• Forum membership has its advantages....

Who was it?

Chris

I saw a really nice explorer on Harbor in Fountain Valley yesterday, it was white with camburger stickers on the rear windows and Lucas engineering or something like that on the doors, I was staring at it because it was so awesome. I think the guy thought I was vibing him. Anyway it looked like he was running a coilover and a double bypass up front and bilstiens on the rear. If you're reading this post dude that thing is way nice!! My girlfriend was with me and she couldn't understand why it was so impressive to me, oh well. How many of you guys have significant others that are into offroad racing? And did they come from the factory with that option or did you have to work on them until they were as stoked on desert racing and trucks as you are?

sirhk100

That's the guy that works at Camburg. That thing is SICK!! There's some fab picks of it on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.camburg.com>www.camburg.com</A> I think his name is Jason but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
That is Jason @ camburg. He built it @ Camburg. And IS the Fab end of Camburg. And I might add, one hell of a guy and if you ever get a chance to talk to him you will agree. Non of the "I'm a bitchen fab guy" attitude. The work you see on his truck is what you get if you have them do work for you on your own vehicle. In my opinion, the BEST "to the public" fab shop around.

<font color=red>Rally Expert<font color=red>

Junior

Dude, my wife came that way. All it took was a couple trips to the dunes followed by an afternoon at Laughlin contingency and she was hooked. The only drawback is that she wants to go to all the races. That's cool I guess but a guy has to bond once in a while with his Bro's. Its not a problem in my crib however..........I'm runnin' I failed spelling at my house!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Chris

Sorry sir I'm not buyin it about who runs the house. That's cool that your lady is into it though. My brother and I just bought a race truck and my girlfriend is pretty pissed. She thinks its way to dangerous. Once she goes to a race though I think she'll see what we see in it. I hope!!

dezertchick

Pissed about buying a race truck? That sucks she feels that way. Show her some racing videos maybe that will help. Show her that racing is safer than driving her car to the store. Show her that the off road community is a damn good one to be involved in.... Once its in the blood, you cant escape it. Good luck :)

DougM

Mine came from the factory w/o an off road racing option..the wife cant understand why I watch my race videos OVER AND OVER, when its sunny outside, and theres work to do on the house etc.. or why I want to go stand in 100* weather and watch cars go buy all day..

Its fine by me it gives me a reason to do the "guys thing" at the races and just hang with the bros..keeps everything somewhat healthy.

she does her thing and I do mine..

sirhk100

Doug,
Is that your Ex in under your name? If so, where do you live, I want to check out that thing!!!!!

frankh

It could be worse, she could love it then you have to get a truck for her, then you got to take her racing. then you have to hear it from her when she is doing better than you. but it is all fun.

scott

Totally Agree there. Jerry told me after they change the axles on the front-end, he said it should get 20" of wheel travel, as a 4x.... I wonder if its useable or without the limitations???? I never asked him @ contigency in Primm...

kurt

The wife?! Mine is from Chicago and thought 4wd was for getting around in the snow. Took her to the desert and she liked it, took her to the sand and she loved it! Then - I made the biggest mistake ever and taught her how to use a clutch (she was always automatic trans), it has gotten real expense since then!! She understands my passion for the dirt and is supportive of the racing side of things but she really loves the sand ("no dust") so we compromise and do both ( oh dang!).
BUT - like Junior I run s**t at my house - run errands, run around doing the honey-do list, run around picking up the kids, etc. - but hey I'm not complaining!!! See ya in the dez!

PLS

Not only do our women support our racing, they are a big part of it. At V2R, they will be driving the chase truck and meeting us at the pits where we will be fueling and doing changes. Without them, it would be a lot more difficult to do what we love.

Pete- BOYD RACING

Chris

I hear that. My brothers girlfriend and mine are going to be driving two of our three chase trucks, so they are the backbone of our support team (yikes). Without them this thing is gonna be impossible. I told her that there is a reason this fabrication stuff cost so much. There is a lot of time and consideration that goes into the designs that the various reputable shops use when they design a cage or any other saftey device on a race vehicle. I think once she goes to a race and has to change a tire as we come blastin into the pit she's gonna get hooked like I did the first time I went to a race. The excitement will get to her and since she is participating in a team effort I think she'll have a good time. Either that or she's gonna kick my butt from barstow all the way home.

Junior

You got it Kurt! When I said I'm runnin' I failed spelling at my house I meant runnin' the mower, the weed eater etc! LOL!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

rdc

Back on the original subject of this thread.......

rdc

......here is another shot.

rdc

....and one LAST pic.

Waldo

Safehouse
That is soooo sick! I wish I had half his talent!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~