Why so many class 10s and few class 1s...

With the price of building and prepping a class 10 becoming so expensive I really don’t understand why people run class 10 over one..... the build cost doesnt seem like it should be that much different. Besides the motor is it that much different to run a class one... class 10s vp mix is only a few bucks cheaper per gallon and same with tires.... and with class one you get to qualify and potential to go a lot faster...... am I missing something?

Robin Hood

With the price of building and prepping a class 10 becoming so expensive I really don’t understand why people run class 10 over one..... the build cost doesnt seem like it should be that much different. Besides the motor is it that much different to run a class one... class 10s vp mix is only a few bucks cheaper per gallon and same with tires.... and with class one you get to qualify and potential to go a lot faster...... am I missing something?
You're missing a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to run class one. ;)

MTPyle

The crazy thing to me is that there are not more Class 6200. Seems like a great class for the buggy dorks.

Mike

jon coleman

I'll race class one, it's a tuff decision stepping down from the jeepspeed entry numbers, but I'll take one for the cls one cause, please send me boat loads of caaaaaaaaaaaa$h

ht racing

its a huge difference in $$$$$ the motor alone is the really big problem. you can get 2 seasons from a 2.4 and like 2 races from whatever race gas built bomb you have in your 1 car. the 6200 class is great but you need a purpose built car for it not a heavy down on power class 1 car. i proved that in parker with a old v6 in a 10 car we won beating a old one car with a ls3 by over 15min. i don't think ppl are ready to build a 150k 6200 to race 3 other cars in class. i also think if they would open up the rules and let some other motors in they could get the numbers up.

JP_JCM

The Engine costs really are not a make it or break it reason. I would venture to say that 90% of C1's have no more than 700HP( which can be had with a worked LS7 or stroked LS3) that get a refresh every 1500-2000 race miles. A 6100 Truck costs more to build and maintain than a C1.

ht racing

The Engine costs really are not a make it or break it reason. I would venture to say that 90% of C1's have no more than 700HP( which can be had with a worked LS7 or stroked LS3) that get a refresh every 1500-2000 race miles. A 6100 Truck costs more to build and maintain than a C1.
and your cool in a truck...... why everyone is doing it.

ht racing

and the finish rate in class 1 is horrible. we placed 3rd in class 1 on time with a 350hp v6 on the same course at the same time. big hp causes lots of broken parts ask harley letner why he is not paying to race his class 1 car anymore. there is a lot more going on in a class 1 car over a class 10 car. and shifting with a torque converter sucks.

M.Tornel Jr

Le
It was almost ten years ago but Eugenio did really well in an old Class 1 with pump gas engine...
2011 Baja 500, Class 1 field had 27 entries. He and Adam Pfankuch finished 1st in class and 6th 4-wheel overall.

letner was laying it down at mint a few years ago, i believe car had some issues on second lap if not i think car wouldve been in contention for win or podium