• Forum membership has its advantages....

Who will win the 2013 Baja 1000?

erniemtz

Dont forget AGM Armin is a great driver and maybe have the best tecnique, also Juan Carlos Lopez PIN is super motivated, for me the win o/a comes to Mexico or go to Germany....

mgobaja

From what has come back after people have prerun, I have a hard time seeing how somebody who solo's this race will have a shot at a overall, let alone a class win, unless they are the only entry in that class.

deano

McDeano
^^^ Yes, from the feedback of the 'pre-running' and how long it has been taking just to get thru multiple sections, the winner of the Baja 1000 will be the team that has the best reliable equipment, the one who has the smartest driver(s) and whose chase crews that use their brain's and not their right foot on the crowded highways ..... Good luck to all and 'be safe' .....

PAB

40's rock!
From what has come back after people have prerun, I have a hard time seeing how somebody who solo's this race will have a shot at a overall, let alone a class win, unless they are the only entry in that class.
I agree with this... maybe if you had a perfect day and never got out of the tuck but still based on what I've seen a two driver race is better than one in TT and 1.

After the intense focus the first mountain pass will take and the the coastal silt beds someone will get tired before they battle up to Mikes let alone the intense 20 miles into Camalu.

Also will be tough to focus on 900 miles of pre running with it all so spread out, not easy graded roads like the peninsula runs (for the most part)

PAB

40's rock!
There are realisticly 12-15 teams tops that put in the pre run effort, have solid logistics and have good equiptment..... I'm sure easy to name the teams but then add in no mistakes and some good old fashion luck and you could pick a donzen maybes... that same 12-15 have their issues at times as well.

JoeyD23

Pulling for AGM as well as PAB / DA. Wouldn't be shocked to see Rob and Andy dominate.

First off, good luck to you - this is the win you need and I would love to see you get!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on racing this type of course - long, tough and technical. Average speeds will be low and attrition will be high. Modern racers (TT's) are long-legged thoroughbreds built to run fast, not Hunter Jumpers, agile and nimble.

Simple question, is this the kind of Baja 1000 course you like to see?

There are realisticly 12-15 teams tops that put in the pre run effort, have solid logistics and have good equiptment..... I'm sure easy to name the teams but then add in no mistakes and some good old fashion luck and you could pick a donzen maybes... that same 12-15 have their issues at times as well.

Dezertpilot

Im rooting for RG but would be pretty darn stoked to see McMillin/Rob Mac.

PAB

40's rock!
First off, good luck to you - this is the win you need and I would love to see you get!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on racing this type of course - long, tough and technical. Average speeds will be low and attrition will be high. Modern racers (TT's) are long-legged thoroughbreds built to run fast, not Hunter Jumpers, agile and nimble.

Simple question, is this the kind of Baja 1000 course you like to see?
The tougher and more remote the more I think it plays to us. We pend so much time in Baja that we have a little bit of a "know where we are feeling" which I think helps cut down stress.

This one is going to be won by someone who is quick but not going crazy fast all the time. Mile 385 to 660 will be an interesting statement of our sport, I'm looking forward to it.

Had to do a transmission in the 4 seater so I had 1.5 days unscheduled at home and on our way back today. Actually Heidi is pre running in the 6 truck some which is kind of cool as she's(the truck) been sitting a while.

Everyone be safe

Nessy

Did Vanderway's build a new truck? Saw something about that on Curt's Instagram feed.
They do have a new truck and I'm pretty sure they are racing it. It is a monster and those 42's are huge and heavy! It will be interesting to see if they are an advantage or a truck breaker.

pdailey

Racer
The tougher and more remote the more I think it plays to us. We pend so much time in Baja that we have a little bit of a "know where we are feeling" which I think helps cut down stress.

This one is going to be won by someone who is quick but not going crazy fast all the time. Mile 385 to 660 will be an interesting statement of our sport, I'm looking forward to it.

Had to do a transmission in the 4 seater so I had 1.5 days unscheduled at home and on our way back today. Actually Heidi is pre running in the 6 truck some which is kind of cool as she's(the truck) been sitting a while.

Everyone be safe
Stoked to hear that Momma's truck is down there stretching her legs. Love that truck. Best of luck PAB and the DA. Would love to see you guys win.

mgobaja

Is there enough tight / technical miles to possibly see a class 1 car overall ? And maybe a 10 car in the top 10 ?

TecateRay

Hard to bet against the Double Mac team, well make that Mac and Mc , after all they have the Baja Fools doing 3 pits for them:cool:

az_amsoil

Modern racers (TT's) are long-legged thoroughbreds built to run fast, not Hunter Jumpers, agile and nimble.
AGM TT is built smaller, lighter than the "normal" truck. I like our chances as it does very good in the tight technical parts of the course...last year we went from 38th starting position to 7th on the road by San Felipe...Bryce/Jesse & Rob/Andy are going to be tough!

rubberdust

Lots of serious contenders to choose from, a FAR more demanding course than last years to run it solo. Will not be surprised at all to see Class 1 work into the mix for the overall. If they started based on qualifying times with the TT the odds would be much higher. My sleeper pick is the Wilson's

6.4twins

I think Robby is going to take it, he'll qualify in the top five. I have a question tho has Robby Pre-ran at all? With him in Vegas all week wonder if he had a chance to pre run

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today