Who's tired if paying for prep?

tltony

Reaction
This is not a classified ad, although I'll happily pay the $30 if the system would accept my ad after taking my money (in other words, this message is pre paid).

What I have to offer
5300 square foot fully equipped automotive facility including:
Tig welder
Mig welder
Lathe
Mill
Tube bender
Alignment/straitening racks
Hoists
20 ton press
Wheel balancers
Every imaginable hand tool
Scanners
Wide band O2 sensor (I love this thing)
Very capable pre-runner
Beater motorhome
Light duty chase truck (F150 Supercrew)

My Experience:
Began desert racing in 1970 (D37 on a 400 Husky)
Drag racing began in 1972
Constant off-road activities since 1970 including motorcycles, buggies and TT racing
Completed, prepped and drove Thing Motorsports TT
Won 2006 MDR Class 1 championship in above truck
Ground up construction of 12 or more hot rod/classic cars.
Ground up construction of long travel pre-runner
Ground up construction of long travel VW buggy
Oval track race driver/builder/tuner. Hold track record at Cajon speedway in a Factory Stock
Currently dirt track racing at Barona Speedway in Factory Stock division. Recent main event win in the Pure Stock division.
I ride my XR 600 dirt bike in Baja with a group of washed up desert racers every now and then.
And by the way, I’ve been in the automotive repair business since 1967 in most capacities, primarily as an owner and tech.

What I can do:
Engines
Shock building/tuning. I’ve been a suspension guy since 1967
Chassis
Differentials
Fabrication
Design
Machining
Paint and body, fiber glass/sheet metal rehab
Suspension/steering geometry, analysis, diagnosis and repair

Other contacts:
Wiring genius
Wholesale parts accounts

Here’s my Proposal:
I’ll take over full prep of your race car including engines, shocks, chassis, differentials, sheet metal, fiberglass repair, paint and most all else. You pay expenses: Parts, entries, fuel. The race car lives at my shop where I fuss over it pretty much full time.
We split the driving and the starts 50/50. I don’t need to co-drive if I’m not driving, but I will, in most cases, if you want.
You show up at my shop with the trailer and we go race. I pay for my own rooms, fuel and food. I am also an excellent camp cook and will be glad to take on that duty when the racing allows. I don’t crash cars (usually, I’ve crashed once in an off-road race) and know how drive them so that they live. I can help many people become a better driver when I co-drive with them. I don’t get flats (never had one in a race!! Whammy :).

Conditions:

I’ve raced with Frank Thing and his TT under pretty much the same arrangement recently. We’ve raced with inferior equipment against the big dogs and held our own very well. He’s been unable to race lately, for whatever reason. If he gives me the word, I’d probably have to go back with him (I love that guy).

If I’m going to do this I need a pretty free reign with the car setup and tuning.

In closing:

I just want to race. I’m a young 57 (photo on request ha ha) and don’t want to waste any more time waiting. I’ve been helping a couple of teams with pretty good success (watch the RFS Racing videos elsewhere on this site)

References available, names you’ll recognize.

Tony Cortes

www.truelinewheel.com

www.thingmotorsports.com

619-417-4224

Mxrider99

Reaction
You wont be waiting long for a ride.

Thats seriously one of the best offers out there....

Good luck man!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Bump for a capable dood!!!

Johnson954

Reaction
....you wanna race class 9?!!!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Awesome offer! I hope somebody with a great car/truck takes you up on this.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Thats a SWEEEEET offer. I'm just not too big on anyone driving my race car. Kinda like saying, "here, go sleep with my wife, just bring her back in one piece!"

tltony

Reaction
Thanks for all of the positive responses. I really had no idea how something like this would be recieved. I've gotten some calls and PM's, which is really encouraging. My thoughts are to give it a week and see what materializes. I'll be sending PM's where appropriate.

Again, thanks guys,
Tony

Travisfab

Reaction
Is it possible to get a hold of you these days. I called several times when I needed my rear end rebuilt and could not get through, nor did I get a return phone call.

tltony

Reaction
Is it possible to get a hold of you these days. I called several times when I needed my rear end rebuilt and could not get through, nor did I get a return phone call.
As above Cell 619-417-4224.

bajafoolin'

Reaction
I have ran around at the races with tony for a couple years and I can attest that everything he says is true. He is a straight shooter and a great guy. Definately an asset to any team. Good Luck.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Tony is a great guy. He has been helping us with Ramsey get our truck dialed in. Recommend him to anyone.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
If you have the time and a basic knowledge its better to do it yourself,so if something breaks yo only have one person to blame!!!!

tltony

Reaction
Thank you Bajafollin' (Joe), RFS Motorsports (Robert) and Shannon, I think. Also those of you who have PM'd or called. You guys are always a pleasure to work with. As you've all probably heard me say, I just love doing this stuff and will help most anyone, any way I can. I'm just looking for a team where I can have a more meaningful role.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
If our team did have such a good time prepping our truck (When things go according to schedule) I think we would use your service.
Pretty hard to beat! thumbs up to you my friend!

