Will class 6100 let us in????

Robert Mason

Reaction
We used everything that was included in the package. It didn't include intercooler, air filter, p/s pump. including oiling system. Our 7200 trucks have won more than all other builders combined since we introduced them in 2009. 09,10,11,12,13 Bitd champs.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
On a similar note, what about using the Ecoboost engine with bigger turbos as the spec engine to match up to the GM engine. I drove a new F150, it hauled butt. Couldn't a couple sealable and controlable mods work to make an Ecoboost match up? It would probably be more reliable and marketable than an 351w. Ford seems to have a few issues getting a package together. I asked Pete at the BWDC, but he just peacocked and wanted to harass me about our 2013 "cheater" trans lol. It is just an idea, I don't know real power numbers. Could that work Pistol? The Ford dude was sweating bullets trying to get an answer for everybody.
so you are asking ecoboost legal in 6100??? I would say in stock form its close, but im no engine expert.....bigger turbos might give it a big advantage.....danzio built an ecoboost that put out HUGE numbers a while back that went to Australia in a small geiser......rick said it would SMOKE any TT he ever drove....too many variables with turbos added to a naturally aspirated class in my opinion....I would vote no...but I agree ford needs a RELIABLE/COPETITIVE package for this class.....and I think they are working on it....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
We used everything that was included in the package. It didn't include intercooler, air filter, p/s pump. including oiling system. Our 7200 trucks have won more than all other builders combined since we introduced them in 2009. 09,10,11,12,13 Bitd champs.
not the ecoboost one......trying to compare strippers and farm animals??

Robert Mason

Reaction
so you are asking ecoboost legal in 6100??? I would say in stock form its close, but im no engine expert.....bigger turbos might give it a big advantage.....danzio built an ecoboost that put out HUGE numbers a while back that went to Australia in a small geiser......rick said it would SMOKE any TT he ever drove....too many variables with turbos added to a naturally aspirated class in my opinion....I would vote no...but I agree ford needs a RELIABLE/COPETITIVE package for this class.....and I think they are working on it....
Ecoboost puts slightly less hp and slightly more tq on the chassis dyno than the Ls3. Pretty similar.

Robert Mason

Reaction
Fords latest package for the 6100 class puts down more power than the Ls3 on the same dyno.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
did you ASK if the oiling system was open???? I DID!!!!! and had the oilpan MADE, and TOLD YOUR GUY ABOUT IT......call steve and ask him.....and yes we did race it ONCE without the drysump pan, when it failed at the 1000 in top ten on road OVERALL in 2013. so be careful posting things that you DONT KNOW AS FACT.....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Ecoboost puts slightly less hp and slightly more tq on the chassis dyno than the Ls3. Pretty similar.
the STOCK engine from ford or the new and improved rebuilt one.....??

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Stock. I know nothing about a rebuilt engine.
then you are not very up to date on the ecoboost program or the rules or your truck that has one....carry on

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
In the rules the Ecoboost is only allowed in stock form sealed by turnkey 3.5L Ford Part # M-6007-35T. That part number does not include dry sump. That would be like the guys running the Busch motors saying the Ecoboost guys get to run turbos why cant we? Im not blaming you. Just gets a bit aggravating when BITD does not enforce their own rules.
so does the brake booster pump come on the back passengerside head of that engine from the factory?????... YES IT DOES!!....then why doesnt YOUR guys truck have it???

Robert Mason

Reaction
There definitely was no brake booster pump. Keep in mind this truck was finished in early 2012. Besides that is not part of the engine. Converting from a factory wet sump oil system to drysump is actually modifying the engine and affects its performance. Might as well through a drysump on these LS3 engines for 6100. I understand Ford does a lot for BITD but it would be nice if he updated the rulebook before allowing this. Anyway, congratulations on your wins glad you guys seem to have figured out your motor problems.

07FJRog

Reaction
Fords latest package for the 6100 class puts down more power than the Ls3 on the same dyno.
Then the 525 ls3 should have been chosen and all would be good for Ford and Chevy. My ls3 was less than 9k shipped with ecu harness and motor. Now thats a budget motor for a spec class right there.
My 6100 chassis full of fuel and no spare weighs 3400 lbs, with a windshield. Top that, lol

Edgmon Motorsports

Reaction
Leave the class alone. Trucks only. I also agree with Pete, class should be only allowed to run a stock tune, but that rules already changed so I dont want to bring up another argument. If class 1 guys want to run a spec class then race class 10 as class 1 is an "unlimited" class and always has been. This class 6100/TT Spec is growing substantially right now leave the rules alone. We had some bad luck at the Desert Challenge and are going to be back for revenge at Parker! See u guys there..

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

idealer

Reaction
We should drop 7200 and run with 6100. BIG/Turbo V6 or Spec V8 Run what you brung. NO buggies in class.

mongo

Reaction
My new Ecoboost truck has the replacement engine being built. It just happens to have a bigger crank,pistons and rods. A nice daily sump is also in the package. The turbos are "stock as delivered by the manufacturer " the rules dont say which stock motor ,turbos have to come off of. Get mad all you want. Nothing will happen.

Robert Mason

Reaction
My new Ecoboost truck has the replacement engine being built. It just happens to have a bigger crank,pistons and rods. A nice daily sump is also in the package. The turbos are "stock as delivered by the manufacturer " the rules dont say which stock motor ,turbos have to come off of. Get mad all you want. Nothing will happen.

Lol. The rulebook does say exactly which ecoboost motor is allowed 3.5l and specifies the part number and a 2. something liter. I really don't care. Sounds like BITD has opened it up so you can do whatever you want to them. Personally I thought the bone stock motor ran as hard as any Busch motor. I would say Ecoboost is the way to go for 7200.