Why I hate flying by: Richie Valens

Chris

Reaction
I don't know how you guys feel about flying (Dave G. not included ) but it scares the piss out of me and I have to fly to NYC on friday for work. I went and got something to put me to sleep, hopefully I'll zone and wake up as we are touching down in Newark. Been nice knowing you guys! :) I hope I get to see the desert again.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
dramamine always puts me to sleep and helps sickness. I am not afraid of flying, but i get sick just thinking about it.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Chris

Reaction
If it were nausea I would be able to handle it but my anxiety kicks in and is no bueno. I guess I'm a bit of a control freak, if I were flying the plane (and properly trained to do so) I have a feeling I'd be fine.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Ha, Ha, You wouldn't want to sit next to Me on a plane then! I like to sit by the wing so I can watch it flex..... It's amazing how far those suckers bend.......

Chris

Reaction
Partybarge, Oh thanks alot! :) 10-4 on the zanax, got something from a friend who's a psychiatrist that will hopefully have the same effect. Pop a pill, down a bear and see ya. (Kids don't try that at home!!!!)

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
flyings not to bad i had to fly to japan on a plane for 18 hours that suxs wings do look pretty cool though.

Gregg

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I like to sit over the wings cause its the most stable spot when turbulance hits.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Chris,

I'm with Brian on this one... That is neat to watch them flex like that!
If not, just have a few drinks before you leave to "take the edge off".
Its always worked for friends of mine.

-Gabe

RacerX

Reaction
Dezertchick.....I take it you never saw the movie "Alive." The plane hit the mountian as they were pulling up and the rear of the plane was ripped off. Movie was based on a true story.

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "I don't know how you guys feel about flying (Dave G. not included ) "

Flying scares the holy crap out of me. That's why I do it.

It's such a rush to cheat death! ;-)

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Attachments

michael_loomis

Reaction
i always sit by the wing also.....makes me think of that popular twilight zone with john lithgow and the green goblin thingy. you know the one where the goblin rips up the engine and the plane gets all crazy!! :)

CoiloverKid

Reaction
"There's .... somethingonthewing .... some .... THING... "

jajaja...i love that. BUT you could also try using diazepam. Its a military grade muscle relaxant the gov't uses for snipers, ect. haha good luck finding any though.

Keep it sideways.

Catman

Reaction
whatever you do, dont use Ricky Nelsons method of taken off the edge.I like to sit in the rear to watch the overhead storage compartmets flex

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Sit near the front of the plane. Of all plane crashes the few survivors are usually in the first 10 rows. If you want to knock yourself out for the flight get some ambien

I do, therefore I am.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
After reading all of our posts here (mine included) we all sound like a bunch of scared whining b!tches! Like trying to find the best place to sit in case of a crash. You know, you have a better chance of crashing and dieing on the way to the airport in the car than on the plane! We are in a "not guts no glory" sport and then we all whine about flying, what a joke!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Hey dave, Why does the guy in the back have a deathgrip on the front seat? Does he know somthing we don't?