Why is your Dad your Hero?

Petepecas

Reaction
With Fathers day around the corner, I thought we gave the old guy some much deserved respect and recognition, so, my dad is my hero because:

1. He would drive us non stop for 36 hours on mexican 60's two lane black top to make christmas at his hometown down old Mexico.

2. Taught me how to drive on mexican two lane blacktop at night, amongst all the 18 wheelers.

3. He buit us a great house himself even though he is not a buider for a living.

4. He built my first 302 himself, even thoug he is not a mechanic for a living.

5. Bought me my first motorcycle even thoug he was scared I'd hurt myself.

6. Put me thru college.

7. At 80 years old, He still can drive 12 hours non stop.

8. He can troubleshoot my race car over the phone.

9. He fixes his Benz himself.

10. Still is with, and loves my Mom after 52 years of marriage.

Alex Paterson

Reaction
Not sure if my father is my Hero or not but I give him all of the respect in the world. I am about to have a child and I can only image what it was like for him and my mom 38+ years ago when my sister and I were babies.

My dad means all the world to me. He is my friend and my father...just not a very good listener unless we are talking about golf :) He worked his a s s off so we could be brought up in a good, caring HH. My folks are still together which is rare these days and whether he knows it or not he has instilled so many strong beliefs in me and is the reason I am the person I am today.

Alex

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
My Dad is my Hero. One word , INTEGRITY. The rest of what he taught me is icing on the cake. I dont think I can be half the man he is....If I am 1/4 of it I would be honored. I hope I can pass that along to my children.

la2baja

Familia
Reaction
Lots of reasons but here's the top 2.

Takes good care of my mom and always took care of us kids.

Taught me right from wrong and gave me a smack on the back of the head when I strayed to far from right.

Plenty of other stuff but those are the essentials to being a dad/hero to me.

Ryno

Reaction
My Dad gave me the work ethic and common sense that has gotten me everywhere so far. He's also already forgotten more than I will ever know about motors. When my dist. gear sheared off the shaft, he had it out in 30 seconds....I had tried for over two hours.

BajaBronco13

Reaction
My dad is definitely my hero. He's a hard working man. Never was afraid to tell his kids how much he loves us and my mom. Came home and spent time with us no matter how long his work day was.

Great moments from my memory:

1.) Teaching me how to drive at 13 on my brother's 2wd 1980 Toyota on Estreo Beach Baja.

2.) Driving 20 plus hours straight from LA to Durango Mex with our jam packed family in the station wagon. And breaking down and fixing a water pump with one broken arm. Now that is bad @$$.

I'm a lucky guy to still have my dad around. I love spending time with him and hope that my kids look up to me like I look up to him.

RojoOjoRacin

Reaction
Since he busted his **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** to suport for his famila & asked for nothing but respect in return... Now I do the same & get why he did it!!! Thats why I RESPECT my FATHER

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
My dad is my John Wayne! My dad is a tough Polish / Russian man with the heart of a kitty cat when it comes to his family. When my mom and dad first got married and my mom was pregnant with me, he worked three jobs so my mom could stay home. He worked at Link Belt as a welder during the day, cleaned heaters/ventilation systems at night and painted signs on the weekend.

Once us kids were born and he had completed his schooling at LA Trade Tech, he received his LA County Welding Certification and never looked back. He went to work for a structural steel firm and worked as an Iron Worker for 30+ years. Diabetes and arthritis forced him into retirement.

While I was growing up, there was nothing my sister and I went without, new Schwinn bikes for Christmas, matching Indian 125 cc motorcycles just because and dune buggies made from Corvair engines.

We had campers and trailers and camped two to three times a month. The other weekends were reserved for picking up dog do and pulling weeds. My dad always felt family time was important and us girls loved it!

One summer, we were out at Gorman riding the motorcycles and I hit a rain rut, went ass over tea kettle in front of my dad and BAM that was it. He sold the motorcycles that week saying he was not going to lose a daughter over a stupid motorcycle.

My dad is a life long hunter, growing up in Wisconsin that was his way of life. My sister and I have been hunting with him since we were 11 years old. I think I was 12 when I got my hunter safety certificate. Since then and still now, my favorite memories are my dad and I deer hunting in Colorado, pig hunting in Paso Robles and my dad's weird sense of humor in taking me and my sister rabbit hunting in Baker in September.....Have you ever been to Baker in September? I don't think Hell gets that hot!

