Why are some racers so last minute when it comes to being prepaired to race?

MAC56

Reaction
Less than 30 days until Vegas to Reno and only 80 racers have ordered the required tracking unit and the free installation kit?
Is it better to do the installation in a 120deg parking lot or at home/ shop where at least you have some shade?
Dont be a WD and make the tech line longer for everyone.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I'm guessing because most guys that aren't TT, class 1 or 6100 racers aren't sure if they will have their race cars done in time. Sometimes just getting to the race is a bigger race than the race itself!

bobsson

Reaction
I'm guessing because most guys that aren't TT, class 1 or 6100 racers aren't sure if they will have their race cars done in time. Sometimes just getting to the race is a bigger race than the race itself!
Exactly this, I was hoping my truck would be ready for the BWDC in October but that's definitely not going to happen.

43mod

Reaction
because we are doing all that we can handle all of the time. You cant install exhaust systems in the tech line but you can put in trackers and stickers.

retroblazer

Reaction
yeah, my race coordinator only paid for it yesterday. I'd fire him, but then I'd have to pay myself unemployment.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Less than 30 days until Vegas to Reno and only 80 racers have ordered the required tracking unit and the free installation kit?
Is it better to do the installation in a 120deg parking lot or at home/ shop where at least you have some shade?
Dont be a WD and make the tech line longer for everyone.
Ordered mine over a month ago and still haven't received it. What's up?

MAC56

Reaction
Ordered mine over a month ago and still haven't received it. What's up?
Steve i think yours is on the plane to Tonopah.........
The Racingtrax website notes they would ship starting the 19th.
The parts are from BC Canada so extra time for shipping?

CJEFFERIES

Reaction
Is it still the IRC unit or are we on to version 8 now? Why is one antenna for the IRC 15 feet long and the other 5 feet long?

MAC56

Reaction
Not IRC, The device from racingtrax has no external antennas only a 12v power cord and a remote "alert" switch that is 2wires. The mounting kit (bracket, power cord and remote switch) is provided free with the first BITD race rental.

CJEFFERIES

Reaction
So if we order one early this week when will we get it and where does it need to be mounted?

Mike321

Reaction
Instead of posting a rhetorical question, why not provide a link of how to order one?

NIKAL

Reaction
My guess is why most wait when it comes to getting their trackers, is the fact that that tracking systems in general in this sport have been less then stellar and have brought up allot of controversy in the past. And many seem to think the trackers have way to high of a price tag for what they do and the racer gets back from them, especially when you find out the tracker was not working after the race. I dont think spending money or ordering trackers is going to be at the top of anyone's priority list vs, getting their motors tuned, shocks serviced, final prep and or car testing.