windshield removal

boltonbros

i have a ranger, how do you take out a windshield without breaking it
thanks

when in doubt throttle it out

John Bitting

Administrator
Call a glass company. In the states its only like $35 to have it removed.. I know with the older vehicles like my blazer its pretty much gonna get broken, but with the newer ones you should be fine.

drtdevil93

its usually a major SOB to get the windshield out. like john said, take it to an automotive glass company, its pretty cheap.

erik

redline

if you find some one who can get the windsheild out of your ranger in one peice youre the man. rangers are near impossible to get the windsheild out in one peice. you are probly better off just taking it out yourself because if you pay someone to do then you have to pay them wether the break it or not. Chances are you will be out the money for the labor and the windsheild.

boltonbros

your right it is a sob that glue super hard to take off. thanks for the helb but my foot did the trick just didnt come out in one piece

when in doubt throttle it out

FABRICATOR

I know it's a little late, but they make a hot knife gizmo that goes right through that glue.

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

84toy

A little different question, I broke my roomates windshield, (91 saturn ls1 i think)with a basketball. Every place I call wants 500 to 600 hundred for a new one installed. They said it was a factory only windshield which makes it so expensive. Could I go to a junkyard get one and put it in myself? Ive done windows on cars, never a windshield though.

Jason

FABRICATOR

Yes go ahead! Shop around and get the best price and don't forget to ask about quantity discounts. Seriously, a lot of junk yards will pull their windshield out and some of those will install it too. Stand there and watch them if they will let you. That way there is a slightly better chance that it won't leak. If they only have one and they break it, your buddy will be driving around without a windshield for a while. Keep plan "B" handy.

<font color=blue>"A Ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are built for"</font color=blue>