My dad didn't like my first husband and wished I wouldn't have married him, but I did and helped us buy the first house. When the marriage fell apart my dad simply said, "Whatever you chose to do, I will support your decision." And he did.

My dad is my best friend. My parents were married for 38 years. I was there with him when my mom died and I was there when he married the woman who came after her. I can pick up the phone and talk about anything with him. He is the best advice giver in the world always making sure that I know whatever choice I make, he will support.

My dad and I still hunt together and we talk several times a week, even if it's just to say "Hey". My dad didn't take me to father/daughter dances, he didn't have to. His love wraps around me like a blanket I wear everyday and because of him, I am able to show my kids the same love and support. Like they say, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I also inherited his potty mouth ;)

Last edited:

fathead

Reaction
My Dad sucks, has no integrity, the only thing he taught me was how not to raise a son, how to not pay your court ordered child support, and how to not see or call your kids for 10 years.

My Mom on the other hand, gets all the credit for the man I am today, I am lucky to have had someone as wise and bad-ass as her. She is no longer with us, but will always be my hero.

Baja Chika

Reaction
My dad's a hero because even though my mom gave up on me and walked out, he stayed by my side and helped me move on. We had our ups and downs, but he made me the strong person i am today. I'm greatful for having a dad like mine, you can't get any better. I love you dad! :)

BGRANT

Reaction
He taught me to never quit and to do everything I do with honesty and integrity. He also faught cancer and kicked it's ass for 4 years before it got the better of him.
He was only the best father ever!
Fly's dad sounds pretty cool too.:D

FABRICATOR

Reaction
A little short on the hero end here too. But he did manage to stick around, keep a roof over our heads, and food on the table. But there was a spark years earlier when he was working as a chemist at the plantations in Hawaii. He was close enough to hear the attack on Pearl Harbor. In about two weeks he was in the Navy and off to fight the war.

43mod

Reaction
dont remember ever playing catch or hanging out as a kid much,dad was too damn busy with work.at about 50 i think he saw the light.now at 74 he is the guy who show up at everything offers a little encoragement and tries to get home before he has to drive at night.pretty cool guy in my book

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
My dad, is my hero because:
  1. He worked hard to support his family since day one.
  2. He always respected his father and mother.
  3. He played baseball with us.
  4. He taught us gun saftey and how to respect them.
  5. He still works at 75 yrs old as a maintenance even though he retired from Kaiser Steel Corporation in 84.
  6. He is my friend, a good listener and supports all my discisions.
  7. He finished raising my younger brother and 3 sisters after our mother passed away at 36 yrs old.
  8. He still mows his own lawn and other gardening around his house.
  9. Even though I went through high school with a negative attitude he believed enough in me to invest in my first camera equipment for college. Canon AE1 in 1981, 300mm lens, 50mm lenz 1.8, 28mm 2.8, Speedlite155a, developing tank, Dark bag, and enough film to last me a whole school year.
The picture is of my dad dancing with my daughter during her quinceañera.

Attachments

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
My piece of crap father dumped my mother married a cum guzzling gutter slut and handed the entire estate to her AND he is not allowed to speak to me or my brother
When he dies I'll PISS ON HIS GRAVE.

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
Zoom, sounds like you have a very solid dad. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. He is as solid as anyone can be at 75. I can't wait to take him to his first baja Race. Maybe San Felipe 250.

Petepecas

Reaction
My dad, is my hero because:
  1. He worked hard to support his family since day one.
  2. He always respected his father and mother.
  3. He played baseball with us.
  4. He taught us gun saftey and how to respect them.
  5. He still works at 75 yrs old as a maintenance even though he retired from Kaiser Steel Corporation in 84.
  6. He is my friend, a good listener and supports all my discisions.
  7. He finished raising my younger brother and 3 sisters after our mother passed away at 36 yrs old.
  8. He still mows his own lawn and other gardening around his house.
  9. Even though I went through high school with a negative attitude he believed enough in me to invest in my first camera equipment for college. Canon AE1 in 1981, 300mm lens, 50mm lenz 1.8, 28mm 2.8, Speedlite155a, developing tank, Dark bag, and enough film to last me a whole school year.
The picture is of my dad dancing with my daughter during her quinceañera.
Old school Dad, a real Man...good for you!