whos car?

btshannon

Reaction
Can you post a bigger picture?

My own taste for the hops is very powerful, and I had no intention of spending a beerless weekend...

robert_encinas

Reaction
im pretty sure just score.
morley is the owner of meco, a concrete saw company. his son , mike used to have his own fab shop which was meco racing. they were in orange. they were the ones that used the mazda rotory engines. they had several cars in the 80's and early 90's ranging from 1-1600, 10 and class 1.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
meco runs two cars in Score i think, they stay infron of my houseat the Club de Pesca in San Felipe for the 250, they had two cars, one class twelve (the one in the picture) and a yellow class 10 if not mistaken.....

el tiburon

p.s. meco in spanish means sperm !!!!!

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Will H had his cars built by one of Morley's former fab guys, Derek Kreger. The shop used to be in AZ but I think Morley sold the concrete cutting saw business and he lives in CA somewhere. I think they ran the last MDR race. They have a 10 car with the cage painted red with white & green paint scheme. He like to build "different" types of cars, not your typical designs.

Steven

Reaction
On the Topic of 12 cars, i think that the "old" raceready car is the sweetest. I think the car was sold almost a year ago....does anybody know who owns it or when it will be raced again?

Mike_Cohen

Reaction
Steven,

Thanks for the kind words! There are several people that contributed to the success of our car. It was a Jimco chassis, but all of the fabrication mastery and aluminum work was done by Tom Bryant of Bryant's Performance Fabrication. He has been involved in off-road racing for years and has worked on special projects for Robby Gordon (TT and Indy Car), Roger Mears (TT and Pikes Peak), the Herzog's, as well as tinning several cars for Alumicraft and Jimco. He is a true artistic genius and made the construction of my car as much fun as it was to race it.

It is true, I sold the car after the Baja 1000 this past year. Starting a new business meant that I would not have enough time to race the car more than possibly twice this year. I loved that car too much to let it sit around in a shop so I sold it to Tom Watson and Tim Noe from the Imperial Valley.

After hundreds of test miles, they raced it last weekend at a Fud race and are planning on racing the 500. I have some racing plans with some other teams for some other races this year. Business is good, and we will be back next year with soemthing new and different.

Thanks again for your kind words. It's nice to see that people do notice the finer details.

Race on,
Michael Cohen

Racer X Motorsports, Inc
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.RacerXms.com>www.RacerXms.com</A>