On Topic Who to get Mexican insurance with for the Baja 1000 ?

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
ok guys i have heard a lot about Baja bound but I also found a few other places to get my insurance..

Mexican Auto Insurance

Mexican Auto, Truck, SUV and Van Insurance - Baja Bound Mexican Insurance Services

I have check the quotes of both sites but it looks like the offer the same companies ACE and HDI

so which company its easier to use/ deal with? ACE or HDI

I never actually get insurance when I go down but since this yr is all the way down to La Paz, the roads will be a lot more crowded and dangerous than usual..

if any body has another site where to get MX insurance (even so there's only 2 companies apparently) post up the link and thank guys in advance.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Are you just getting insurance to drive in Mexico ? There are a ton of places to get that I was told if you only have liability here ,some companies that is all you can get there also. As for never having ins but only cause it is a pen run. That is COMPLETELY crazy. You should always have it. I been told two things for sure in Mexico. No guns and have insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

mikerd400

Reaction
I go through Baja Bound. I used HDI Seguros. This last time, I rolled me prerunner. Solo, no other vehicles. Mine was fairly straightforward, but still took the insurance a couple of months. I owned my prerunner, no lien holder. I've heard from other that had a lien holder, it takes a few months.

Baja Fool

Reaction
I've used ADA VIS Global out of Temecula, Cal. for over 10 years. Great pricing, great service. My truck got hit by a bus near Santo Tomas, so I've used it. Highly recommend.

TecateRay

Reaction
I go through Baja Bound. I used HDI Seguros. This last time, I rolled me prerunner. Solo, no other vehicles. Mine was fairly straightforward, but still took the insurance a couple of months. I owned my prerunner, no lien holder. I've heard from other that had a lien holder, it takes a few months.
Any of them are fine if you don't have an accident or theft or a fire, etc. I can personally say that Bajabound went to bat for me when I crashed my truck in Baja. They worked with the Mexican insurance companies and the US adjusters for the Mexican Companies to get me the best resolution for my problems.
PM me if you want details.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
I've used ADA VIS Global out of Temecula, Cal. for over 10 years. Great pricing, great service. My truck got hit by a bus near Santo Tomas, so I've used it. Highly recommend.
link and info for them..

I most of the time don't use it for the fact that I have family in Mxli and we can take care of everything on the north side of the peninsula but on the south side its a lot of distance to travel to work something out. that's why im getting insurance..

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
Baja Bound. Great service, friendly helpful people, apply online, pay, then print out the policy. Since they already know what I drive, my address, etc., I just fill in dates and I'm done. How easy is that?

juanmoretime

Reaction
I've used Bernies in rosarito but now use My Baja Ins (out in front of the rosarito beach hotel)

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
it looks like the most of them just use the same companied HDI or ACE. I spoke with BB and already have a quote, ill probably rent a car in SD with the companies that allow the car to be driven into MX.

Robin Hood

Reaction
MotorMexico.com

They have at least 4 or 5 companies to choose from and you can read up on the details of the coverage. Quote and purchase online.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Most people I know use Baja Bound and JCR/Honda and the DA along with all our buds are on the same program.

I had to activate it one time in the last 5 years and although to was a bummer to have a car get hit we were treated great by Ace and the BBI peeps.

Disclaimer: Yes they sponsor the DA but they are the best. I also have respect for others like Instant 1 who is the safety director at SCORE and Fred's Baja Mex Ins but we love us some Baja Bound Insurance.

Jshultz

Reaction
They are the best to deal with BAJA BOUND for the win!

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Be like Fletch, get Baja Bound www.bajabound.com

Back in the day of crummy insurance coverage service we had a TERRIBLE experience with another big-name popular company, 8+ aweful months not willing to take the low-ball offer for our F350 that went missing. Dealing with employees of a company who don't care about your situation sucks. To them you're just a case number.

BBI is at every SCORE race, surf contest, bicycle ride/race, and more. They support our sports and they're SO easy to deal with.

Years back I personally paid for some Baja racers BBI coverage. That didn't last long as BBI said "stop paying, we'll sponsor JCR Honda".
Solid.

GBRACER

Reaction
BAJA BOUND for sure look after us all the time no problems.!!!