• Forum membership has its advantages....

Window Net Installation Help

jack montgomery

I need to install window nets in my Crew Cab Chevy Prerunner for the upcoming Norra race. The inside of the doors have panels and would like to install the nets with minimal impact on the door panel. I thought of using snaps but that would jamb up against the weatherstripping. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Zambo ?

Attachments

y2kbaja

I would for sure attach them to the doors and not the cage, that way they are out of the way when the door opens. I know that wasn't your question.
Other than snaps. Think of a rod with a wire clamp (like a conduit clamp) to hold the rod on. You could also do velcro if you went high end velcro.

jack montgomery

I would for sure attach them to the doors and not the cage, that way they are out of the way when the door opens. I know that wasn't your question.
Other than snaps. Think of a rod with a wire clamp (like a conduit clamp) to hold the rod on. You could also do velcro if you went high end velcro.
Agree that they need to attach to the doors, will have to look at the rod concept possibly drilling a hole through the bottom sides of the frame of the door and attach the the top bar the same way with a spring load . Any pics someone may have will help, Thanks

Agree that they need to attach to the doors, will have to look at the rod concept possibly drilling a hole through the bottom sides of the frame of the door and attach the the top bar the same way with a spring load . Any pics someone may have will help, Thanks
Look at Jaz part no 908-03
We have them in stock at SDHQ.
480-633-2929

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambo

Jack, I just used some thing wall .5" tube and flattened the ends for the bottom rod. Drill through the flattened ends, countersink the hole and use a flat head #10 allen screw to attach to the door. I used nutserts for all the places I had to put screws in the door. I freaking love my nutsert tool, haha. I bend up a couple brackets for the top rod which is spring loaded. I just have basic off the shelf nets from Summit. I would definitely be an upgrade to get custom or at least better fit nets made out of string net or mesh because looking out of these strap nets sucks.

Zambo

BTW the reason for the countersink and the flat head is because when you close the door this area is under the weatherstrip.

jack montgomery

Thanks Zambo, I agree with the nut inserts, they are perfect for so many applications. The pictures help a lot since you have the same scenario. I also agree with the net visibility, I am going to go with the mesh style, I think G-Force has a stock one that might fit

Mark Newhan

Jack, I just used some thing wall .5" tube and flattened the ends for the bottom rod. Drill through the flattened ends, countersink the hole and use a flat head #10 allen screw to attach to the door. I used nutserts for all the places I had to put screws in the door. I freaking love my nutsert tool, haha. I bend up a couple brackets for the top rod which is spring loaded. I just have basic off the shelf nets from Summit. I would definitely be an upgrade to get custom or at least better fit nets made out of string net or mesh because looking out of these strap nets sucks.

Clean that sum-bitch.

mfs

I would suggest getting the Coleman kit and new Kartech sell them. It had that spring loaded rod it's pretty clean also is clean is to make a pattern and have a custom net made to the shape of the door. I have used dj safety for this and they where great.

jack montgomery

I would suggest getting the Coleman kit and new Kartech sell them. It had that spring loaded rod it's pretty clean also is clean is to make a pattern and have a custom net made to the shape of the door. I have used dj safety for this and they where great.

Thanks for the info