Who Should I Use? Trans Help

richard cretsinger

Reaction
i have a v8 ranger that i race in BORE and just lost my transmission last saturday. i run a 347 stroker and a c4 short tail shaft trans. (bolt on yoke) ive heard that culhanes, rde and mogi are really good but i want to know what you guys think. i live in salt lake city, so these guys are not known up hear and i dont know who is the better transmission builder to go with. any info is good, even if theres somebody else that you recommend.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
i have a v8 ranger that i race in BORE and just lost my transmission last saturday. i run a 347 stroker and a c4 short tail shaft trans. (bolt on yoke) ive heard that culhanes, rde and mogi are really good but i want to know what you guys think. i live in salt lake city, so these guys are not known up hear and i dont know who is the better transmission builder to go with. any info is good, even if theres somebody else that you recommend.

Culhane is bar far my first choice... I have have nothing but great things to say about Steve... He also has some really trick parts for the C4 and he is the only guy with these parts.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Culhane as JZ suggests and Mogi pretty much own the desert racing transmission industry. If you want it to last...you are going to pay for it. Either of the two are great choices.

Brutpwr

Reaction
We use Mogi...no reason to chance as we love how reliable every transmission/torque converter he have gotten from him has been. We have friends that have used Steve Culhane and have gotten great service from him but I believe they liked our trans a whole lot when we loaned it to them when our truck was out of commission last year at a Chula Vista race and theirs failed. I believe they may even be running a Mogi trans now so maybe they will chime in here as I don't know the details for sure... This was a C6 so not really the same as a C4 but it is still a valid referal...

Jason :)

johnnyweb

Reaction
Website
johnnyscustomautobody.com
ill put my 2 cents in for steve culhane i have been more then happy with his trannys. we ran c4 in our ranger and alot of other teams use him and all is good.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Website
johnnyscustomautobody.com
We use Mogi...no reason to chance as we love how reliable every transmission/torque converter he have gotten from him has been. We have friends that have used Steve Culhane and have gotten great service from him but I believe they liked our trans a whole lot when we loaned it to them when our truck was out of commission last year at a Chula Vista race and theirs failed. I believe they may even be running a Mogi trans now so maybe they will chime in here as I don't know the details for sure... This was a C6 so not really the same as a C4 but it is still a valid referal...

they man i see you are from san jose. what truck do you race and with what promoter? i don't see to many nor cal guys on here.

Brutpwr

Reaction
I'm crew chief for my buddy Lance's older CORR Pro 2 truck. The motor blew last race of 06 and Lance has not had sufficient funds or time to rebuild the engine since he went back to work for himself and just got married lol! We want to get back to racing the truck bad though now that the wedding is done lol!