Who's Working on a Class 8000

J Burleson

Truck is lookin good Evans! When do you plan to get it back in the dirt? You pick out a power plant yet?

Evans Motorsports

Been talking to several motor builders, looking at SBF right now, been looking to get the truck back together so i can get a weight on it. I feel class 8s need 10 to 11 to one power to weight ratio to run up front (fully loaded with fuel and drivers). Want a 351W dart small block 460 at 640hp. However 20 to 22K, May settle for the New ford Z460, 351W good bang for the buck but only 575hp with 575tq, However 8800.00 for a long block.

bajaboy7

Pete you and Kent make my RDC experience something special.

Combine the classes. I'll be willing to bet it won't be long until a steel cab and working doors truck wins.

Dan200 this Lucerne night race will have over 30 but it's really tough getting the guys to move to another class. I suppose it's not so hard for me to think about because if I'm being honest it might be a little easier for me financially than some of the others.

I hope that comes across right. I often get mocked for racing in this class because many say it's a beginners class and that my truck is in someway overkill for the class.

At the end of the day I think it's a great idea combining the classes because I would love to have the opportunity to go race against some of the other bigger teams if I so choose. It's hard though because our class really doesn't have a home in BITD and Score.

Mark I want a piece of that F100.

I think the Psychotic Tundra could give many 8 guys a run for their money.
Germans truck has a steel cab and working steel doors....

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

johnnyweb

funny note....trucks go faster with rear window blocked......i rode in bj's tt not long ago, blocked behind seats, went 136mph EFFORTLESSLY, swear.....and your helmet didnt buffet at all, it was like it had a windshield, i wouldnt have believed if i didnt ride in it myself......thanks for all the rad pics, lol
Trucks go faster with the back windows blocked? Ummm ok???only if they have tiny radiators and the air flow is all you got to save your ass from overheating. Com on Pete let's be real. Just think if the 7200 had a lower radiator it might have gotten the 101mph.

dan200

#BSF200
Trucks go faster with the back windows blocked? Ummm ok???only if they have tiny radiators and the air flow is all you got to save your ass from overheating. Com on Pete let's be real. Just think if the 7200 had a lower radiator it might have gotten the 101mph.

He didn't say it went faster. He said it went 136 effortlessly but the big thing for him was there was less air buffeting.

I was talking to an airplane designer at a race and he wAs saying that basically every truck that went by at tech "had it all wrong" aerodynamic wise. The only thing the trucks were doing right was the valance in the front bumper position and blocking off the back side of the cab.
This guy said it was almost like we are actually trying to make the vehicles as non aerodynamic as possible.

Slippery P

Been talking to several motor builders, looking at SBF right now, been looking to get the truck back together so i can get a weight on it. I feel class 8s need 10 to 11 to one power to weight ratio to run up front (fully loaded with fuel and drivers). Want a 351W dart small block 460 at 640hp. However 20 to 22K, May settle for the New ford Z460, 351W good bang for the buck but only 575hp with 575tq, However 8800.00 for a long block.
We ran a nasty 514 big block in our 8 truck, it was a beast!

Evans Motorsports

Our first DashesDirect 8 truck had a 540IC Big Block got 1.3 to 1.8 mpg 650hp with 600tq. The Truck is now owned by Loose Nuts Racing and is now pushing 700hp at 645tq. We wanted to try a small block, as we have never run one. The truck has a Aluminum block 427 in it now 625hp 587tq, when its back together and we get a weight on the truck and take it out to see how it feels that will be the determining factor on our engine choice. I also want to see what gas mileage we get with the small block.

J Burleson

Your old big block was pump gas? My truck will run a 521 bb on pump gas I like the cheap power!
How much did your old truck weigh?

Evans Motorsports

The motor when we had the truck was high compression race gas only. The new owner has completely redone the motor has more power and lower compression running a race gas mixture. Weight was 6.9K ready to run.

Mike Coleman

I'm restoring/rebuilding a class 8 truck! The Truck has some great history. I have it posted in the forum section under Shop Show and Tell. The truck came with a name "Roseanne". If you are old enough you will remember her at the Score races. I will be racing her at NORRA and some other races after that.

1993.802.Vessels.jpg

Attachment-1.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Mike Coleman

Yes that was Timmy Lee Pruetts truck. I bought it and raced it for a few years. I believe the truck is in north west area. The gentleman is going to race it in NORRA.

deejay

The gentleman is me. Don`t know if I will get to norra but I did race it in Nevada in may with Vorra. I will try to post pics as it sits today. I like your new project,definately a classic.

Race8100

Don't know why so many of the same photos posted. Oh well! Restoration on a class 8000, New install of larger radiator and Trans cooler. Lowered both coolers with all new mounts while increasing the size of both. Radiator 35" X 24" trans cooler 35" X 14" . Moving as much weight down and backwards as possable. Moving both batteries further back and reducing the size of the parts and tool storage box. Opened up the rear window to allow air to pass through cab. hopefully we can increase the top end speed.
Well, at least you 'tried' to get this back on topic. lol. Looks great!

Dirty Harry

The claimer rule is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! And before you say it, not just for Steve's truck, but Westhem, Ampudia, McRae, the guy from Reno (sorry can't remember his name) or anybody else is going to give there labor of love away for $100K.
"The guy from Reno" is Don German. He just won Class 8 at V2R (again). And he is actually from Petaluma.