Will Trophy Truck be split into 2 classes 2WD & AWD?

buckwild

Reaction
In the not-too-distant future someone's going to build a reliable AWD trophy truck that's going to dominate every race it enters and it's only competition will be another AWD TT. Will SCORE and BITD split TT into 2 classes like Pro 2 and Pro 4 because not everybody can run out and buy a new AWD TT what will the future be for the 2WD

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
In my opinion it doesn't matter because anyone that races a TT 2 or 4 wheel drive has only one goal in mind and that's to win the race overall. If you don't have what it takes vehicle wise to accomplish that goal you are going to have to buy it or change your goals and class. The cost and maintenance of the vehicles continues to rise and the ROI isn't heading in the same direction. Something got to give as only so many people are willing to spend that kind of money for a few races a year.

Last edited:

green787

Reaction
AWD hasn't won the Baja 1000, 500, and 250) and we're already talking about another class...
It's a sickness...:D:D:D

redline

Reaction
Hell ya, another class because we dont have enough of them!!!!

No I dont think class will split just do to the fact TT is the unlimited run whatcha brung class. Besides that AWD has a long way to go before they can be declared the ultimate vehicle in the desert the same way they are in short course. Once they get everything worked out and ride like a 2wd TT along with reliability of the tried and true then I might reconsider my thoughts on the situation.

43mod

Reaction
I watched Silver Dollar Speedway turn a 24 car late model class into a 5 car super late model class in 2 years.
Boy were those supers fast , and boring . And then they were done .

RanchoPacific Motorsports

Reaction
No more classes!!!
Unlimited should be UNLIMITED and should include anything that makes you faster or more reliable.
I also think Score should allow Turbos and Super Chargers to really make it unlimited.

ACME

Reaction
No I dont think class will split just do to the fact TT is the unlimited run whatcha brung class. QUOTE]

The reason we currently have 2 "unlimited" classes is marketing and the fact the truck guys were tired of getting beat up by the faster buggies back in the day. In theory and by definition shouldn't we only need 1 "UNLIMITED" class?

Just wait until the AWD trucks/cars do win consistently and at that time the have nots will push for another class. History dictates it will happen and the whiners and special interests always seem to get their way.

Proof: Why have a legends TT class? Roeseler was great when he was told he won the legends deal and his response was, what's that and that he was there to win the overall...

AZ7000'

Reaction
You mean 4 classes? 2WD, 2WD legends, 4WD, 4WD legends?

There are already 2 TT classes.

fathead

Reaction
I thought unlimited meant run what you brung, unless it had a transaxle, turbo or super charger.

Maybe it means unlimited amount of classes.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
After driving a 4WD and a 2WD truck the same week, I would say it's a strong possibility but don't think it's anytime soon. They're completely different animals.

ltr450rider

Reaction
Can someone remind me what happened to class 1 being called an "Unlimited" vehicle?

This is the early years of the 4WD. If it takes off and dominates in the coming years, it will eventually get it's own class because the 2WD trucks will want to win in a class that is equal to them.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
No more classes!!!
Unlimited should be UNLIMITED and should include anything that makes you faster or more reliable.
I also think Score should allow Turbos and Super Chargers to really make it unlimited.

I've wondered myself how they allow a twin engine turbo motor truck but not a twin turbo TT like Josh Daniel built.