Will Trophy Truck be split into 2 classes 2WD & AWD?

Baja Bryan

Reaction
All the other TT drivers need to do is complain and vote it out. Thats what happened to the Truggy we just got. Class 1 guys voted it out. As soon as it wins a lot we will see.

Kolman

Reaction
Twin turbos can race BITD but it has not raced in SCORE TT yet.

They tried to at the Baja 500. Puff of white smoke in Qualifying then they switched to a 6100 for the actual race. I believe if they hadn't blown it up in qualifying they were going to race it, so doesn't that count?

Baja Bryan

Reaction
They tried to at the Baja 500. Puff of white smoke in Qualifying then they switched to a 6100 for the actual race. I believe if they hadn't blown it up in qualifying they were going to race it, so doesn't that count?

They raced TT legends not 6100 lol...

Kolman

Reaction
They raced TT legends not 6100 lol...

They ran a 6100 truck in TT Legends....

Here is that puff of white smoke in qualifying in the Twin Turbo Diesel,

And here is a picture of the truck they ran during the race...different.

Point being, Score allows Clyde to run his Twin Turbo Diesel in Score TT(Legends).

ACME

Reaction
No I dont think class will split just do to the fact TT is the unlimited run whatcha brung class. .

(my post a page back got screwed up, another try...)

The reason we currently have 2 "unlimited" classes is marketing and the fact the truck guys were tired of getting beat up by the faster buggies back in the day. In theory and by definition shouldn't we only need 1 "UNLIMITED" class? The run what ya brung theory is great unless you can't win...

Just wait until the AWD trucks/cars do win consistently and at that time the have nots will push for another class. History dictates it will happen and the whiners and special interests always seem to get their way.

Proof: Why have a legends TT class? (Roeseler was great when he was told he won the legends deal, and his response was basically: what's that and that he was there to win the overall not a sub class. Proof: Buggies vs Trucks separated in "Unlimited". Proof: Truggies separated from buggies. Proof: Class 10-2400, 7s-7s and other classes have split and or allowed motor and other concessions to appease those with the ear of the promoters...