Window net designs.

GBRACER

Reaction
Looking to put nets in our new to us 1600 car, what style latching systems are you using pro's and con's let me know thanks.

MTPyle

Reaction
We had the old school seat belt type and it got jammed a few times then we went to the latch like on a racing belt and it’s way better. A little harder to latch but way faster to get out, which is when it matters. So based on our experience I would go with the latch type see link below

Kartek latch

on that topic we have PRP nets now that are timing out. Thinking of switching to the Hostyle type that are smaller holes. I hear they are easier to see thru

what netting are you using?

Mike

GBRACER

Reaction
Mike.
We have nothing made up yet i think the latch like a seat belt would work best ,
just have cardboard templates on the go.
62855837188__EEA3FE69-66B1-414D-B808-2A3A5A8F0F3A.JPG

SMS81

Reaction
UPR is now making sfi rated safety nets, I ordered a custom set and are really happy with them. All of the existing tabs and bolt holes lined up perfectly without any modification, very durable as well.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Looking to put nets in our new to us 1600 car, what style latching systems are you using pro's and con's let me know thanks.
I am pretty certain that the spring loaded bar systems are not going to be legal much longer. There were some failures of those style setups that had bad consequences and it is my recollection that they were gonna be phased out.

these VVVVV are what I sell the most of

Rcamp99

Reaction
I am pretty certain that the spring loaded bar systems are not going to be legal much longer. There were some failures of those style setups that had bad consequences and it is my recollection that they were gonna be phased out.

these VVVVV are what I sell the most of

You are correct. Too many failures. The latch and link will be the ones accepted.

Zambo

Reaction
I'll never understand why that A pillar area needs a net/plexiglass. What a total PITA. If your arms are going out that hole you've got problems that a net isn't going to solve. Heck why not put a net in the front windshield opening, or in the rear opening too?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I'll never understand why that A pillar area needs a net/plexiglass. What a total PITA. If your arms are going out that hole you've got problems that a net isn't going to solve. Heck why not put a net in the front windshield opening, or in the rear opening too?

At the 2020 mint and the 2020 UTVWC races where Bill Savage was tech director they made those spots “must have netting “. This caught me off guard at the mint. I was ready at the UTVWC though. I bought a tennis net and sold it by the foot. I’ll bet 50 cars had my tennis netting on them.

MTPyle

Reaction
That was a mess. There were guys with the zip ties, blue tape, and even Seran wrap on the front side windows at Mint400. LOL classic.

the spring style button that we had should be outlawed. We assumed it was good as that what was in our truck. But it was a mess. Actually jammed in two roll overs we had. Gladly those did not have fire involved. Once when I rolled at V2R qualifying. I got out and Connor was in there yelling, he could not get his net open so had to crawl over to my side.

tech inspectors need to make rules clear well before the race. You can’t wait until race tech to tell someone they can’t have something or need something. Changing our window latch was a big project, no way we could do that at a race.

Mike