Whos goingto Primm?

DougM

Reaction
Just wondering if alot of folks from RDC site are heading to Primm in a few weeks for the race?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
The whole RDC staff will be there.. We should be around Tony Barrazas booth at Tech on Friday selling t-shirts and the high speed test area in the afternoon. We should all be wearing Caltrans orange RDC button up shirts so you cant miss us.

frankh

Reaction
Will be there. John we will be around the checkers pits just incase you are looking for ac for the blender

toddz

Reaction
I'll be there-helping the Ace Motorsports group.

Todd

singlehanded

Reaction
I will be there late friday night after work. Will be hanging out with friends from S&S Motorsports. 7s shootout should be some intense racing with so many trucks in the class and the big purse.. Good luck with your 7s S-10.

local

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Hey Doug, Racers only will be out there Friday morning setting up at tech to sell t-shirts and such. Come on by, we'll have the GD4 Seater ("Gawd damn 4 seater" as my wife likes to call it) on display. It's about 75% complete, picking up my King 2.5 bi-pass shocks from Brett so my suspension will be complete. Can't wait to smell that 115 octane fuel! L8TR

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
I will be there with my "lucky" draw of 1019.

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

sirhk100

Reaction
Okay, I've been off roading for the fun of it for the past 16 years but have never been to a score race. I've been to a few D38 Fud events but I could count them on my fingers. What's the inside scoop for going to one of these as a spectator? I'm going to cruise my Explorer out for the Primm race but is it worth bringing my YZ400 or golf cart. I was hoping to just head out and park it next to a jump or rough section with some friends and drink the day away cheering on for the racers. What's the best way to enjoy the race and see the action from the outside without getting run over or pissing anyone off?
Khris

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Unless you know some one with a race car( and will give you a pit pass) I would not go to Primm.

The BLM is all over the road to Gene you can't get past the copes to get to the pit on the side of the highway.

Last time I went they didn't even put up bleachers in the parking lot.

You had to stand 4 people deep at a 4 foot chain link fence.

This year I read there is no high speed testing.

I think there may still be a place to park out by the railroad tracks-- but don't go inside the fence.

You also can't stop on the freeway to watch the race

If you want to go to a good old time off road race---- keep going to the FUD races

Junior

Reaction
You know JUNIOR will be there! EJR Racing's Team M&R Protruck will be there trying to repeat last years podium finish in the Protruck division.

I agree, the Primm is no race for a spectator!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

sirhk100

Reaction
Well, that kinda Blows. I wanted to go watch all the rides I can't afford!! Oh well, either mount the paddle and head to the dunes or hit up trusty Ocotillo Wells and Superstition.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I'll be there pittin for DMS Class 7s. Saturday night is gonna be loose! Hopefully I can hook up one of those Margaritas everybody has been talking about

When in doubt, GAS IT!

RacnCPA

Reaction
I'll be there with Davis Motorsports for the Mini Metal Bash. Maybe instead of discouraging spectators letters and emails could be sent to SCORE to NAG them about the problem of little or no areas to view the race from. I've been going to desert races longer than most of you are old and the restrictions have NEVER stopped me from going to the races I enjoy. We used to be able to go just about anywhere for the old Parker 400 race, I watched that spectator area dwindle to virtually nil, but I still went. MAYBE this is where that getting involved in keeping our deserts open and keeping the BLM happy would enable the promoters to have more areas for spectating. Just a thought. I fully support our sport and hope the rest of you will continue to do so also. I guess after this post I'll be sending my two cents to Sal on your behalf. It NEVER hurts to try to change things for the better. Hope to see you out there!!

Sc

gary

Reaction
i'm going. there is a pretty good spot to view the race from, just east(?) of the goldstrike hotel in jean. blm guy told me about it last year. i don't know the name of the road, but it goes in towards vegas, behind the gas station in front of the gold strike. pretty fast/bumpy section, where you pretty much just pull off the road and hang out...lots of spectators there last year, and riviera truck got a fresh spare right in front of us...'twas kinda cool to watch.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I have to be in Vegas for a wedding at 6pm but I thought i would leave early and bounce around out there in the wifes Passat first, see you all out there.....

You must be Fast cuz I was HAULIN ASS when I passed you...

DMSRACE

Reaction
DMS will be there for the 7s shoot out! We can't wait to see everybody at the circle tree bar.

It's not a crash until you give up on it

Racer

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Sorry about all the negative stuff about Primm ---The CPA is right I should be grabbing to SAL---- After going to other SCORE races, I was very disappointed

when I went Primm.------------- "I just wanted to give this guy the straight story"

frankh

Reaction
I do not know where your site is , but I have seen a map of the course and except for the s/f almost all of the course is on the east side of the railroad track. Just for your info.

Jimmy8

Reaction
I'll be there along with my Pop's. We'll be cruising around on Friday at contingency, and where we will be at on Saturday is still TBD. Later