Whose public tracking will magically fail for the B1000, TT class and others??

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
It’s just horrible luck that the same 2-4 trucks always get bad Stella’s…. Who might suffer the same fate this year??

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Haha better be careful.

There is a certain brand of truck that has the exhaust going right next to where the tracker is and for some reason they can’t figure out how to shield the heat from melting down the tracker and having it fail. And if it’s cold enough and the tracker does not overheat they have other ways to “turn them off”

Most of the failures are install related. Either heat or behind carbon fiber panels that block radio signals.

It’s funny how the trucks with the most experience and best built trucks are the ones that can’t figure out how to install a tracker and have it live.

My favorite was a truck at KOH that the tracker was trying to escape the truck but one little wire held on for a lap before it broke and the tracker finally got away from the abuse of that truck. Or they tried to throw it out the window and forgot to cut all the wires. LOL.

I am sure it’s possible that the same guy can just have bad luck over and over. We have raced a fair amount of races and only had 2 trackers fail and both were install issues.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Stella and RacingTrax should release a list of tracker failures after each race. Would be good for them to track which units are having issues and which trucks have "install" issues.

I started paying attention about a year ago and I see a very clear trend. The data would be pretty cool to see.

Not sure why Dan said LOL about install issues, unless he is also making the point that its not as simple as bad install but on purpose. His sarcasm can be hard to figure out on here. haha

We had our antenna next to our light bar and it messed up the signal. We move it to the back of the roof and it worked way better. On the RacingTrax we had the antenna on the dash and it does not work as well as on the roof in the rear, unless we have our light bar on. So we did find it matters how it's installed.

We have a Iridium Go permanently installed in our truck with the remote antenna on the roof. It works way better away from our light bars and in the thinner part of the roof. The front of our roof where it curves is much thicker. I am sure Carbon would be even worse for signal. We may know more about this because we have the Iridium and have moved it around. But my guess is these top teams know what they are doing.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I know for a fact that certain trucks mount the Racingtrax close to the exhaust and they get hot and fail. Racingtrax made custom mounts for these trucks and they refused to use them.

So for me that’s a install issue. Any failure that is related to how it is installed in the truck is a install failure. Many are on purpose.

You can also cover it up during the race and turn it off. Lots of ways to make it not work. If you manually turn it off there will be a record in the device of the manual turn off command. Which I believe some have been caught doing but nothing happened.

Bottom line is the same trucks seem to have problems while the rest of the fleet works pretty well.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Not sure why Dan said LOL about install issues, unless he is also making the point that its not as simple as bad install but on purpose. His sarcasm can be hard to figure out on here. haha
This was 2 years ago IIRC-

for a very brief moment there was a photo on FB of a tracker with an install issue.

the issue was that mid race somehow it "self installed" a cover over itself.

the cover magically uninstalled itself before the finish line.

It was on some Mexican off road FB page. The pic was never traced back to a truck or car.

Something like that anyway. Am I the only one who remembers this?

Mike I am for sure saying that people intentionally disable the trackers.

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Nope. Already got a personal message last time I was talking about things of this nature.

I don't need more heat. But if you watch trackers on races you will see a trend.

Mike

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
GPS jammer. It’s a thing. Super simple.
36A94600-CDF8-4110-A64A-E9CD8D75F3F6.png

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
The herbst trucks have a bad track record of their trackers not working. It’s gotten better recently but the refusal to put the antenna out farther on the hood is on them. They install it up under the roofline deep inside the truck and they don’t work very good. I’m at the starting line of alot of races and pay attention to how people install them…. i wish i could Walk because I’d walk up and snap photos in staging.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
I think promoters need to mandate it has clear air over the antenna. If it doesn’t you gotta fix it before you start.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
This was 2 years ago IIRC-

for a very brief moment there was a photo on FB of a tracker with an install issue.

the issue was that mid race somehow it "self installed" a cover over itself.

the cover magically uninstalled itself before the finish line.

It was on some Mexican off road FB page. The pic was never traced back to a truck or car.

Something like that anyway. Am I the only one who remembers this?

Mike I am for sure saying that people intentionally disable the trackers.
Just like tail lights magically working and not working…..

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
the tail light thingy, it Definitely works, Lucerne night race i seen little red dots, then poof, gone, and dusted out to a crawl