Who paints your glass?

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
We're looking for someone to paint some of the 'glass on our Pro-Lite. In the past we've had a full wrap, but it's no longer in the budget! We just need to have some color splashed on white panels to match the yellow gel-coat on the rest of the body. Any recomendations will be appreciated!

hoeker

Reaction
We're looking for someone to paint some of the 'glass on our Pro-Lite. In the past we've had a full wrap, but it's no longer in the budget! We just need to have some color splashed on white panels to match the yellow gel-coat on the rest of the body. Any recomendations will be appreciated!
its cheaper to get new bodies.

prolite#7

Reaction
we paint our own bodys for less than $50 thats right $50 bucks for all of the panels and hood ,go to home depo buy rustoleum[ paint for metal ,buy a cheap spray gun at harbor freight and a little paint thinner. very easy. save a lot of money I was paying around $500 for a painted body that may not last 3 laps /SIZE]

Attachments

VERN391

Reaction
Amen to that, its getting rocks thrown at it anyways the quality isn't too important depending on decal placement do it your self and use the $$$$ you save for tow rig gas. JMHO

Vern

07FJRog

Reaction
Will the stickers stick to the glass without paint?
If so,My truck will be just plain ole white.
yes just clean the area with isopropyl alcohol first.

ProLite13

Reaction
we paint our own bodys for less than $50 thats right $50 bucks for all of the panels and hood ,go to home depo buy rustoleum[ paint for metal ,buy a cheap spray gun at harbor freight and a little paint thinner. very easy. save a lot of money I was paying around $500 for a painted body that may not last 3 laps /SIZE]

We have been repairing our glass lately as well cheap..cheap..:eek:

DP13

MeFirst

Reaction
We have been repairing our glass lately as well cheap..cheap..:eek:

DP13
No shame in that. I think it's more rewarding when you have to substitute hard work and ingenuity for $$$.

It's funny when the kids come by asking if they can have a door or quarter panel. Who do they think we are? Carl Renezeder?

You should have seen a group of them trying to tear apart a fender that was trashed. Like piranhas on a piece of meat.

prolite#7

Reaction
I fix and repair every body if its repairable I will fix it , dam Ive become a expert in remolding ,reshapeing, repainting FIBERGLASS bodies,,, has anyone seen my front grill from the speedworld:eek: race??

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
Brian, I order my glass gel coated two tone red and black and then a simple decal over the split line. Would not even want to consider the hassle and expense of painting. (Anthony just likes the smell of rustoleum).
Rob

hoeker

Reaction
Brian, I order my glass gel coated two tone red and black and then a simple decal over the split line. Would not even want to consider the hassle and expense of painting. (Anthony just likes the smell of rustoleum).
Rob
x2

i also repair my glass any time it cracks, but its not worth painting them, i have some good bodies that i'd still race except they were painted skyjacker red over superlift yellow when i switched 4 years ago. the yellow showed through in about 3 races!

believe it or not my venom body is the same as my skyjacker body from last year.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Thanks for the leads...

On a side note,

I do understand the difficulty in painting bodies. I just want to match in a white bedside to an otherwise yellow gell-coated body. I agree that it isn't much more money to buy a new bedside, but there aren't any yellow Tacoma bedsides floating around my area!!! Bruce only leaves white bodies out here at Johnny's! Seeing as we haven't been racing this season so far, I haven't made plans for any yellow body parts to put on the truck. The only reason I want to even match in this one bedside is to take some pictures of the truck so we can try and put a new portfolio together for Brent... The rest of the body is in pretty good shape, and all one color (yellow).