ProLite13

Reaction
Do you have the same interest for short course too or desert only deal?

DP:cool:

mccallumracing

Reaction
This is not a classified ad, although I'll happily pay the $30 if the system would accept my ad after taking my money (in other words, this message is pre paid).

What I have to offer
5300 square foot fully equipped automotive facility including:
Tig welder
Mig welder
Lathe
Mill
Tube bender
Alignment/straitening racks
Hoists
20 ton press
Wheel balancers
Every imaginable hand tool
Scanners
Wide band O2 sensor (I love this thing)
Very capable pre-runner
Beater motorhome
Light duty chase truck (F150 Supercrew)

My Experience:
Began desert racing in 1970 (D37 on a 400 Husky)
Drag racing began in 1972
Constant off-road activities since 1970 including motorcycles, buggies and TT racing
Completed, prepped and drove Thing Motorsports TT
Won 2006 MDR Class 1 championship in above truck
Ground up construction of 12 or more hot rod/classic cars.
Ground up construction of long travel pre-runner
Ground up construction of long travel VW buggy
Oval track race driver/builder/tuner. Hold track record at Cajon speedway in a Factory Stock
Currently dirt track racing at Barona Speedway in Factory Stock division. Recent main event win in the Pure Stock division.
I ride my XR 600 dirt bike in Baja with a group of washed up desert racers every now and then.
And by the way, I’ve been in the automotive repair business since 1967 in most capacities, primarily as an owner and tech.

What I can do:
Engines
Shock building/tuning. I’ve been a suspension guy since 1967
Chassis
Differentials
Fabrication
Design
Machining
Paint and body, fiber glass/sheet metal rehab
Suspension/steering geometry, analysis, diagnosis and repair

Other contacts:
Wiring genius
Wholesale parts accounts

Here’s my Proposal:
I’ll take over full prep of your race car including engines, shocks, chassis, differentials, sheet metal, fiberglass repair, paint and most all else. You pay expenses: Parts, entries, fuel. The race car lives at my shop where I fuss over it pretty much full time.
We split the driving and the starts 50/50. I don’t need to co-drive if I’m not driving, but I will, in most cases, if you want.
You show up at my shop with the trailer and we go race. I pay for my own rooms, fuel and food. I am also an excellent camp cook and will be glad to take on that duty when the racing allows. I don’t crash cars (usually, I’ve crashed once in an off-road race) and know how drive them so that they live. I can help many people become a better driver when I co-drive with them. I don’t get flats (never had one in a race!! Whammy :).

Conditions:

I’ve raced with Frank Thing and his TT under pretty much the same arrangement recently. We’ve raced with inferior equipment against the big dogs and held our own very well. He’s been unable to race lately, for whatever reason. If he gives me the word, I’d probably have to go back with him (I love that guy).

If I’m going to do this I need a pretty free reign with the car setup and tuning.

In closing:

I just want to race. I’m a young 57 (photo on request ha ha) and don’t want to waste any more time waiting. I’ve been helping a couple of teams with pretty good success (watch the RFS Racing videos elsewhere on this site)

References available, names you’ll recognize.

Tony Cortes

www.truelinewheel.com

www.thingmotorsports.com

619-417-4224
that is a great offer for for a lot of people, someone will end up taking you up on that for sure. what ever happened to "thing" motorsports class 1 truck, you guys used to race alot in plaster city/superstition. did you guys win the mdr north class 1 championship in 2006, just curious since we won the mdr superstition class 1 championship in 2006. good luck, and hope to see you guys bring the thing class 1 truck back out to the races.

tltony

Reaction

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Wondering if you are looking for a truck deal or would you be interested in a buggy ride?

tltony

Reaction
Do you have the same interest for short course too or desert only deal?

DP:cool:
Racings racing, and I'd certainly look at short course. I raced a season of Pony Stock at Cajon, so I'm fond of the high winding fours. I'm assuming that's what you race. I'm helping Kuipec Racing at VTR next week, so I'll be away from a computer from Tuesday till the following Monday. However my cell phone should work most of the time, so call the cell # 619-417-4224

Thanks
Tony