Who's going to the jump contest?

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Who\'s going to the jump contest?

I'm towing out (just in case) Miles McGraws Black ranger to take the prerunner class for a second time.. :) who else is going and are you gonna jump??

everyone thinks they are superman when the camera is pointed at them...untill they land!!!

dcman008

Reaction
Re: Who\'s going to the jump contest?

I'll be there to watch the crazy ness.

live long 91 corica

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction

I think I'll be there...to spectate....but not to jump, I'm trying to sell my ranger...and I think it's worth a little more in one piece. see ya there. Jaron.

Dave_G

Reaction

It's at Rialto airport isn't it? If so, I'll be there. Well kind of..... working on my airplane in my hangar on the east end of the field. Maybe a flight or two for some Dez heads??

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction

im goin to watch but i wish i could afford to jump my truck cause if i could i would but next best thing is to watch the other guys have fun.

What was the distance of last years longest jump? what kinda truck?

Gregg

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Well guys the jumps are built, I just got back from my 3 day stay with Greg & Jen :) We worked all day Saturday and Sunday bulding them. There are 2 one is PERFECT for slightly modified trucks, and the other one, well its just BIG. There were a couple testers out there here are some video clips:

http://www.pencilart.com/gregjump2.wmv
http://www.pencilart.com/petejump2.wmv

There is a nice slightly downhill aproach and a pretty long landing stretch so you should have plenty of time to stop.

They just decieded to add a Sedan Class (Beaters) The General will be in that class and I need some competition so come on guys bring those beaters out!

If you need directions or any more info just check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.prerunners.com>www.prerunners.com</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

orvacian

Reaction

The small jump is not bad at all. It will not break your truck. EVERYONE needs to go and show their support if they want cool stuff like this to continue in the future!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction

How many more posts with, "I WOULD JUMP MY TRUCK BUT........" are there going to be? I say, BRING IT AND BREAK IT.

By the way....Tyson.......your GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction

I'll be there spectating this year.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

orvacian

Reaction

I jumped it three times, it was dark so I did not go real fast. The rear end of the truck did great, the front is still too soft. I will be revalving the front shocks again before the contest and mabye geting 300m torsions.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction

Ill be there...........watching, sniffle sniffle! I only can dream that my truck was set up to jump it! But watching other people is good enough for me, hehe! See you all there!!

" Hondas are like Tampons, Every Pu*sy has one!"

Tyson

Reaction

Here ya go Pat. . ."I would jump my truck but" I want Pat to win an event. LoL.

Hell no, I got a cage now and I'm ready to make my truck fly again - so bring it on!

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

Greg

Reaction

Some more things to point out: the entry fee to jump is $10 and you can win a little cash and you get intered into a great raffle, and you need to be a United Prerunners or SD Prerunners member (memberships are availible on site and are $15 for the year). The smaller jump is very smooth and noone should break landing from it. The bigger jump is built for trucks and buggies with good suspension. Most vehicles should be able to hit about 50 mph and the approach is very smooth. The landing is flat but the ground is very "loamy" and has a cushion to it. The rules are you have to be able to at least limp away from the landing, we dont want people just breaking thier trucks out there, and you CAN take off all your fiberglass if you want (pat!!). Our goal is to get as many participants as possible (hence the low entry fee and good prizes) and that should bring a big spectator turnout. If things go well, the door will be open for future events in Rialto. A side note: people must be on thier best behavior, as the cops are well aware of the event and will be monitoring the surrounding streets, noone needs tickets. Also, this is an airport, we cant have people wandering aimlessly around the venue. thanks for everyones support...greg

Greg

Tyson

Reaction

Sounds like this is going to be big, though my truck is going to look silly with no glass on it at all.

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Tyson if you want to beat Pat you better hit the big jump at full speed or something cause Pat is serious about you going down :)

Go Big Or Go Home

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction

The competition is heating up already! This is gonna be great!

See ya in the dirt!

Greg

Reaction

One more thing, we really do need everyone who has ever thought about jumping thier truck to do this!! It is going to take as many participants as possible to put on a good show. The smaller jump can be taken very slowly and it still gives a good feeling but wont hurt the truck. I will be calling every shop I know of in the next day to ask if they have or know someone who will jump. this is also a great place for shops to do some advertising and show what they are capable of building. Depending on the number of vehicles, everyone should get at least 3 jumps. We are lining up the trucks as they sign-in, so it will be different classes throughout the day. We will bring 10-15 trucks to staging at a time so the others can see the action up close, after those people jump the next 10-15 will stage, until everyone has jumped, then its starts back at #1. You can hit either jump as you wish, the distance will be measured from the lip of the jump to where your first tire hits the ground. We will have our regular wed. night chat and I'll be answering questions then to.

Greg