing how far they could jump that thing......:eek:

gary

RDC Crypto
my pops got to take a lap with belden at one of the events. i never even made it on the track! lots of fun times, for sure...

RDC Crypto
Great videos of "the good old days." So is the General no burried in Arlington? Haha!
I know ROR is no more but, I have made my way over to the course and did a hot lap.>>>

glamisrnr

RDC Crypto
ROR was also my first off road event, it was awesome to see everyone there using their street driven trucks, I have some pics from 2005 (I think) I will have to dig them up and post them sometime in here. I only got to go once but it was really cool. Alot of awesome people and cool trucks.