• Forum membership has its advantages....

Who's racing The Kartek 400 in class 1400 ??

WFODAN

Who\'s racing The Kartek 400 in class 1400 ??

As you know The Katek 400 is next month on June 23rd . I am curious as to who will be racing in class 1400 ?? So far there are only two entries . Myself and Scott Spindola . I've seen lots of good looking and great working prerunners around So Cal , and many of them have said they are interested in running them in MDR's class 1400 . Well now is your time . The Kartek 400 is MDR's biggest race of the year . Lucerne is super fast and an awesome place to race . So far this year there haven't been many entries in the class , but you can change that . Bring your truck out and see what it can do in an actual race . If you ever wanted to race it , then this the race to do it in .

The rules for class 1400 are simple .

1. The truck must have current registration .

2. It must have working lights ( off road lights are ok )

3. It must have a roll cage

4. It must have a fuel cell

5. It must have current dated race harnesses ( four or five point .... Y belts are not allowed )

6. It must have window nets

7. It must have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit . ( extinguisher must have a gauge )

8. You must have a helmet with a snell rating and an SFI rated race suit

The entry fee for class 1400 is $360.00 with a payback to the the winner of roughly $100.00 per truck entered in the class . If you have ever wanted to race your truck , now is the time . I know that Klaus and Curtis will be out filming for their new video at the race also , so bring that thing out and see what it has in a race and you might even get on the video . Remeber it's all for fun anyways . I'll See you at the races .

Dan Vance

John Bitting

Administrator
Re: Who\'s racing The Kartek 400 in class 1400 ??

Dan is right. Race-Dezert will be out here taking Video for the site as well as 4-5 photographers taking pictures and whatever readers send us. Get some exposure, race that truck you spend all that time and money on...

WFODAN

If we can get some more entries , we might even try to put together some kind of side bet . Just a little more incentive to bring out that truck that everyone tells you is so bad !! Like I said if you've ever wanted to race your truck , then this is the race to do it in .

Dan Vance

RacnCPA

Well WFO I'd be right there with you, but mine's not done yet. But I still want that side bet with you after the races, LOL. GOOD LUCK and let's see all those cool prerunners out there racing!! Greg, Joe, and all the other IP's?????????

Sc

Jack

JEEPSPEED will be there, with at least 9 trucks.

PatrickG

Dan-
You should try and get david to take his toyota out and really test that suspension.
Patrick

kurt

Last year MDR had class 1400 (sportsman truck, running for trophies only) and had a great turnout at each race. This year they split the class - class 1400 running for money, class 1450 running for trophies only. Same rules for the trucks (as far as I know), just an extra 180 bucks (or so) entry fee to run "pro" for money - class 1450 still get's about 10 entries each race while 1400 get's only 2 or 3 - it would be great to see some of the faster Sportsman (class1450) step up. Also what is the difference between MDR's class 1200 and 1400? Maybe combine them to get a bigger turnout in class, just a thought.

WFODAN

Kurt ,

Last year MDR did have only one class for the 1400 sportsman trucks . The problem was that alot of the drivers didn't want to race their mostly stock trucks against the faster trucks . To solve the problem , MDR started the pro 1400 class . The entry fee is the same as the other pro classes ( $360.00 ) with the advantage of racing for money along with a trophy , rather than just the trophy that goes with class 1450 . I think it's a great idea because it also breaks up the class to let the slower trucks race against similar trucks to there own . The faster trucks now have their own class also . It seemed to make everyone happy . I also agree that the faster 1450 trucks should step up to the 1400 class . Right now the rules are the same for both classes . Basically you could run either class you prefer .
I myself decided to run the 1400 class to keep the 1450 class more competitive . I didn't think it was fair to run us together . This year my record is not so good with two DNFs , but this race should be different .
Class 1200 is MDRs stone stock class . Those trucks are supposed to be virtually stock . I think it would be a good idea to run them with the 1450 trucks . With the Jeep Speed trucks now running in the 1450 class , if you put them all together it would be a huge class .
I'll stick with the 1400 class for now . Hopefully soon more trucks will move up from 1450 to 1400 and increase the class . It is a great class and I hope it grows really big . Thanks for your comments and I'll see you at the races .

Dan Vance

fishd00d

What A Joke

Dan, me and Tony will be there also! I wish ya the best luck. I do not know much about MDR, whats this 1200 class? What are the requirments for this class? It sounds like something I might be interested in. If ya could give me some more info about it that would be great.

Thanks!

Go Big Or Go Home

jimpat

i read the class 1400 rules and as they are written, the class 8 blazer is legal in that class.
We have valid registration for it and as it is a 1968 it does not require smog check.
I feel that it would not be fair to the other racers if we did enter it.
Even though lots of people bad mouth the Blazer, it is not that slow and it would be poor
sportsmanship to ruin the rest of the class's good time by getting in the race.
I know the feeling, as when in class 6 the new generation SUV got involved.... Curt with the Jeep, the explorer of Swift, Evan's Blazer... the old 57 chev. was just too old to compete and there is nothing as disappointing as knowing that the best you can do is 4th... lost even before you start.
Jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

WFODAN

Hey Jim ,

Your Blazer is probably my favorite truck on the track . That thing is cool !! Hey man , if you want to come and race 1400 , I'd love to race with you . I see there aren't many class 8 trucks for you to race in MDR this year , so I say move on over to class 1400 . When I'm not racing I always watch for the Blazer on the track . I'd be stoked to go heads up with you at the Kartek 400 !! If you want to race in 1400, that's more than cool with me !! See you at the races .

Dan Vance

kurt

Jim - I agree with Dan, that Blazer is cool! 1st time I saw it up close was the 2000 MDR Ridgecrest race when I pitted next to you. 2nd time I saw it up close was during that race as I was flying (so I thought!) down the old asphalt road section at top speed, 70+ in my 5-1600, when I saw a blur pass by as thou I was standing still! - Also your great people, some of you ran over to help us pit without even being asked when they saw we were short handed, and Joe found and fixed a steering problem that allowed us to continue and finish and win in only our 2nd race ever (class 1300 - sporstman) Thanks.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -

We are bringing out a new truck that's going to be racing for the first time and I think it could hang with the other 1400 trucks, but since it's the first time out and we aren't in it for the points, no need to pay the extra money so we will be in 1450 for this race. Maybe next time..