Who's In Oregon/West Idaho and would be interested in a BLM test area?

rampageman

RDC Crypto
I've been working with the Lake county BLM office to find a place to test at. They've been very receptive, are all for it and sent a map of open OHV area's that include complete off road. We flew it on Sunday and came up with a pretty decent size 152 mile perimeter that is mainly rock free. It's around Alkali lake, south of Wagontire along hwy 395. I just submitted the rough border for approval. Whatever is determined to be the final area will most likely turn into an official BLM off road site.
2021-11-23_19-41-23.png

ksmith

RDC Crypto
I've been working with the Lake county BLM office to find a place to test at. They've been very receptive, are all for it and sent a map of open OHV area's that include complete off road. We flew it on Sunday and came up with a pretty decent size 152 mile perimeter that is mainly rock free. It's around Alkali lake, south of Wagontire along hwy 395. I just submitted the rough border for approval. Whatever is determined to be the final area will most likely turn into an official BLM off road site. View attachment 234900
This is exciting! Nice work on this. We are in the Eugene area and are very interested in new OHV areas to test in Oregon. In the past our “go to” has been the Millican OHV area but it can get pretty busy with bikes and quads and you have a limited number miles of 2 track for cars/trucks. We are interested in whatever may come of this proposal. Testing our “new to us” Jimco class 1. Let me know if we can help in anyway.

Side note: I just saw in another thread you bought the J1 TT. Congrats that’s awesome! I was at Jimco the day after you picked it up and Robbie was laughing at the odds of two Oregon guys coming to his shop back to back.

misterktm

RDC Crypto
I'm very interested as well. Jeepspeed 4700 class (Pro-Truck). Live in Colton (estacada/sandy/molalla area) Also willing to help out, just let me know.

misterktm

RDC Crypto
There was a guy, or a group that was trying to do some races there, I don't think they ever happened. Maybe way back there was races there and this group was trying to revive the area and hold more events possibly...but the recent (like within last 10 years) effort never came to fruition to my knowledge. I believe they ultimately got shot down by the flower sniffers, bird watchers, sage brush huggers and rock relishers.

rampageman

RDC Crypto
This is exciting! Nice work on this. We are in the Eugene area and are very interested in new OHV areas to test in Oregon. In the past our “go to” has been the Millican OHV area but it can get pretty busy with bikes and quads and you have a limited number miles of 2 track for cars/trucks. We are interested in whatever may come of this proposal. Testing our “new to us” Jimco class 1. Let me know if we can help in anyway.

Side note: I just saw in another thread you bought the J1 TT. Congrats that’s awesome! I was at Jimco the day after you picked it up and Robbie was laughing at the odds of two Oregon guys coming to his shop back to back.
Shane from the Lakeview field office sent a map of current completely open for cross country areas, I had a plan to take a sxs out and try to figure out a plan, but a buddy volunteered his helicopter. Everything around Paisley that is open is filled with rock other than the few existing roads. From a little south of Alkali lake up to the Christmas Valley highway is alot of good ground. I sent the perimeter i came up with to Shane last night as well as possibilities for a staging area. He's a little slow getting back to me, but he's all about it. Text me your email address to 541-810-3101 and I'll send you the google earth file of the initial proposed boundary.

Haha, that's awesome, Robbie and the crew there are an outstanding bunch of people. Congrats on the Class one dude, Look forward to meeting up with you.

rampageman

RDC Crypto
I'm very interested as well. Jeepspeed 4700 class (Pro-Truck). Live in Colton (estacada/sandy/molalla area) Also willing to help out, just let me know.
Right on, awesome. I'm sure there will be some work to get things figured out. if you want it, text me your email to 541-810-3101 and I'll send you the intial boundary I came up with in earth.

rampageman

RDC Crypto
They used to hold races just south of there just out of Paisley, so there should be some routes that are already approved for OHV use.
It may have been since closed down to OHV, the only thing around Paisley that is open now is filled with rock, other than preexisting roads. Everything within the green boundaries with the exception of the islands is fully open to cross country off road.
2021-11-24_08-50-13.png

rampageman

RDC Crypto
There was a guy, or a group that was trying to do some races there, I don't think they ever happened. Maybe way back there was races there and this group was trying to revive the area and hold more events possibly...but the recent (like within last 10 years) effort never came to fruition to my knowledge. I believe they ultimately got shot down by the flower sniffers, bird watchers, sage brush huggers and rock relishers.
I talked with one of them last night, I guess the BLM salem office wanted 150k back then. So far, this is just being proposed as a test area, actual racing hasn't been discussed. I figured if and when the time comes that it would be better to address that after something is initially established. Getting an actual race going there would be for someone else as I have no experience or desire to herd those cats.

misterktm

RDC Crypto
Yeah, no kidding on herding the cats. I'm tyring to remember the guy that was spear heading that effort. He was from southern oregon and some kind of forensics scientist, like csi type thing I think. Bit more of a bike guy I think - he was helping Troy Vest trophy truck team, that's how I met him. I'll send my e-mail. Thanks for you efforts on this.

51rcr

RDC Crypto
find the old desert racers and dirt bike enduro racers out there. Used to be quite a few from that area back in the day. I have bumped into a few older enduro guys out there 20 years ago and they used to have some races. some soudned pretty good. Thought one was 300 miles. Iam sure its all closed up and locked down now days.

BlueCoyote

RDC Crypto
Website
www.nwoffroad.net
Good to see the possibility of additional places to go play. CODRA (Central Oregon Desert Racing Assn) used to have races in Millican Plateau, Millican south, Brothers and others. The CODRA name was acquired buy a group who tried to get an event out of Paisley. The BLM at the time was not very “cooperative”. However recently KoK (King of the Kastle) has gotten a multi year permit to run SxS races in Millican north area. The current BLM has been very positive to work with.

SmokinJoeM

RDC Crypto
Website
www.kingofthekastle.com
Good to see the possibility of additional places to go play. CODRA (Central Oregon Desert Racing Assn) used to have races in Millican Plateau, Millican south, Brothers and others. The CODRA name was acquired buy a group who tried to get an event out of Paisley. The BLM at the time was not very “cooperative”. However recently KoK (King of the Kastle) has gotten a multi year permit to run SxS races in Millican north area. The current BLM has been very positive to work with.
I am Joe with KoK and we are working on an extended course for a 200 mile SxS for the Rage in the Sage in October 2022, but we will be going 200 miles for sure and I am working hard with the BLM in Prineville and they are a pleasure to work with! I am trying to utilize all of the Shared Road SxS trails in the Millican OHV. Be a good Steward of the BLM land, first and foremost! I am lucky to own the 120 acre staging area, as this is a huge advantage, the BLM like this ALOT! Good luck on you adventure with the BLM, it is worth the effort! Joe M