Wild Wash Test and Prerun

Jkrell

This Saturday a group of us are heading out for a test session and prerun of the wildwash course if anybody is interested in coming out. Leaving Duffco around 8:30-9:00 if anybody is interested.

Jon

JCA

There will be people out marking the course then. So be careful. Keep the speeds down and watch out for others.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

BIG_FAT_LOSER

We meet at 7 am to mark the course and usually start about 8, Two groups mark, from the start and from the halfway point. We are usually finished by 12 or 1.

Keep your raido on MDR's race freq and we'll meet up.

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

Jordan

I would stay off the course saturday. I have marked 5 courses to date all MDR Barstow courses and there is always someone prerunning and nearly killing us while we are trying to setup the race. Go today or Sunday and help out the people who are trying to help you by marking the course.

desertracer

We might got test early sat morning just on the start/finish section and maybe as far back to hodge road. All depends if we get our motor all buttoned up. If we do go we well be sure to keep a close eye for any one on the course. The course is the same route and direction as the last mdr race in november? Thanks to those who are marking the course you always do a great job.

MDR #112

Greg

When we mark the course we use the weatherman channel so if you are out there just ask whos on the course ahead of time and we'll let you know where we are.

Greg

Jkrell

no worries...we'll take it easy...some of us will be on bikes...some in trucks...not looking to set records...just want to run around the course to check things out. See you guys our there.

Whats weathermans channel again?

Jon

Jkrell

one more thing,

Does anybody have the map and course notes for the race. There not up on the MDR web site.

Thanks.

Jon

Timberwlf

Ive got question for the guys marking the course?? is the hodge road jump gonna be used this time?? Im hoping so cause thats in my opinion one of the best spots to spec from.

Later
Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Timberwlf on 01/24/03 04:43 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

desertracer

As for the map, I think you can get the one that is Barstow course B, it will say Stoddard 250 on it from the last race but I am pretty sure they are running the same direction and course. Can anybody confirm this?

MDR #112

BIG_FAT_LOSER

That is where Patricia told me to get the course info for marking saturday.

No, the Hodge Rd. jump is no longer used due to safety concerns.

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

Greg

Just got home from Barstow and had a good time. I got a chance to ride in JKrell's toyota and its working great. Looks like the prerunner class is gonna be the one to watch.

Greg

desertracer

We had a great time out at Barstow, there were a lot of people out there testing. Thanks to Mike and Pete from Kartek for getting out car all set-up, it really moves well now. Pre- ran the course, same as the last race so no changes. See you all next weekend.

MDR #112

elcaprerunner

If the course is the same as last race, might there be a chance the Hodge Road jump is a part of the track?? I think that is about the best place to watch there, it reminds me of the old Road crossing at Laughlin, like on Dezert People. If not too bad, what was the issue concerning safety on that jump? Is MDR afraid that someone will go off the side of it accidently? Or that they will jump too far and someone will go end over end and get hurt really bad? I don't blame them if it was that much of a safety concern though, just fun to watch.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

desertracer

After pre-running on sunday the hodge road jump looks like a go. All the markers pointed in the same direction over the hill that drops off and then starts into the whoops. Maybe they will keep people from the base? I'm not sure what the situation was there last race so I can't say what needs to be done. It should be a great spot to watch from though.

MDR #112

shrek

The Hodge jump used to be ridiculously dangerous because the spectators would stand on the edge of the road and basically ask to be run over. It became really bad so they stopped running the jump. It is also a hazard because the spectators wont let the chase trucks through so you get the chasers getting mad because the spectators wont get out of the way and the spectators getting mad because the chasers have somewhere they need to be.

And to top it all off.........you have one flagman in an orange vest that is trying to control all of these people...........not a good situation. We will see if MDR does any kind of spectator control or somthing of the sort??? It should be interesting.....................

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

SpeedRacer

The spot you are referring to is the exit from pit C also referred to as “inner Hodge”. It is an easy to find spot where some vehicles will get some air. However, it is not the “road crossing” out by the freeway that has been eliminated for safety reasons.

shrek

I was thinking that they were reopening the "old hodge jump." Now I get it, Thanks.

Matt

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

desertracer

Yeah, I was talking about the inner hodge road jump. They have not run the outter one in quite a while. It was scary last race in the race car because people get so close and it is a blind landing so you can't really tell how far off course you are until it is too late. On the second lap we had a close call when the letners passed us just before the jump, if they had been a few seconds later who knows what could have happened. So just be smart if you are going to watch the race and stay out of harms way. That is just one more thing we have to worry about when we are flying through the desert. See ya out there.

MDR #112