wilwood brakes

grotes

Reaction
Hi i'm wanting to use wilwood calipers designed for .81" rotors on some .71" rotors. Does anyone know if that's ok. I've tried to contact wilwood direct from Australia but with no success. Their web site says .040 under is ok but i'm sure they have to put a large safety margin in.

Any feed back greatly appreciated

regards
dave

51rcr

Reaction
It took me awhile and the right person to get info I was looking for. try them again. phone and email. I was having a problem finding brake pads from EBC off a part number and called and emailed US part of company. no one could find anything. sent one to Europe parent company, got quick response will extra requested info.
I think you would be fine. that's like a turned down rotor is all

skullver

Reaction
I don't know the specifics of the caliper/rotor, but the only issue I can see is you might want to replace the pads a bit sooner than if it was a true .810" rotor, as that spacing between pad faces and rotor thickness is what determines if the pads will be captured within the caliper through all wear scenarios.

You could also make some pad spacers that go behind the pads to make up that .050" per side.

grotes

Reaction
cheers guys, Pad spacers are prob an easy option. I haven't purchased a caliper yet but will be along the lines of the dynalite. I would think the pads would have to wear significantly to fall out as with oe brake calipers that will wear to the backing plate and not fall out.

Ill prob just pull the trigger