Whose public tracking will magically fail for the B1000, TT class and others??

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
8E465271-6D84-4584-8B38-2C3AF90517E7.png

Also, Ben is Ethans documented dad. Stamp it.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Here's a thought if your tracker does not work at start, any checkpoint, random ping, or the finish you stop & get it working while the clock keeps running off your official start time not the tracker UNTIL you go any further PERIOD.

I'll bet $$ all of them never have any more problems again.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
If your going to get a DNF or DQ'd run 3 of them

Make it HURT for not having one that's not operational NO fines just a simple answer to a problem DQ or DNF

critter81

RDC Crypto
So, if there is a bad install and it stops working thats on the organization... They need to mandate the location if this is happening

J Prich

RDC Crypto
The Stella is not used for official timing and scoring though is it? If a Stella tracker “doesn’t work” that just means it not uploading data via satellite to the public facing site right? Not that there is no longer a way to record that vehicles time…Or am I wrong about that?

If I’m right about that, then the data being shared from the tracker to tracking websites is just entertainment anyway. If it doesn’t work, all it mostly means is that people watching the tracker data online can’t follow it. I assume most top teams are using manual timing to gauge time gaps between competitors as they are getting real world split times from pits etc…not relying on tracker data from the website. But maybe I’m way off on that.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The trackers are most certainly sending data to race orgs remotely and are downloaded after the race.

They are used for speed penalties, course cutting, missed vcp’s etc. Stella keeps track of all VCP’s. Racing trax keeps track of speeds in speed zones etc.. they both have similar features and are used to enforce rules.

But if they are covered up or defeated somehow there is no proof or data to give penalties. If the gps antenna does not work it does not know where or how fast the vehicle is.

Not sure what the YB can do. It’s seems the least feature rich of them all.

Score uses two different trackers. The Stella in the cab and a YB inreach type device on the back of the vehicle. Not sure what they use each for.

Mike

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
the YB or SPICA its a (kinda black box or data recorder) if i'm correct its the device were they download all the info after the race, the stella if for tracking, pass, alerts, dangers etc.

Last edited:

J Prich

RDC Crypto
the YB or SPICS its a (kinda black box or data recorder) if i'm correct its the device were they download all the info after the race, the stella if for tracking, pass, alerts, dangers etc.
This is my assumption as well.