Will NORRS happen?

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Are you serious? With a title like that how is there not going to be bashing, one way or the other... :rolleyes:

I for one am confident that the NORRS race will happen this weekend.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
.... it will happen....

pop's you just opened a can of worms... nothing good can come of a thread like this.... sorry to say it but bad choice in a thread (might even want to think about locking it while you can)

ill be the first to admit that i was a bit optimistic about NORRS and so were a lot of other people

the numbers of racers might not be there, but if NORRS sticks to what they are telling us, this series has potential to be the biggest underdog upset of short-course racing !! ... the sxs nationals have been around for a couple years now and work very hard to get what they have, and right out of the box NORRS will one up the sxs nationals.... nothing against sxs nationals because everybody needs these smaller races to get their feet wet / more seat time

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Racers are already here KalGard,KLS motorsports and a couple others.

todd5c

Reaction
we will be there early tomorrow morning.

sweetdevil

Reaction
We couldn't make it this weekend because of the date. We already had to be at the MORE race this weekend and there are too many entries for the small trailer to go and the small trailer can't do multiple day races like a short course event.

Good luck to everyone racing and to NORRS!

JoeyD23

Reaction
NORRS will happen and it will be a great series if they do all they have promised! We wish them the best.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
The race is canceled. It was due to an issue between NORRS and the fairgrounds and probably more that I don't have any details on. From what I hear the fairgrounds were the ones to make the final call to pull the plug.

The Crew building the track were doing a great job and it looked just about ready to race on. And Billy Heandiges was able to put together a full production crew on very short notice which was setup and ready to shoot. It's to bad that issues out of the TV production and track crews control were what caused the cancelation.

gmmvp42

Reaction
This a bummer, I was rooting for them after the rough start. I thought they made huge steps in gaining racers/customers trust. Hopefully it won't happen again and they will be able to try again. One day b4 the event, whatever the reason, is crazy...

ryant35

Reaction
Wow. And to think I almost bit the bullet and admitted I was wrong for all the bashing... I'll wait and see why it was canceled before I have anything comments. It went this far so I'll give NORRS the benefit of the doubt.

XMOTORCR

Reaction
well this sicks for all us races that were on our way and had to turn around. so bring all the cars/trucks out to the GLEN HELEN race on june 13th

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
hmmmm.... wonder if itwill be only this race or all the races that are cancelled... sure is a huge whoop in an already rocky start!! :eek:

dnf736

Reaction
Speachless, glad my wife is running late & we havent left yet, Im actually going to save money this weekend.

Glen Helen here we come, round 1 of the MX Nationals.:D

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Pops,

I owe you and everyone else an appology about my post at the top of this thread. I sure hope my shoe tastes good...

Again, sorry for the harsh words!

Brian

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Pops,

I owe you and everyone else an appology about my post at the top of this thread. I sure hope my shoe tastes good...

Again, sorry for the harsh words!

Brian
x2!!!... i feel that i ate crow too soon!! ... and pops.... im sorry, i had a feeling you knew something but just thought this thread would start a pissing match....

this is a prime example why people (including myself) were asking soooo many questions ... i feel sorry for those guys back east (that they supposedly had coming) and the guys outside of cali who made the long haul that came up short

ryant35

Reaction
Hey Pops, drop what you are doing and go buy a lotto ticket!!! And come back here and tell me what numbers you played. :)