"WINNING CAPABLE" ELECTRIC GEISER for 2022.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
The San Felipe version of that pit stop requires the crew wear flip flops and stop for a cervesa break after the first minute.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
that audi ' scoop' is cool, the next 'big thing', like, those big stoopid wings you could buy at pep boys and sheet metal screw them to the trunk of your nissan sentra , i see them soon on the latest street racers, one good thing about ev is there wont be those ANNOYING stooopid fart pipe exhausts

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
That's my point. Next Winner! Unstoppable! Fastest Ever! Always a bunch of marketing hype followed up by... Wah wah... And then nothing. Or, "Look, We won the first 34 miles! Here is our totally stock super mondo bitchen truck rolling up onto the finishing podium of the toughest Baja 1000 ever! (3 days after the race ended and they trailered the vehicle to La Paz. How about a simple- We are going to try and finish the toughest Single Run race in the World with an electric vehicle. Wish us luck!

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Does anyone give a rats if whatever lame looking and working electric car or truck has raced, won, or finished the baja 1000?

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Kind of depends on the view involved. Had an all electric won this year, you better believe every Mother Earth, Mechanics illustrated, etc... mag would do a feature, politicians would be touting the technology, and whichever major manufacturer that was seed money behind it would be claiming the win. But they aren't there yet, so none of that is happening. That's why claiming to be Winning Capable out of the box makes it ridiculous at this point. It's like touting how many semis your race team has when you have no championships.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
How about a simple- We are going to try and finish the toughest Single Run race in the World with an electric vehicle. Wish us luck!
So now it’s the fact they called it winning capable that you have a beef with? I’m
Betting no matter what they did or did not call it you would be a hater.

Also, this article just showed up on my FB feed. I’m Excited to hear how this is also the worst thing in the world.
It looks fun.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
My beef absolutely has to do with false claims and made up stats to tout something that does not exist. As I have said in the past when the Lordstown effort(marketing ploy? Tax right off joyride?) was launched last year. I have looked at an electric vehicle effort for Baja. It just doesn't pencil out with the current tech and supplies. So yeah, I will call a spade a spade, just like I call out the ill defined effort to make All Americans have to buy electric before there is a product worth a damn. If that makes me a 'hater', hate away!

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
So now it’s the fact they called it winning capable that you have a beef with? I’m
Betting no matter what they did or did not call it you would be a hater.

Also, this article just showed up on my FB feed. I’m Excited to hear how this is also the worst thing in the world.
It looks fun.

And again, enjoy your 40 miles of travel in tough offroad conditions with the lights, Heater, and AC off. "...up to 200 miles..." means only at the most optimal conditions, no heater, headlights. AC, silt, hills, sand, etc... Oh, and looks like it would be easy to swap out batteries for a Baja race to cover more than the second VCP. This is the entire point, Dan, at some time in the future, batteries or fuel cells will become efficient enough to be used for real every day use by the general public. This is not even close to that. I doubt you will see sales to real customers in 2022 and even then, enjoy your electric SxS (that's what it is) that is not street legal and won't get your groceries, commute to work, or drive from L.A. to Ensenada without a stop for an overnight charge. And enjoy the Wokeness.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
From their website "As you might expect, the Brawley is not road-legal". Actually no, their customers DID expect it to be road legal. Are they going to offer a custom trailer that you need to drive around and "adventure" with it? Hey, the thing looks cute and they put a real suspension underneath it, but their business model was to create an "RV" that cannot be legally driven on a highway? I'd guess that they ran out of (investment) money or (engineering) talent when designing it and had to go to market with what can only compete with the UTV's.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I get your point. There’s no point in experimenting. Innovation is dumb. We should outlaw bypass shocks probably. Everyone who wants to be competitive is basically mandated to buy them.

I’ve been wrong this whole time. Shutting off the power to my house and gonna just use lanterns and coal from now on.

I’m very sorry I caused all these problems for everyone.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Sarcasm aside, I don't think you dumb, just misguided a bit. Experimentation and innovation are great. Making false claims and swindling people out of their hard earned money with false advertising and marketing gimmicks is bull crap, pure and simple. So many, or should I say TOO MANY scammers and hucksters use off road racing as a flim flam marketing tool, and in the end, we all look the fools for it. As I said, when a REAL off road capable vehicle with a 250+ mile range at race speeds comes out, it will be great. Until then, the grassroots racers with next to no budget who do phuquing electric better than the multi-million dollar investor swindling market scamming Richard Cabezas will get my moral support.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
im pro electric, not mandate electric, but isnt the motors /drive trains Allready proven?, its those pesky batteries that are the main problem, correct?

Exactly. The cost and amount of batteries needed for a build is tough.

Mounting the battery to be able to have a quick change hasn’t been done yet in a ideal way. In my car the battery is basically the entire undercarriage of the car, that won’t work on a race truck.

—john

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto