Who's Working on a Class 8000

Fordguy1

Reaction
Hey Guys. We just picked up a class 8 from Regulators Racing Program. We ran a MORE race last weekend to get a feel for the truck. Looking to maybe run some BITD races next year. Is anyone racing Class 8 at all? I've been looking at the results from SCORE and BITD and I'm not seeing much.
Screenshot_20190520-154910_Gallery.jpg

Josh 8

Reaction
Congratulations!!!

The Ochos show up to the larger races like the b1k, m1k and v2r.

All the other stuff is shack down for these races.

Fordguy1

Reaction
You guys looked great until that bolt broke. Truck is definitely fast enough to win. Great run for your intro.

Thank you. We were having a great day until that point. Just a random failure and only having had the truck for a couple of weeks, we didnt have any spares. That's racing. We are really looking forward to our next outing.

Evans Motorsports

Reaction
We at Evans Motorsports are in the process of restoring the Number 1 built Geiser Class 8. Our plans are to run the truck in Snore Class 8. Hopefully we will draw more class 8 trucks out to play. If not we plan to race it in Snore in the TT class. Maybe a few BITD events if there is a showing. We can run 3 Snore races for the cost of 1 race in other venues.
IMG_0539.JPG

Raptor95662

Reaction
Looks like I am late to the Party. I was looking to built a clone of juggernaut which is class 8 or 1450? After reading this thread sounds like I should just get into UTV racing as that is the up and coming area.

scottm

Reaction
Website
www.cemaz.com
The Jug raced 1450, 1450 pro (Snore) and Unlimited Truck (TT of the smaller orgs). Not sure if it was still cl8 legal but it probably was. A few people are close to racing 8 in BITD again, including me. You can't go wrong with the golf carts, but there is nothing cooler than cl8..

Fordguy1

Reaction
I think we all need to get together on this and do some racing!! I can't wait for 2020, but am planning on running MORE in the Unlimited Class because of no other 8's racing.

Josh 8

Reaction
Guys. I am close too. Really close.

Probably time to start planning for a race or 2 for next year. I thing we should all get together and make the record race from Ensenada to San Felipe in June a group race. Good weather, low cost, great prerunning and freedom.

jeepspeedcom

Reaction
Bump....Any Class 8 with Dodge or Jeep body and grill can run Jeepspeed Outlaws Class 3700. Full frame stock WB +/-2". Back halved 119" wb. 37" max tire. Engines open. Rules at www.jeepspeed.com.

OR... run in new 2019 Jeepspeed Class 4700 engine and frames open max wb 123" to also allow Pro Trucks ( or stock WB +/-2" with stock length frame.).

We have commitments from half dozen teams in Class 4700 for 2020 which happens to be our 20th season.

IMG_0782 (1).JPG

Josh 8

Reaction
Sorry dude. But that’s not a class 8. Go sell that to the golf carts that want to step up to something better.

****Please don’t let this offend anyone. It’s just the truth****

jeepspeedcom

Reaction
Never said it was a class 8. This is one of 4 Pro Trucks registered with us for next year. Just saying Class 8s are welcome if they fit our dimensions and suspension and tire size rules. Just throwing it out there.. A mixture of Pro Trucks, old Class 8, 4400 buggies, 7200, etc will make an interesting Class in 2020.

Josh 8

Reaction
I understand and that’s polite of you to do so.

But... class ocho’s have there own set of rules that make them ocho’s. If they could swap bodies, grills, engines and back 1/2 the frames they would not be class 8’s any more. They would be 1450, 3700 or what ever.

I understand it kind of a moot point to try to keep the rules in place for a dead class but I guess I love the class and am a bit of a purest. I and also old enough or remember a time when 8 was on top before tt came to be. Chalk it up to being a historical class now but I am not for watering the rules down to the point that class 8 becomes a “heavy metal” run whatcha brung class like Jeep speed is close too.

Not knocking you. But class 8’s don’t fit there.

If multi role is what some one wants then keep the doors and frame rails and run 1450 along with being 8 legal.

Last edited:

scottm

Reaction
Website
www.cemaz.com
Josh, Score and BITD are allowing rear notched frames now and I heard BITD is allowing back-halving too. I haven't confirmed that, but I'm not concerned about others doing it either. I'm hoping to be done with my rebuild to make Bluewater, Henderson, and for sure Rage next year.

Bert is my name

Reaction
home. The newest t.t.s. going awd why not make 8 the new home for 2wd unlimited trucks. A well built 8 truck isn't too far away from what a t.t. is capable of. The old days of class 8 are gone. 8 trucks started to become t.t. then got left behind. But the hot poop 8 trucks weren't too far off the mark. A lot of classes are dying off. That tells me that the rule book needs a serious refresh.

Josh 8

Reaction
home. The newest t.t.s. going awd why not make 8 the new home for 2wd unlimited trucks. A well built 8 truck isn't too far away from what a t.t. is capable of. The old days of class 8 are gone. 8 trucks started to become t.t. then got left behind. But the hot **** 8 trucks weren't too far off the mark. A lot of classes are dying off. That tells me that the rule book needs a serious refresh.

Nope!