"WINNING CAPABLE" ELECTRIC GEISER for 2022.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I didnt think we were talking "green" here. We are talking power and durability.

We were supposed to be but somebody wants this conversation to be about Gavin Newsome or whatever.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
And how many decades did it take for fuel injection to reach the ability it has now??? Electric is going to be no different. As far as the Rock Jocks go, can't wait to see one of them finish the San Felipe 250 in a time limit race. This is desert racing, not rock crawling. There is a difference.

Should we go back to coal or steam or whatever?

Horse and buggy?

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Should we go back to coal or steam or whatever?

Horse and buggy?
No, we should switch to electric before it is efficient. We should switch to electric before we have batteries capable of handling distances driven. We should switch to electric before we have infrastructure in place that can handle charging loads. We should switch to electrics before they are reliable. We should switch to electrics before they are cost effective. We should switch to electrics before they do less damage to the environment than ICE vehicles. We should switch to electrics because virtue signalling is more important than pragmatism. Should I go on?

Goober

RDC Crypto
No, we should switch to electric before it is efficient. We should switch to electric before we have batteries capable of handling distances driven. We should switch to electric before we have infrastructure in place that can handle charging loads. We should switch to electrics before they are reliable. We should switch to electrics before they are cost effective. We should switch to electrics before they do less damage to the environment than ICE vehicles. We should switch to electrics because virtue signalling is more important than pragmatism. Should I go on?
Who is being forced to switch to electric?

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
Who is being forced to switch to electric?
It’s a theme of his….
Innovation IS awesome. Forcing the public to buy failed innovation in the name of saving the planet while actually doing more harm, providing a less than adequate product, and leaving society in a position that was less favorable than before is unacceptable.

No, we should switch to electric before it is efficient. We should switch to electric before we have batteries capable of handling distances driven. We should switch to electric before we have infrastructure in place that can handle charging loads. We should switch to electrics before they are reliable. We should switch to electrics before they are cost effective. We should switch to electrics before they do less damage to the environment than ICE vehicles. We should switch to electrics because virtue signalling is more important than pragmatism.

Should I go on?
Funny question, we all know you will!

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Apparently, we are supposed to round up all our ICE trucks and turn them into yard art. And the $4500 tax credit for electric trucks (that don't start with the letters TES) is our compensation.

JBuggy21

RDC Crypto
The hypercraft TT will be great to help settle a lot of the debates. Reading on their website, they sound very ambitious. Racing SF 250, Baja 500 and 1000 and the Mint next year. Looking at the design swapping batteries doesn’t seem quick and they only estimate 200 mile range which we all know means 100 at best. I still think it’s cool. You can’t deny the power of electric motors. Seems like the only real issue is battery life first and durability second. A whole lot less moving parts in electric drivelines vs. gas.

63chevyll

RDC Crypto
Could you imagine the acceleration from the corners to the jumps with electric? Insane. It would be like dirt bikes!

—john

That's why I like to see races in person. I could only imagine how lame it would be watching a handful of electric , quiet race cars or motorcycles in a stadium race.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
back to elec. tt, sooo , when electric tt are winning all the race's, will 58 year old Luke M demand a separate awd ice class for his vintage tt??

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto

You do realize there are electric vehicles that are reliable already right?

mrlentle

RDC keyboard warrior
RDC Crypto
The hypercraft TT will be great to help settle a lot of the debates. Reading on their website, they sound very ambitious. Racing SF 250, Baja 500 and 1000 and the Mint next year. Looking at the design swapping batteries doesn’t seem quick and they only estimate 200 mile range which we all know means 100 at best. I still think it’s cool. You can’t deny the power of electric motors. Seems like the only real issue is battery life first and durability second. A whole lot less moving parts in electric drivelines vs. gas.
The fact that they're backing the Ultra4 EV push is awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing what the recipients of the hardware achieve.
11 EV's is not a bad number to start their own class or will they compete in the traditional classes (or a subclass maybe i.e. 4400EV etc)?

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
what Ever these guys build i hope it stays ' racing', not a social global ' comment' on melting glaciers, like right here in this annoying comment, im looking forward to see how DC incorporates these cars into koh😀

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
You do realize there are electric vehicles that are reliable already right?
Define reliable? Like, they will attain race speeds for 250 miles? They will cover their advertised range with headlights and heaters on? Just want to know what the definition of the day is, because I have seen both of these simply not pan out in real life.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Define reliable? Like, they will attain race speeds for 250 miles? They will cover their advertised range with headlights and heaters on? Just want to know what the definition of the day is, because I have seen both of these simply not pan out in real life.
I started a thread about an electric trophy truck and you made the thread about plumbers needing to spend 100k on a pickup truck for work or they would go to jail. Now, hundreds of posts later I get to decide what the thread is about?