Why no LED?

Jack

Reaction
So why wasn't anyone running the LED style lights at the MORE night race?
Is all the hype over and they wernt as good as once said.
Still too expensive?

Maybe they just did not make it to pit B.

07FJRog

Reaction
Re: Why no LED

$$$$ still expensive.

TauMau

Reaction

Compared to the high end HIDs I wouldn't say they're much more expensive...they just haven't quite gotten to the Harbor Freight special stage yet.

I don't think anyone would run them without pencil beam HIDs to fill in the long distances though...they're a great compliment to HIDs but not a replacement.

NTRoffroad

Reaction

Compared to the high end HIDs I wouldn't say they're much more expensive...they just haven't quite gotten to the Harbor Freight special stage yet.

I don't think anyone would run them without pencil beam HIDs to fill in the long distances though...they're a great compliment to HIDs but not a replacement.

Very true, the one I have on the front of the car does a great job filling in right in front of the car. I still have HID's on top.

310Kid

Reaction

i saw a 16 car with one headlight on his front bumper ( Not HID) im guessing a normal Hella 4000 by the looks.. Well he was hauling arse and he didnt have a light bar or anything. So im guessing one light was fine for him lol but yea that was pretty kool

RocketMan

Reaction

i saw a 16 car with one headlight on his front bumper ( Not HID) im guessing a normal Hella 4000 by the looks.. Well he was hauling arse and he didnt have a light bar or anything. So im guessing one light was fine for him lol but yea that was pretty kool

What you can't see can't hurt you....

OffRoadGeorge

Reaction

my experience in the dust the HID provides better visability. The LED light is very white and is not natural color. 2 white hid and 2 yellow and you really can see in the desert. something about the hid light gives me better vision depth.

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction

Good Topic...
We have released an amber version of our E-Series that is getting pretty popular with the Trucks, and cuts through the dust very well. They are running white LED's up top and Ambers up front. I would wait for feedback from RFS and Synergy on light color and distance after this weekends Midnight Special Night Race...and go from there..

Tom Bradley's Class 8 took the win in the Dos Mares 500(2009) and overtook other racers at night using a 20" Amber Pencil led only. Tom-if you are lurking pipe in.....

Taylor
RIGID Industries

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction

If you choose to run LED's go with Rigid. They are awesome...I'm digg'n the amber light as well Tayolor. Looks nice

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction

thx Ed. This argument has been going on for a while, LED-good or bad....?? Too bright, not quite enough distance. More teams are using it now, like I said-the more feedback we get the better, I think after the Midnight Special KC race we should get some.

Thx.
Taylor

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction

Synergy Racing and RFS Motorsports both took class wins in the SNORE Midnight Special, along with DezertNation taking a second place. All were running the E-Series Rigid Led's exclusively. RFS and Dezertnation had at least one Amber on thier vehicles, reports that they were excellent in the dust..Synergy is running all white's and also reported excellent visibility.
A pic of Dezert Nation's truck

Pics of the other 2 trucks are on diff threads..

Taylor

ocotilo

Reaction
I use phantom led lights on my truck and they work great, i had the hella hids but these lights work much better and come with a lifetime warranty, the best light out there bar none! They cut throught the dust and are bullet proof.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

Synergy Racing and RFS Motorsports both took class wins in the SNORE Midnight Special, along with DezertNation taking a second place. All were running the E-Series Rigid Led's exclusively. RFS and Dezertnation had at least one Amber on thier vehicles, reports that they were excellent in the dust..Synergy is running all white's and also reported excellent visibility.
A pic of Dezert Nation's truck

Pics of the other 2 trucks are on diff threads..

Taylor

Here is a couple pics of our truck with the Rigid lights on them:

Attachments

• rfs truck.jpg
    rfs truck.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 145
  • rfs truck 2.jpg
    rfs truck 2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 149

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Actually easier on the eyes than the HID's. We did have to turn off our whites when we were in heavy dust. When we were in light to medium dust we would only run the lower white light with the ambers. We are going to try running one amber above also and see how that works out in testing.

Jack

Reaction
Looks really nice, still waiting for this to be in the pric range of us that run pits and are tied of listening to genarators and dieng batteries from everything avalible in the past. Would love to see something maybe a little less durable to mount on the sides of top racks to bring lite to the work area without having to set up halogen on the tower and still last longer then phloesent tubes.