• Forum membership has its advantages....

Why is parker 2 days let alone not just one race......

I was just looking at the entry and it is right abouve 140 entries and almost perfectly 70 and 70 per day ...... so my question is why race Saturday and Sunday and why even split it in two heats. Parker back in the day would get 60 TT’s alone and 30 plus 1’s and racing 16 unless we had more than 40 min of problems they would catch us on the last part of our 2nd there 3rd las finishing...... Was BITD. Inticipating a larger count or something and just duidnt happen. HOW DOES EVERYNE FEEL ABOUT IT BEING 2 days.......?

92OCHO

Im a bit fortunate with my situation... we are close geographical to the race . My first race as a driver / co driver.
So I’m excited to run on Friday whoop it up Friday night
Watch the heavy hitters early Saturday morning leave down CA ave. Eat chicken fried steak at coffee earns
Shoot out to Shea Rd and yuck it up a bit with the rest of the maniacs
Back to main pit

Game on.

Lick the wounds on Sunday morning and drive up the hill

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

TJERGENSEN

We did notice in today's prerun that the utv's make a closer acceleration bump then the tt's. almost seemed rougher .

Slippery P

SXS chop is awesome and everywhere...

J Prich

Osbourne Wash was brutal this morning. Even in a big TT prerunner with 40’s.
Honestly I think this is going to become the norm for stateside races. Not trying to start a blame war, just saying that more vehicles with bigger tires/HP running the same courses year after year...everyone complains about BITD blading everything but now courses like Parker, the Mint, etc are starting to show more and more signs of the abuse and are getting more and more beat every year.

pdailey

Racer
Honestly I think this is going to become the norm for stateside races. Not trying to start a blame war, just saying that more vehicles with bigger tires/HP running the same courses year after year...everyone complains about BITD blading everything but now courses like Parker, the Mint, etc are starting to show more and more signs of the abuse and are getting more and more beat every year.
it was weird last year. I remember the chatter bumps were gnarly for the prerun but we’re all gone for the race. I think they had gotten some rain between? I can’t remember. But ya, the UTV chatter bumps are something else. Must be the 4WD?

MTPyle

Course for sure seemed more chopped up this year for the pre run. Lots more washed out sections and chatter. That one area they had us go around looked like the Grand Canyon.

And Yes I think Parker got rain last year between the Pre run and the race. Does not look like any rain this year on the long range forecast.

I dont see a problem with blading some of the washes like Osborne. It gets so bad and brings up so many rocks. Even if it started clean on race day its a mess by the end of the day. If I remember right I think they did blade it before the race last year.

And I think the two day format is much safer. Maybe its just me but when I am hauling in Dust all I can think about is a smaller vehicle stuck or broke down on the course. But the trackers help for sure.

Sucks to be sitting doing nothing on Friday but oh well. It would be nice to have qualifying for Sat race on Thursday and Tech on Friday during the friday race. But I get there are only so many people and resources to go around.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Should be some weather through there end of this week if you're that worried about it. Some of the guys who preran with 40" tires said they could believe how smooth it was. They were used to 37" tires, so maybe they don't know what to compare it to?

JLongo

The closer it gets to the hwy the rougher it gets, remember that area gets a lot of use from recreational rider of all types. Even in the summer guys are ripping around out there. I know because I’m jealous watching from our place on the other side of the river!

pdailey

Racer
Should be some weather through there end of this week if you're that worried about it. Some of the guys who preran with 40" tires said they could believe how smooth it was. They were used to 37" tires, so maybe they don't know what to compare it to?
95% is super smooth. Just Osbourne Wash was super choppy. And the little bit heading back into town. I was actually surprised how smooth the goat trail was. No giant boulders anymore.

MTPyle

We were in a Raptor on 37” tires so that might have made us think it was more rough. But we ran the pre run last year in a Canned Ham. Just visually it looked worse. I am not worried about the race. Everyone will be on the same course.

I am sure the 40” tires were nice for those guys used to 37”. We ran the Rage on our new larger tires and it was really nice.

Mike

AZracefan

Lap traffic was always an issue at Parker. 2016 went to 2 heats similar to the Mint 400 format, although i guess the issue was still not resolved bringing the now 2 day race. The 2018 race had 53 TT entered, with the T1 race on schedule, that count is about split in half. Im sure BITD was already putting in the work for an extra day of racing, however those changes dont happen over night.