• Forum membership has its advantages....

Who's your favorite Trophy Truck driver and why?

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Ok if we're being serious
1. Travis Clarke - marketing guy who turned his dreams into reality. Also loves to sail, and takes good care of his hair.
2. Pat Dailey - he brought in a Make-A-Wish kid named Austin, and turned his dream until a reality by finding a job in the racing industry.
3. Joey D - have you seen his Instagram? Enough said.

JoeyD23

Ok if we're being serious
1. Travis Clarke - marketing guy who turned his dreams into reality. Also loves to sail, and takes good care of his hair.
2. Pat Dailey - he brought in a Make-A-Wish kid named Austin, and turned his dream until a reality by finding a job in the racing industry.
3. Joey D - have you seen his Instagram? Enough said.
My boy! lol

Edgmon Motorsports

1. Andy Mcmillin
2. Robby Gordon
3. Tavo Vildosola
4. Rob MacCachren
5. Jason Voss
6. BJ Baldwin
7. Bryce Menzies
8. Larry Roeseler
9. Jerry Welchel
10. Chuck Hovey

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

green787

1. Robby Gordon, because he's a great showman.
2. Any McMillin, because they all seem like great people.
3. B.J. Baldwin, because lately his posts on RDC are very cool.

Last edited:

CFreeLV

1. Dale Dondel-There isn't one thing this guy can't drive. The first time I raced against him he showed up to a lucas oil race after not racing for a few years in his probuggy and smoked us. That was the theme every time he came out after and raced. I always thought "crap Dale is here!"

2. Josh Daniel-Not afraid to try something different. Great driver. Just needs to get some luck on his side. Plus were family! Yo cuz.

3. Tavo Vildosola-Dude has no fear and talent to boot. Plus his crew and family are one of the nicest groups to be around.

C.Dilbeck_979

1. Bj... always love taking to you the only problem is you dont race everything
2. Voss... he is crazy fast a clean truck plus you cant hate on the mustach lol
3.theres alot tied for 3rd

Dezertpilot

1. RG- One of the first drivers that I really got into. He is just as competitive today as he has ever been, he is talented beyond words, heck look at his bloodline....have you seen the vid of his son Max in that kart? wow...

2. LR- He is another legend, he has won a lot of races and I am sure in a bunch of different vehicles from the Orbit cl7, the LANDSHARK and bikes. He still races bikes if I am not mistaken and I am sure he is showing up to win in any race that he enters.

3. BJ Baldwin- for obvious reasons, now can I get a ride in that badass TT of yours???????

Dezertpilot

1. Dale Dondel-There isn't one thing this guy can't drive. The first time I raced against him he showed up to a lucas oil race after not racing for a few years in his probuggy and smoked us. That was the theme every time he came out after and raced. I always thought "crap Dale is here!"
I remember being at the Laughlin road crossing the year that he was racing the Nye Frank bass boat truck and he put the biggest whuppin' on the field that day. He absolutely smoked everyone, excellent driver for sure.

Roice

RG-No need to explain

Rob Mac-same reason as RG

The entire McMillin family because they are as good outside the racing world as the are in the cars. Great people and very fast. Besides how can you bet against a guy who ALWAYS gets 4th!?!?!?

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
RG-No need to explain

Rob Mac-same reason as RG

The entire McMillin family because they are as good outside the racing world as the are in the cars. Great people and very fast. Besides how can you bet against a guy who ALWAYS gets 4th!?!?!?

5th at the 1000 and 3rd at the Mint, c'mon now!

Thank you and everyone for supporting our family. We're very fortunate and blessed to be in this position in both racing and life. We got dealt a good hand.

2. Josh Daniel-Not afraid to try something different. Great driver. Just needs to get some luck on his side. Plus were family! Yo cuz.
Yyyyeeeee!!! You just got yourself an extra special cocktail from me this weekend!! :)-

Chevydan3

1. TJ Flores. Hard working, super nice dude. Humble and talented as well.

2. Bryce Menzies. Young gun, races whenever he can (was SAILING his pro-2 off the jumps at reno), also doesn't come off as a super cocky douche.

3. Is a tie between PAB, BJ, and RG. All 3 chevy guys and faces of the sport.

Rob Mac and R. Acer get honorable mentions.

MALABANAN

Steve Euginio, R. Acer and Cameron Steele. They all get a little spicy in their own ways.

SunsetCliffsMocos

1. Robby Gordon- Epitomizes all that is desert racing, with entertainment value through the roof.

2. Rob MacCachren- The consummate professional of ORR.

3. Larry Ragland- A real gentleman. Great and somewhat different driving style than the conventional point and stomp TT driver. I'll never forget watching LR pitchin it sideways turn to turn through the hills near San Francisquito. Quiet, humble, again, a real gentleman...

BajaFand

1. Rob Mac: Don't see how he's not at the top of everyone's list. Super good guy and super professional. With well over 200 wins now and multiple championships, he will go down as the greatest of all time.

2. Andy mostly but also the whole Mcmillin family for allot of the same reasons as Rob Mac. I've been pulling for Dan and Luke to get a win ever since they got into trucks.

3. Tavo and RG are a tie here. Tavo drives like a madman and his truck is IMO ahead of the game (as is anything built by Dave Clarke usually). Great family as well. I once got to hang out with Gus Sr. at the SF250 a couple of years ago when they weren't racing. They pulled up and watched and hung out with us just as if they are regular fans of the sport. Super cool family.

RG is always allot of fun to watch. Sometimes his attitude gets the best of him, which is awesome when he's at Dakar, but not so great at other times. He's always got the best/most interesting equipment and I love his style in vehicle looks and design.

Last edited:

51rcr

1st strobel cause there way away from the desert, and there from my part of the country. First TT team I ever met when they had a buggy and were super great and nice people, Of course from our part of the country. They offered me to ride along with the to chase even and all.
2nd and 3rd you can all fight over. everyone so far is great people and talk to everyone from what I seen and heard.