Will class 6100 let us in????

Samco Fab

Reaction
My new Ecoboost truck has the replacement engine being built. It just happens to have a bigger crank,pistons and rods. A nice daily sump is also in the package. The turbos are "stock as delivered by the manufacturer " the rules dont say which stock motor ,turbos have to come off of. Get mad all you want. Nothing will happen.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Did you pick up a pair of "stock" turbos from a 6.4 Ford diesel and bolt em up Randy?

idealer

Reaction
I always thought we should have 6 classes

Spec 4 Cyl Buggy
Spec 8 Cyl Buggy
Unlimited Buggy

Spec 4 Cyl Truck
Spec 8 Cyl Truck
Unlimited Truck

Seems pretty simple and after a few years those other class specific vehicles end up elsewhere.

crowbar

Reaction
Not sure your competition would necessarily be closer to your budget ,if you research some or the 6100 / tt spec guys. Many also have trophys and or multiple cars.

F.A.S.T.clothing

Reaction
i was reading this and got me thinking... you say you dont want buggy in 6100, and that class 1 is their so buggys are not in TT and vise versa, so why is irs allowed in the unlimited v6 class. just got me thinking.

F.A.S.T.clothing

Reaction
randy are u going to do eco in your 7200? we are trying to decide what motor route will go in new chassis.... a issue i have is these trucks with 1 3/4 pipe that are clearly over 4k race ready. someone told me there is no weight rule in bitd just score is that correct. if so then we will use 1.75 instead of 2 on main cage.. sorry for going off topic

Fourstroker

Reaction
randy are u going to do eco in your 7200? we are trying to decide what motor route will go in new chassis.... a issue i have is these trucks with 1 3/4 pipe that are clearly over 4k race ready. someone told me there is no weight rule in bitd just score is that correct. if so then we will use 1.75 instead of 2 on main cage.. sorry for going off topic
They have the same weight rules......BITD just adds that it is the drivers/owners responsibility to have a safe cage. In short they never even look at your cage in tech

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
Why would you ever build a truck that isn't legal across the board? The difference in weight saved from 1.75 to 2" for critical tubes (doesn't have to be the whole truck) isn't worth the hit you would take trying to sell the truck down the road.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Why would you ever build a truck that isn't legal across the board? The difference in weight saved from 1.75 to 2" for critical tubes (doesn't have to be the whole truck) isn't worth the hit you would take trying to sell the truck down the road.
OMG!!!!! who stole louis' computer and posted something intelligent on it?????

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Pete ecoboost motor from turnkey
Or any ecoboost from factory in 7200
"they" say it can be 'rebuilt".....so that tells me any origin is fine as long as STOCK and SEALED.....mine all have been NEW.....none have been freshened....yet......have one that ran some dirt through it and could be freshened and one that we ruined that cannot.....

DNplywelwitothas

Reaction
Raush racing is getting 800+hp out of this engines
On a boosted engine the power gain with dry sump is neglectable
You can't run low friction rings otherwise blow by
Ran on virtual dyno
32" mp 400 hp 510 torque
45" mp 650hp 760 torque
60" mp 835hp 900 torque

There is a lot of potential

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Raush racing is getting 800+hp out of this engines
On a boosted engine the power gain with dry sump is neglectable
You can't run low friction rings otherwise blow by
Ran on virtual dyno
32" mp 400 hp 510 torque
45" mp 650hp 760 torque
60" mp 835hp 900 torque

There is a lot of potential
That is NOT the stock engine ....we get 263hp on chassis dyno...

DNplywelwitothas

Reaction
Thx Pete
Called turnkey
They gave me a tuner harness manufacture 951 245 2537
7500$ for tuner and harness
It can be tuned up to 880 hp
As per them
Just looking for an engine package
7200 ford racing
9000 turnkey for engine
Tuner and tranni
Expensive package
???

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Pete, what chassis dyno are you seeing those numbers on? Seems a bit off from what we saw when Laroza's truck was finished?
SAME dyno....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Thx Pete
Called turnkey
They gave me a tuner harness manufacture 951 245 2537
7500$ for tuner and harness
It can be tuned up to 880 hp
As per them
Just looking for an engine package
7200 ford racing
9000 turnkey for engine
Tuner and tranni
Expensive package
???
no, the $9000 stock engine CANNOT be tuned to 880hp, I WISH, lol........they can BUILD you a $60k one that can pull those numbers but NOT the stock one legal for 7200.....our truck wont go over 100mph, but it is big and heavy....

Robert Mason

Reaction
no, the $9000 stock engine CANNOT be tuned to 880hp, I WISH, lol........they can BUILD you a $60k one that can pull those numbers but NOT the stock one legal for 7200.....our truck wont go over 100mph, but it is big and heavy....
Heavy and seems to have a lot of drive train loss. You must run an underdrive.

DNplywelwitothas

Reaction
Thx
But why they steer you to a 7500 tuner?harness
Also turnkey 9000$
Ford racing 7250$
Why an 1800$ difference

From racing some sealed formula classes
Sealed engine programs do not work
The cheating was rampiend

Give a racer a rule or limitation
He will find a way to get around it

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Heavy and seems to have a lot of drive train loss. You must run an underdrive.
yes ....but still BEAT YOURS everytime???? why???.....yes, im LOLOL