Who's With Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxPhPrerunner

Reaction
Who\'s With Us

I have a friend. A sweet 77 year old lady. She grew up in France. She was there during the German occupation in WW II. She was there when American soldiers freed France. If you ask her she will tell you she is an American. If you press her she will tell you she is from France. She sent me this joke that will tell you what this sweet little French lady thinks of France now.

Train Ride

The only seat available on the train from London to Paris was directly adjacent to a well dressed middle aged French woman and the seat was being used by her dog.

The weary traveler asked, "Ma'am, please move your dog. I need that seat."

The French woman looked down her nose at the American, sniffed, and said, "You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can't you see My little FiFi is using that seat, No?"

The American walked away, determined to find a place to rest, but after another trip down to the end of the train, found he again was facing the woman with the dog. Again he asked, "Please, lady. May I sit there? I'm very tired."

The French woman wrinkled her nose and snorted "You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also arrogant....Imagine!"

The American didn't say anything else; he leaned over, picked up the dog, tossed it out the window of the train, and sat down in the empty seat. The woman shrieked and railed, demanded that someone defend her honor and
chastise the American.

An Englishman sitting across the aisle spoke up indignantly "You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You eat
holding the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, Sir, you've thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

The media would have you believe that the whole world is against the US. I say look closely at the numbers. People don't protest when they agree with what is happening. It looks like there are more for us than against.

I don't live on the edge. I fell over long ago.

hoeker

Reaction
Re: Who\'s With Us

nice!!

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction

Stephan,

Your story was great right up to the commentary at the end. Let me repost some numbers:

(1) Of the countries that constitute "New Europe", which comprise a good majority of U.S. support, between 70-80 percent of Hungarians, Czechs and Poles are against the war in Iraq.

(2) Over 50% of Australian's (arguably our second biggest allie) are opposed to the war. In another long time allie, Turkey, 90% of the people oppose war.

(3) In a current survey 30% of Spanish (big allie), 27% of Russian's, 26% of Canadian's, 24% French, 23% of Italian's (allie) and 22 % ofJapanese current avoid buying U.S products.

Combine these numbers with the Arab population that opposes the war, factor in the Germans and the French and that adds up to a lot of people. What you fail to take into consideration is the fact that just because some nation has said that they support the U.S. (even though they don't give money, troops or aid) that does not mean the people support the war. It is the same situation here, the government supports the war, but not all Americans do (I know those damn traitors). If more of these nations support this war as you elude to, then why aren't they speaking out in support? I can answer that for you, because the politicians want to get re-elected and they know if they become vocal supporters of the war and go against the people of their country, then they won't.

The bottom line is that if other nations supported this war then we would have a coalition like the last Gulf War, but we don't so what does that tell you?

I anticipate a great response!

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

tedmales

Reaction

(1) Of the countries that constitute "New Europe", which comprise a good majority of U.S. support, between 70-80 percent of Hungarians, Czechs and Poles are against the war in Iraq.

(2) Over 50% of Australian's (arguably our second biggest allie) are opposed to the war. In another long time allie, Turkey, 90% of the people oppose war.

(3) In a current survey 30% of Spanish (big allie), 27% of Russian's, 26% of Canadian's, 24% French, 23% of Italian's (allie) and 22 % ofJapanese current avoid buying U.S products.

and who gives a damn what any of these people think? If it came down to " USA or Iraq" who would they side on. we all know. they would be waving flags and singing the star spangled banner

life is too short to be small

TxPhPrerunner

Reaction

In the countries you mentioned the anti-US/ anti-war sentiment, for the most part, lacks the strength of conviction. That was my point when I said look closely at the numbers. Very few people/countries care enough to actually oppose the war; even in the Arab world the convection is weak. Look at the thousands of Arabs going to Iraq to fight for Saddam, insignificant when compared to millions who are not. What of the Iraqi expatriates returning to Iraq with our troupes? We aren't even taking all that want to go we are turning some away. What I am saying is the opposite of the old saying "If your not for us your against us." I'm saying the war is already happening. If you don't care enough to try to stop it you are for it. Opposition without convection will melt in to acceptance after the favorable conclusion of the war and the establishment of a free Iraq. These things will happen, wait and see. It's human nature.

I don't live on the edge. I fell over long ago.

martininsocal

Reaction

Jr- You know as well as I do, when the war is over and we have won, the world will be with us, period. The true sign of a great leader si not whether he does what his constituency wants, but if he does what is right, period. Most of the time, the right choice is the hardest one to make. The rest of the world just doesn't have the stomach for war, it is harsh, dirty, and PEOPLE GET KILLED! It is all that we consider to be Un-Human. We strive so hard to leave our identities as animals behind, that we make believe that humans can't kill or fight to defend an idea. That is what the rest of the world is against, the fact that there is still a country willing to kick ass(any ass) to move an ideal forward. They all understand that this sets up the future and who will control it. While the rest of the world had the U.S. and Britain maintaining the spread of Communism while they didn't spend the big bucks on military, they were able to spend it on socail services and political buy outs. Now that Communism is history, they are left with weak militaries and a jealousy of that fact. They are not in a position to tell a country like Iraq how to live, so they hate any country that can. As for the French- When have they ever gone to war for the right reason? They always have waited for someone to march down main street before they even take notice. Am I for war? No. but am I willing to go to war if needed? Yes. Think about it.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.