Wich tires for good Street-Handling?

Breth

Reaction
Do sombody knows what tires are good for a daily-driver, wich only drives on the street, but got the mean prerunner-tire-look!?!?!?

I was thining about the BFGoodrich Baja T/A. Or is this tire not good for streetuse?

I had try the Goodyear wrangler (mud), but this tire was not to good on the highway from 70mph and faster.

Can sombody help me please?

Best regards Sascha

GDRBORETIRED

Reaction
I have BFG T/As on my Ranger. I am quite happy with them. They are stable to 85 (about 135 Km) MPH at least.

Sparky

Reaction
I absolutely hated the Baja T/A on the street. The compound is really hard and they don't grip very well, especially when it is a little wet. I ran Mud T/A for a while and liked those. My current favorite thought are my new Goodyear MTR Kevlars - they are quiet, they are wearing great, they have great traction on road and off, and they look cool. And they are fine to 100+...

Breth

Reaction
OK thanx guys!

So i was only thinking that the T/A`s was the tires that looked the moste like a street-tire. Do anybody else hate those tires on the street except Sparky?

@Spark: I will go check the MTR`s you sad. Thanx for your help!

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Yokohama Geolander A/T-S. They work great on the street and off road. Quite tread and great wear. I've had them over 100 mph with no problems.

Breth

Reaction
Thanx but im looking for somthing who look more "prerunner-like" :) Those ones look more like "normal" turcktires to me.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
yokohama geolander a/t-s. They work great on the street and off road. Quite tread and great wear. I've had them over 100 mph with no problems.
x2....

redline

Reaction
Bajas are awesome tires for the dirt and horrible tires for the street. They really like to get flat spotted and then once they get really outta round you have to have them shaved to get close to being able to balance them. The Goodyear MTRs are an awesome tire as far as noise, handling, and performance but that is also why they are one of the fastest wearing tires.

baja619

Reaction
Toyo Tires Open Country A/T or even the M/T for that matter will blow these other tires out of the water as far as on the road street performance. You pay a little extra but get a lot more in return and will last much longer. You will not regret it.

Rides soft - quite - straight - smooth - durable

Breth

Reaction
Yeah the toyo tires open country m/t look preety good for me. The a/t tires dont look agressiv enought to me, or got sombody a pic where he got the open country a/t on the truck???

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I am a BFG guy usually but with a different stroke of luck I ended up with Yokohama Geolander the first generation and I absolutely HATED that tire!!!! POS to the max, so I complained to the dealer and he ended up ordering me the new generation of the same tire because the old tire was such a bad one they took it off the market and introduced a new one. Well over 2 years later and around 35-40,000 miles later they grip well, wear awesome and I am very pleased with the tire. I will go with this tire again in the future, I couldnt have gotten a better tire in the end!

loufish

Reaction
I'm going to be honest....Buying a tire based on it's "Bad-ass" looks when the actual tire use is close to the opposite is...well....dumb...

Why put up with less tread wear, more tire noise, less pavement traction (wet & dry) just to look cool?....

There are several really good A/T tires that deliver all that the M/T's lack and you will enjoy them more AND they still look cool because these are tires many guys run in the desert all the time...

1) BFG A/T
2) Toyo Open Country A/T
3) Nitto Terra Grappler A/T

Just to name a few...I've had nothing but good luck with the BFG A/T's , and I've just run the Nittos thru about 35,000 miles including off roading in So Cal and some chasing in Baja...They performed great...

jesusgatos

Reaction
BFG All-Terrains are probably my favorite all-time on/off-road tires. At least for smaller/lighter Toyota-sized trucks. 33x10.5x15's or 255/85/16's. I used to RALLY on those things! Always thought they handled pretty well on-road for an all-terrain tire, and I like them almost as much as the MT's off-road.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Do sombody knows what tires are good for a daily-driver, wich only drives on the street, but got the mean prerunner-tire-look!?!?!?

I was thining about the BFGoodrich Baja T/A. Or is this tire not good for streetuse?

I had try the Goodyear wrangler (mud), but this tire was not to good on the highway from 70mph and faster.

Can sombody help me please?

Best regards Sascha
We are rocking the new General Tires. I have these on our shop trucks and love them!!! The General Grabber at2's GENERAL WEBSITE

glamiskid395

Reaction
heres a pic of the durability of toyo open country A/Ts
i was t-boned by a mitsubishi eclipse, blew both rear tires off the bead, one from the impact, the other from the brick wall i landed on. (also a cactus)

both tires have had no trouble since then, about 3 months ago.

Attachments

SEANY

Reaction
We are rocking the new General Tires. I have these on our shop trucks and love them!!! The General Grabber at2's GENERAL WEBSITE

I have to second Jerry's post, we are a General Tire dealer and sell quite a few of these tires to our customers and there very happy. Price, quality, looks, these tires have it all.

racer56

Reaction
I don't think you can go wrong with either the BFG or the General AT's.

usmcgunrock

Reaction
I am running the 35x12.50r17 Toyo M/T on my Dodge 3500 dually and they have worked better then any BFG M/T or A/T that I have had on a heavy truck. I have 50,000 miles on this set and still have about 30% tread left. These miles include off road(mud, sand, hard, and even mild rock garden stuff) heavy towing, and around town driving. I also run Toyos on my WRX but those are a race street tire and have never had a problem with those either.

loufish

Reaction
I am running the 35x12.50r17 Toyo M/T on my Dodge 3500 dually and they have worked better then any BFG M/T or A/T that I have had on a heavy truck. I have 50,000 miles on this
50,000 miles on a M/T?....on a very heavy truck?....not trying to bust your chops, but my son had a set on his Dodge 1500 2wd and they were toast after about 28,000 miles...