Who's going to Glamis?

Bonzen

Reaction
Who\'s going to Glamis?

Yeah, who's heading out this week/weekend? Speak up guys and gals.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

sirhk100

Reaction
Re: Who\'s going to Glamis?

I'll be out there for the day on Sat. with the trucks. We're making the run over from Ocotillo for the day. Where are you guys camping?

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

tkr

Reaction

We'll be there Tuesday night through Saturday on pad 3 1/2. Anyone's welcome to come over for a beer.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

jeff

Reaction

I'll be heading out Thursday afternoon/evening and will stick around til' Sunday morning. And I think I've still got a seat in the Jeep if anyone needs a ride there or back.

Aloha

kurt

Reaction

Matt - I hope Gunner's already there saving your usual spot or else you've got little or no chance of getting it!! I have friends that went out last week to save their spots. Me being the anti-social type plan to be in the desert but not with the 200k of you guys at Glamis, have fun, be safe, bring back pictures!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction

I am going Wed morning till Sunday. Camping next to the Big Blue Whale!! and its 7 dwarfs ie jeeps. got a buggy, four to six bikes along with plenty of pipes! (i think you all can fiqure out what a pipe is.)

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

I am heading out wed night with Full Pull and Skyler.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

sweetdevil

Reaction

I'm not sure what night I'm heading out... There's two big groups that head out that I'm pretty close with. I don't really know if I want to camp with either of them... I'm so sick of this valley's drama! I just wanna kick back and have some beers without any ex-boyfriend's being around, not have to listen to any couples fighting over stupid BS, and not have to worry if my friends are trying to hit on me!!! It's Glamis for pete's sake! It's supposed to be fun! So if any of you guys like to just have fun and hang out, let me know where you're camping!

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

tkr

Reaction

Kurt - We've had our spot saved for the past two weeks....Helps to have a lot of retired friends.....
I'm kinda concerned about this weekend with the Comp closure and all. I think either all the idiots will be hanging around camp or killing eachother on the way to Olds. Either way is no bueno. I really hope this isn't the end of our Thanksgiving tradition...
Anyway, hope you guys have a fun and safe Thanksgiving also!

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

I think the closing of comp is gonna lead to the closing of Glamis with all the deaths and accidents with OLDs traffic. I am leaving early to get to Olds and staying late so I dont have to worry about all teh idiots.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

elcaprerunner

Reaction

I have a question, just in everyones opinion though. What is crazier: Copper Canyon at Havasu on Labor Day Weekend, or Comp Hill on ThanksGiving Weekend?

The reason I ask is I have never been to Glamis, thanks.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

I will be in Glamis from Thur night - Sunday with the Baja Shop crew....look for the 2 truggys :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

tkr

Reaction

Comp is definitely crazier. Maybe not quite as much "talent", but definitelty far more rowdy.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction

Comp just has more idiots that like to break other peoples stuff. Copper Canyon is just more of a big harmless drunken party.

See ya in the dirt!

jeff

Reaction

There is nothing to compare Comp on Thanksgiving weekend to. It makes the original Mad Max movie look like Mr. Rogers. It looks crazy from the sidelines but as you venture into the core it gets downright scary. Stupid people doing stupid things. You'll see some crackheads beating the crap out of each other or some idiot on fire and right next to this is a family just chilling with the wee-ones asleep. A true sight to behold. Copper Canyon and the Sand Bar at Havasu were precursors to the Glamis closures. Big weekend crowds = police shutdown.

Aloha

sweetdevil

Reaction

You don't realize how downright scary it is there... I've seen the crowds in person, and seen the chicks showing thier tits on video, but I never realized how bad that situation is. Halloween, we didnt' bring enough beer down, so I walked over to a truck and said I'd show my tits for four beers... it worked, and we were four beers happier... well, after we went through those, I went to another truck, and didn't realize I was so close to the mob... I ended up in the spotlights, and was mobbed by the crowd. I was pretty damn scared... I couldn't see any of my buddies and the crowd was getting bigger... I didn't know what the hell to do, one guy grabbed my tits so I threw what was left of my beer at him and just decked him. He was pretty much out cold... he stumbled back and his buddies helped him outta there... I went for the next guy and the crowd backed up, real quick... they were all cheering, and thought it was funny that I had just clobbered that guy. Luckily they backed off and I got the hell outta there, FAST... I will never expose anything more than my face at anywhere at Comp (or olds this weekend) again... It's a scary place to be, especially for a girl.

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

partybarge_pilot

Reaction

"or some idiot on fire" Hey, sometimes it happens to the best of us.... If your lucky no one well get it on film.......