Wild West 100 - Montana Baja

MNorby

Reaction
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but didn't see an events forum.

Spectators Poster:

Racers Poster:

TJERGENSEN

Reaction
is this in al's back yard. least he won't have to drive 15 hours to get to race

OldGreen

Reaction
More details please.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
This is great! Lets get desert racing in every statefrom the mid west to the pacific. There will be zero chance that the enviro's and their pocketed politicians will be able to avoid letting us use OUR land! Keep up the good work. The more sanctioning bodies the better. We need to bring them together somehow to have a consolidated voice! Ad $25.00 fee to the entry fee to go into a fund to higher a good lobbyist.

GHull

Reaction
wish I had seen this sooner!! Not going to be able to make this one

DeathMonkey007

Reaction
I wont be able to make this but will bump it just cause its desert racing here in the North! Sweet!!! Will try and make it next year

MNorby

Reaction
Your best bet for more info is to call Charlie or Don or Wes whose numbers are on the psoters. I am kinda the internet savy person so am helping get the word out. This is basically in Al's back yard. It is basically gonna be a 2 hour type race, here are the rules and tech info as best as i have them right now:

Race Rules and Tech

Marley Racing

Reaction
I wish I knew about it earlier too as with our prep in Salt Lake, it's not that far away? Unfortunately I'm scheduled to be back east in Boston during that time already.

We just had the BORR Wendover race last weekend and I could have talked it up a bit at that event as the guys from BORR are all fairly close by for an event like this.

Is this on Al Hogan's land up there?

Total Loss

Reaction
Big Sky racing!
I love it.
Lets see some photos afterwards.

richard cretsinger

Reaction
very interested. i could have the truck back up and ready for that race, billings is not that far for me.

fordnut

Reaction
Cool! Montana has some killer scenery.

BenStock

Reaction
Would love to see pics of the course.

I have family in Helena and Billings and would definitely do a race in the area.

Little bit of a short notice on this race though.

Very cool area. About 10-12 years ago, we stopped in a Rapelje bar for lunch. The walls in the bar were completely covered with rattle snake tails brought in from the locals.

My brother-in-law is a photographer for the Billings Gazette. If you want, I'll put a bug in his ear to maybe get a little coverage of the race in the paper.

Good luck with the race.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
is this in al's back yard. least he won't have to drive 15 hours to get to race
This is Al's backyard literally. He has 600 acres of perfect forest,rolling hills & meadow trails that will be fun to race on. I can't make it this year, but encourage all who can to show up , because I am sure it will be a challenging and fun event to race or spectate. Myself and others have been sugessting this to him for years to hold an annual event, glad he finally has annouced it.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Oh man the terrain will be awesome! I will make this one year, just not anytime soon. Kudos to all involved though!

misfit

Reaction
I will be racing this in my koh style car. There is a chance of snow so i guess that means no dust. O and a high of 35 on race day:D