whos got the best rig or fix

chase for food

Reaction
whos got the best desert fix? we strapped a generator to the rear of the truck to keep the battery charged after the altenator went out at night during baja 500.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Welding all of your wrenches to the A arms to get a finish. Another good one is removing the Pushrods and plug wires on the affected cylinders to stop the smoke after burning down the motor on the Diablo Lakebed. Cutting a hole in the floor to pour ATF BY THE GALLON directly into the trans. AND MY PERSONAL FAVE IS finishing the 98 baja 500 driving the truck BACKWARDS with the codog doing the steering facing the rear of the truck with his feet hanging down the dash next to the drivers legs while the driver is running the throttle for the last 30 miles to the finish :cool::cool::cool:

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Cutting "breather windows" in the crushed header tubes to finish the last 150 miles of the 07 1K.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Cramming a stuffed animal into a cracked oil pan to stop the oil from pouring out.........We still got a dnf but it was worth a try.....

Now we carry Sham-Wow towels for this kinda problem..........Kidding........

PS. Nice try Ricky G. and Blue Bear!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Cramming a stuffed animal into a cracked oil pan to stop the oil from pouring out.........We still got a dnf but it was worth a try.....

Now we carry Sham-Wow towels for this kinda problem..........Kidding........

PS. Nice try Ricky G. and Blue Bear!
...and the best part was that it was a Donkey! :D

offroadracer516

Reaction
WAY back in the day i think it was at a parker 400 one year i was with my mom,my Dad and Jake from prep by Jake so were in our old motor home goin along and the throtle cable breaks we didnt have a spair and i dont know where we went when it broke but jake sat on the couch behind the driver seat with a tie down hooked to the throttle cable jake pulled on the tie down and away we went with my dad driving this really sticks in my mind to this day Jake the throttle man...it got us where we had to go even though i was to young to know where that is..

Zambo

Reaction
Wasn't there someone recently who's fuel pump went out so they took the fuel cell out of the back of the truck and strapped it on top of the engine cage to gravity feed?

baja619

Reaction
How about that CODE Class 1 TT with the Fuel Cell Rigged up on the nose of the truck. Anyone got that pic?

EDIT: Beat me to it
I believe it was because their rear section fell apart / broke away.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Wasn't there someone recently who's fuel pump went out so they took the fuel cell out of the back of the truck and strapped it on top of the engine cage to gravity feed?
Wow, it's pretty hard to top that. haha!
I bet the fuel economy was amazing.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Preran 500 miles at the 05 B1K with a Trash Bag and Duct Tape CV Boot. Had a spare boot but stripped one bolt on one inner and one outer CV bolt....and no grinder to grind one of them off. As we pulled back into Ensenada after 4 days of prerunning I noticed that the "Boot" had finally split. We never touched it after putting it on in San Felipe 3 days earlier.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Take and roll up a few "gunny sacks", (yep, the
ones you use for fishin)with a rubber band. You get stuck in
sand, mud, snow, etc. just fill em' up with whatever
yer stuck in and use them under yer tires to get out.
Don't take up much room & they're light.
AND, if you leave em', they're bio-degradable, make the
eco-nazis proud.

GMS739

Reaction
prerunning the baja 500 06 up in the pine forest broke accelerator cable and truck was a stick pulled my shoe lace off and ran it to the throttle and through the fire wall and finished my run to valle de trinedad it was a crazy run but was great.

JD Durfey

Reaction
We had a fuel pump go out once in a pick up truck. So we cut down some branches and made a stand on the front of the truck and braced it to the roof rack to hold a gallon jug that we had. We ran a hose down through the cowl and directly to the carb. Every 10 miles or so we had to stop and re-fill the jug by siphoning out of the fuel tank. It made for a long slow drive, but we got where we needed to go.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
At the Baja 500 in i think 04, Jimmy Beaver was racing TT in the old class 8. He was running top 5 when he broke the trailing arm 100 or less miles from the finish (10 years of pressure washing and steam cleaning finally caught up) so my my uncle took a bunch of come-a-longs and racheted the axle in at least 3 directions to hold it in place. they didnt finish due to time but they were moving pretty good...

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Friend of mine told me a story - Fuel pump went out so he rigged up the windshield washer tank with gas and rerouted to squirt in the carb... Need gas hit the wipers.... Got him home.

You all know him- GO WOODY