Will Trophy Truck drivers change to 4x4

zjohnson

Time will tell. I still believe its the cost and lack of R & D on the 4wd setup that is its downfall. In off road racing, simplicity rules, and the speed these trucks go thru holes I don't think you want to compromise with the front geometry required to run a 4wd setup. I'm really interested to see how the new Armada Ultra 4 works out, its got the only setup I'd ever put on a trophy truck because you don't have to compromise the front geometry to spin the front tires.
4wd is awesome on graded roads, technical areas, and for qualifying, but its got to prove to be somewhat cost effective for people to go to it. I applaud the people trying it and hope they can break some ground for the new generation of TT's.

ACME

Thoughts:

1) Once a few 4x4 TT's win consistently, there will be another new class debate...

2) They should just run UTV's with truck bodies, Turbo/open computer on 35's with 2 shocks per corner, and the "development/teething issues" will be solved. Think of the contingency-sponsor-marketing options: The "Monster/BFG/Can Am/Ford Raptor"... then we can get straight to the new class debate! ;)

You Mad Bro

Thoughts:

1) Once a few 4x4 TT's win consistently, there will be another new class debate...

2) They should just run UTV's with truck bodies, Turbo/open computer on 35's with 2 shocks per corner, and the "development/teething issues" will be solved. Think of the contingency-sponsor-marketing options: The "Monster/BFG/Can Am/Ford Raptor"... then we can get straight to the new class debate! ;)
Good enough for me lol

Bdub 1020

Ahhh lets just get a buggy class with a sealed crate V-8 , 4 speed non sequential transmission and 35 inch tire limit lol.

baja41000

Time will tell. I still believe its the cost and lack of R & D on the 4wd setup that is its downfall. In off road racing, simplicity rules, and the speed these trucks go thru holes I don't think you want to compromise with the front geometry required to run a 4wd setup. I'm really interested to see how the new Armada Ultra 4 works out, its got the only setup I'd ever put on a trophy truck because you don't have to compromise the front geometry to spin the front tires.
4wd is awesome on graded roads, technical areas, and for qualifying, but its got to prove to be somewhat cost effective for people to go to it. I applaud the people trying it and hope they can break some ground for the new generation of TT's.
With the components and technology available now, the AWD Trophy Truck will soon be the standard as it is in Rally Racing. So far, we have had incredible results with the testing of our new Ultra4 and have some new things in the works for a Trophy Truck application we feel will aid the AWD evolution.

TecateRay

Key point to ponder: To finish first you must first finish.
How many DNFs will a team with deep pockets be willing to accept to prove 4x4 is the way to win.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Herbst have as deep of pockets as anyone else and they abandoned the 4x4 Trophy Truck

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

BajaFand

Herbst have as deep of pockets as anyone else and they abandoned the 4x4 Trophy Truck

It had become outdated but in its prime it won many races and a Score championship. With two 2wd trucks in the last 4-5 years they have 1 win, Parker.

Slippery P

With the components and technology available now, the AWD Trophy Truck will soon be the standard as it is in Rally Racing. So far, we have had incredible results with the testing of our new Ultra4 and have some new things in the works for a Trophy Truck application we feel will aid the AWD evolution.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about!
Can't wait to see this thing run, Your TTs are one of my favorite.
I'm assuming it will run KOH this year?

Dezertpilot

The stuff Jason over at Tubeworks is coming up with is nuts! 4wd will be the way of the future no doubt.

f1sleepy

Pretty sure he was faster since he won... Seems like killer results for a truck that is still relatively "new". In theory, it will only get faster.

BigBlue&Goldie

It's cool to see that 4x4 technology has advanced to the point its capable of winning races! Congrats to everyone involved!

Dezert00Taco

Pretty sure he was faster since he won... Seems like killer results for a truck that is still relatively "new". In theory, it will only get faster.
He ran a steady race. He won cause he was consistent and the faster cars in front of him broke.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
He ran a steady race. He won cause he was consistent and the faster cars in front of him broke.
Which in essence made him faster overall.

I don't think the win was a fluke. They will win more and the technology will continue to evolve and develop. That is one of the greatest parts of the sport.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions