• Forum membership has its advantages....

Why do the class 10 boys always get killed by the 12's in Mex?

RedRide

I am guessing that it is based on seat time and experience in baja? It just seams like the Ecotec would be far superior down there, but I guess driving skills prevail...

B-Dub 1020

Mexico is an adventure and so many things come into play, luck,boobytraps,spectators etc.You risk everything you own every time you race baja. No one knows baja better than PAB and he's now in a TT why doesn't he win. No body knows

B-Dub 1020

Lets quit F-N around, we need dept heads so to speak and get this thing organized. PRO-10 races in2012 We are not racing SCORE unless Sal will give us a deal on the Primm race and let class 4's race in class 10 wtf!! Hell will freeze over first. Besides SNORE,BITD and More will work with us our 1st year. Like they say KISS ,for those that dont know it means Keep It Simple Stupid and thats a good way to get something going. STEP UP RUNNING ONE DEPT IS EASY.

B-Dub 1020

I thought so too. New rule as of this year.
I beleive only mephi ecu's which i'm ok with and manual throttle cable no fly bye wire which i'm not ok with. I love Mexico but not willing to loose everything I have worked for. Its not like the good ol days anymore one accident (hitting spectators ) and if your not wealthy I'm just saying be careful

DBMETALWORX

Now that you mention it, the more I think about desert racing as a whole, the more I like BITD.. No theft from people who go to Ensenada for just that. No open desert, with quads, bikes, rhinos, & pre-runners, as well as spectators everywhere.. Extremely well marked courses. I don't know about SNOREs NV races, but we are def not goin to PC again. We're going to get ready for Parker in feb, hopefully w/new front engine car. BTW 12/1100 cars are faster than 10 @ Parker often too.

jim_moulton

Class 12 is a very competitive class with some very talented drivers! The question I have why does class 12 still start behind the class 10 cars? Wasn't it a class 10 car that started the log jam at the summit last year?

SicRic

I would think that a 12 car and a 10 car are equally matched in the rough, but on straight aways and pure speed I think a class 10 car is just way faster than those VW powered 12 cars........from experience....

B-Dub 1020

Class 12 is a very competitive class with some very talented drivers! The question I have why does class 12 still start behind the class 10 cars? Wasn't it a class 10 car that started the log jam at the summit last year?
You are right on there are many talented drivers in 12, if you want to start in front of us I have no problem with that but dont cry when we smash the back of your car, the only 12 car that would maybe stay infront of us is Bryan Freeman, Folts and Steve Eugenio lol dont get mad

jim_moulton

I just prep our car but I'll pass your comments on to our drivers.

B-Dub 1020

Me two Jim , oh I'll still drive sometimes but not if the boys are running up front. We would love to dice with you guys. You start in front and I'll put whatever bet you want, luv ya man

RedRide

Your 12 car is definately pulling that 10 car in all of the uphill sections....Looks like the track width of the 12 also helps to stay out of the deep trophy ruts...Nice video!

SicRic

I pass class 1 cars....I get passed by 12 cars...I pass 10 cars....Protrucks....I get passed by 8 trucks....that is what racing is all about.....
If you know the track and have confidence in your car you will do good...If you dont...you wont.